NapsGear.net

3 weeks need help

WantItBad

Rep Points

3 weeks need help

So our school is hosting a powerlifting meet for students only only equipment allowed is a belt...now only being 3 weeks out what kinda of trying can i do to help my performance......would westside be a waste with only 3 weeks to go...something along the lines of 5x5 or like 6x2 or something along those lines? any help would be great thank guys
    "Strength is the product of struggle"

"Your greatest challenge isn't another person. Its the burning in your lungs and the burning in your legs, its the voice in your head screaming STOP you cant do anymore. But you dont listen. You push harder and you start to hear a the whisper of YOU CAN. You realize you are not the person you thought you were is no match for the person you are."

Functional Lifting = Life

Rep Points

I suppose that, since you certainly have a base level of strengh off of which to build, you could try training with singles if you haven't already. Progressively heavier singles leading up to a new PR, max or near-max attempt work well. I usually complete each exercise in no more than six reps and I find it not only effective but enjoyable as well. I'm not sure if this is a good idea so close to a competition, but if you go about it the right way you can simply rest a few days between workouts and your body will be used to such attempts by comp time.
    Push yourself. Enjoy yourself. Be yourself.
    Knowledge is power. Obsessed with functional strength. Journal

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

not giving yourself much time at all. You really have 2 weeks and then a one week taper.

Best idea:

Just train like you have been training and wind down your volume a week and a half out and then about 6 days out wind down the intensity.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

WantItBad

Rep Points

ya they just annouced it......i've been training around 8 reps stick there?

"Your greatest challenge isn't another person. Its the burning in your lungs and the burning in your legs, its the voice in your head screaming STOP you cant do anymore. But you dont listen. You push harder and you start to hear a the whisper of YOU CAN. You realize you are not the person you thought you were is no match for the person you are."

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WantItBad
    ya they just annouced it......i've been training around 8 reps stick there?

i mean, you could go a ltitle heavier. I don't know what kind of adaptations you think will take place in 2-3 weeks time. People train for many many weeks for a powerlifting meet. there is a "science" to it.

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."

WantItBad

Rep Points

ya i hear ya....no idea what i should do but for sure i want too

End of the world
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by P-funk
    i mean, you could go a ltitle heavier. I don't know what kind of adaptations you think will take place in 2-3 weeks time. People train for many many weeks for a powerlifting meet. there is a "science" to it.
    There probably won't be too much adaptation in such a short time, but a couple of weeks of doing triples wouldn't hurt, and might give him a indication of his limits.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Triple Threat
    There probably won't be too much adaptation in such a short time, but a couple of weeks of doing triples wouldn't hurt, and might give him a indication of his limits.

true.