• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Pick Just One

Tough Old Man

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If you could only pick one for overall tricep mass and why would you pick that one. The reason for this is today i ran into a guy at Home depot with hugh triceps. He says he only does one exercise for triceps and that's weighted dips. This guy had a set of tri's on him. says he does weighted dips with 150 + lbs hanging from him for sets and reps

(A) Skullcrusher
(B) CG Bench
(C) Weighted Dips

I didn't make this a poll cause I'm not into them but into ho's

a) fucks with my elbows big time
b) i like this exercise
c) pretty good exercise but when the weight gets up there the shoulders start sreaming along with the elbows.

I go with B.

close grip bench.

i like modified skullcrushers with DB's. i incorporate a pullover kind of thing into it, seems to get into long head more. of course i like weighted dips too but cant credit them with making my triceps bigger.

P-funk said:
b) i like this exercise
c) pretty good exercise but when the weight gets up there the shoulders start sreaming along with the elbows.

I go with B.

I agree, I'll go with B.

I like weighted dips the most.

I think C because you can make subtle adjustments so easily.

(c)

IML Gear Cream!
P-funk said:
b) i like this exercise

I go with B.
Patrick today i was really tired after a ton of bicep work. So i waited a while and still was weak on the CG Bench. Now i have Elbow and shoulder problems. So i did about 6 set (bodyweight ) only for about 3-4 reps going down about 1/2 way for dips. This seemed to work. I then added some weight and performed 6 reps. did this for 4 more sets and had no problems with elbows or shoulders and went all the way down. . I mean my right shoulder was screaming at first. I found out yesterday that i have a partial torn upper bicep tear. I thought the problem was the cuff but was to close to the front delt. This thing keeps me awake all night long. From the upper bicep all the way over the shoulder. Not sure what exercise i did to fuck this one up.

Sure will be glad when i finish my see saw dip machine. I should have it done this saturday as tom I drive to Ensenada to buy some more tubing to hold the plates. At least i can start off with a light weight instead of my fatass to warm up the shoulders and elbows. I'll take a pic of what I'm building this weekend and post it.

PT

what are you going to do for the bicep? Is it completly torn? You may be abel to go to an orthopedist and have them shave out some of the joint to give your muscles more room to move around in there.

P-funk said:
what are you going to do for the bicep? Is it completly torn? You may be abel to go to an orthopedist and have them shave out some of the joint to give your muscles more room to move around in there.
Not sure. my doc is making an appointment now to have an MRI done on it. This thing has been bothering me for 4 months and has now got to the point where if i sleep with the right arm above the head, i wake up sreaming to lower it back down. I thought it was the rotator but just couldn't figure why the pain was all over. I actually think it's two fold. rotator and upper torn bicep. This is bad and today I couldn't do any seated incline db curls. to much pain. Standing was ok. Then i used to much weight for ez bar curls. At least to much for me. I ddi 4 sets of 6 reps with 125 lbs ez bar curls going slow on the down movement. After I was done my delts were shot. i think this is why i had no strength when i tried CG bench for the tri's. I mean I couldn't get 1 rep with 60 lbs less then I normally use for 6 reps.

Tough Old Man said:
Not sure. my doc is making an appointment now to have an MRI done on it. This thing has been bothering me for 4 months and has now got to the point where if i sleep with the right arm above the head, i wake up sreaming to lower it back down. I thought it was the rotator but just couldn't figure why the pain was all over. I actually think it's two fold. rotator and upper torn bicep. This is bad and today I couldn't do any seated incline db curls. to much pain. Standing was ok. Then i used to much weight for ez bar curls. At least to much for me. I ddi 4 sets of 6 reps with 125 lbs ez bar curls going slow on the down movement. After I was done my delts were shot. i think this is why i had no strength when i tried CG bench for the tri's. I mean I couldn't get 1 rep with 60 lbs less then I normally use for 6 reps.

well, your bicep is technically part of your shoulder since the long head does cross the shoulder.

It sounds more like labrum to me though? But, I am not there. You may need to take your stretching more seriously to open up the shoulder capsule and give yourself some breathing room in there. Wait to speak to the Doc though and see what he says to do.

How did he decide it was your bicep if you had not had a prior MRI?

P-funk said:
b) i like this exercise

I go with B.
I share the same feelings.

P-funk said:
well, your bicep is technically part of your shoulder since the long head does cross the shoulder.

It sounds more like labrum to me though? But, I am not there. You may need to take your stretching more seriously to open up the shoulder capsule and give yourself some breathing room in there. Wait to speak to the Doc though and see what he says to do.

How did he decide it was your bicep if you had not had a prior MRI?
I showed him where the pain was. He said it was definitely the upper bicep running under the clavicle. the pain is really close in the crease between the shoulder and the front delt and runs all the way up. it's not on the side of the arm where the cuff is. remember i tore the left cuff and this is different. If i'm laying in bed and turn towards my right side to grab my water bottle off the night stand, the pain really hits when I strat to straighten out the arm and really hurts when i'm bending the arm bringing back the water to me.

like this if you were to put your arm straight out to the right and then make a bicep, that hurts like hell at the top of the bicep and then over the top of the shoulder

Patrick. One more thing. overhead pressing doesn't cause me no pain there.

Tough

I'm not a big fan of skullcrushers. It would definitely be CG benching or dips. I think I prefer dips in terms of killing my triceps, but CG benching is great. Actually, I like doing them on an incline a lot too because you get some extra ROM.

B, without question.

IML Gear Cream!
hmm, i never do close grip bench. maybe i should give them a try.

CowPimp said:
I'm not a big fan of skullcrushers. It would definitely be CG benching or dips. I think I prefer dips in terms of killing my triceps, but CG benching is great.
Me Too.

when i do CG bench and go heavy as i can, they hurt my wrists.....but they dont hurt on an ez bar

Superset all my tricep workouts -

1. Tricep pushdown <> Overhead Tricep extensions.
2. Skull Crushers <> close grip bench
3. Rope Tricep pushdown <> Rope Overhead Tricep extensions
4. Weighted Dips <> Triangle Pushups

Personally I like tricep pulldown's and one arm tricep pulldowns. Actually, I have never done cg bench or skull crushers. I feel as though my tri's are pretty well built, so I stick to what has been working for me.

fletcher6490 said:
Personally I like tricep pulldown's and one arm tricep pulldowns. Actually, I have never done cg bench or skull crushers. I feel as though my tri's are pretty well built, so I stick to what has been working for me.

Hey Fletch, if you wanna get to your goal of 17'' arms quicker you'll try a bigger compound movement like CG, dips, or overheads.

It certainly can't hurt to try, right?

Skullcrushers for me, along with heavy benching. I dislike CG benching, dips are my 2nd choice

dips if done right, if wrong they killl my elbows. cg grip I nver really know how to grip it (close). but it feels good still.

J

largepkg said:
Hey Fletch, if you wanna get to your goal of 17'' arms quicker you'll try a bigger compound movement like CG, dips, or overheads.

It certainly can't hurt to try, right?

Very true. I don't like trying new excercises, due to the fact that I'm not sure about the form. CG bench does look like fun though, I suppose I'll try em out. I do dips though, just not weighted.

Back