• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Whats the proper way to spot someone ?

Super Hulk

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i was spotiong someone on bench once and on the last rep i barely (lol) gave resistance like 2 pounds worth. The guy gave me an attitude like i was trying to kill him.:D thats the way i like to be spotted with barely enough help.

First ask the guy how he wants to be spot .. and how many reps he is aiming for

Say for Bench, if he wants you to pull up the bar immediately if he is near failure on the last rep, then pull it up.

Most of the time, i will just lightly put my fingers under it and pull it up a little so he can continue to push hard and get that last rep

shiznit2169 said:
First ask the guy how he wants to be spot .. and how many reps he is aiming for

Say for Bench, if he wants you to pull up the bar immediately if he is near failure on the last rep, then pull it up.

Most of the time, i will just lightly put my fingers under it and pull it up a little so he can continue to push hard and get that last rep
thats how my dad spotts me when he does

It depends on the individual I personally only want help when I've obviously stalled on a rep. I hate it to when guys start helping even though you still have momemtum going on a rep, which is one of the reasons I'm super picky on who spots me.

People at my gym like to touch the bar. Soon as it goes down they touch it. If I say don't touch it till it falls on me, they still will touch it.

I dont even like having someone put their hands near the bar or any sudden moves unless I'm stalled for a full second, or I say "help." In other words I want someone who can read me a bit, but I can certainly speak and ask for help if needed even if the bar is parked on my chest (and it would be pretty obvious I need help before that point).

So training with someone for awhile, and some communication as well as someone who is attentive really helps. I absolutely DO NOT want someone who yanks the bar up, that got me injured before and I am fine with a single forced rep.

I trained with a woman for over a year and she became my perfect spotter.

I remember I was doing db bench and some kid I know just comes up when I was on my last two reps. I said I was fine as I was pressing, and he just kept helping. I was pissed because I knew I had them and he made it so it wasn't legit. I didn't even ask the friggin kid for a spot.

fufu said:
I remember I was doing db bench and some kid I know just comes up when I was on my last two reps. I said I was fine as I was pressing, and he just kept helping. I was pissed because I knew I had them and he made it so it wasn't legit. I didn't even ask the friggin kid for a spot.
I hate shit like this. You should've beat his ass on the spot and taught him a lesson.:thumb:

LexusGS said:
I hate shit like this. You should've beat his ass on the spot and taught him a lesson.:thumb:

mmmhmm.
He is a part of what I like to call "The get big crew". A bunch of kids from my old high school who only train arms/chest/shoulders.

I remember one kid asked me what I take to "get big" and I replied, "food". I was like, "wug about j00z?!" and he replied, "Gainer 2300". Or something like that. I then continued to strip him of his clothes and force him to do 100 barbell curls with a half ROM.

IML Gear Cream!
Step #1: Stand above the person you are spotting so your teabag is firmly pressed against their face.

Step #2: When person is struggling with weight, either:

A. Grip the bar and pull it up as hard as you can and re-rack it for them, or

B. Let them get it, even if it drops on their chest, no pain no gain.

BigDyl said:
Step #1: Stand above the person you are spotting so your teabag is firmly pressed against their face.

Step #2: When person is struggling with weight, either:

A. Grip the bar and pull it up as hard as you can and re-rack it for them, or

B. Let them get it, even if it drops on their chest, no pain no gain.

sound advice for the savvy weightlifter.

Back