Should the Minimum Wage be Higher?

View Poll Results: Should the Minimum Wage be Higher?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 15$ an hour

4 16.00%
  • Yes, 10$ an hour

4 16.00%
  • Yes, 7.50$ an hour

2 8.00%
  • No, it should be the same

9 36.00%
  • No, should be lower

6 24.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Should the Minimum Wage be Higher?

Discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.

Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

Rep Points

No, it just causes the price of shit to go up. Dirtbags may make more money, but everything costs more and the people who are not at minimum wage make exactly the same.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

it should be lowered
    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    I will not kill innocents.

IDIOT SAVANT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by topolo
    it should be lowered
    Here, here!!!
    Rules? You mean we have RULES for that???

Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ALBOB
    Here, here!!!

True Story, actually I think people should have to work for free. Slave Labor.
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.

Total ownage.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl
    Slaves aren't free. Back in the day they costed quite a few dollars. Can you imagine how much one would cost now? I bet that you couldn't even use the depreciation tax break.

War Eagle
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Agree 100%, WTF is wrong with people wanting more money, greedy fuckers.
    Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
    -George S. Patton-

Esprit de Corps
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Should be another option....

Minimum Wage should be abolished. Let the free market determine your salary
    NEVER write a check with your mouth that you can't cash with your ASS!!

I can run faster mad than you can scared

"All right brain... I don't like you and you don't like me. So let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer" ~ Homer Simpson

IDIOT SAVANT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Witmaster
    Should be another option....

Minimum Wage should be abolished. Let the free market determine your salary
    Gee, you mean EARN your paycheck? That concept would never work.

Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Gee, you mean EARN your paycheck? That concept would never work.

True Story, because higher ups who have nothing to do all day, deserve a huge paycheck, while people who bust their ass and have credentials don't deserve crap.

Total ownage.

IDIOT SAVANT

Rep Points

True Story, because higher ups who have nothing to do all day, deserve a huge paycheck, while people who bust their ass and have credentials don't deserve crap.
    Works for me.

Mel Brooks said it best, "It's good to be the King."

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DOMS
    Slaves aren't free. Back in the day they costed quite a few dollars. Can you imagine how much one would cost now? I bet that you couldn't even use the depreciation tax break.
    Slavery cost much more than the minimum wage labor does today....in fact way more. The people who own us now have it better than ever.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

IDIOT SAVANT

Rep Points

The people who own us now have it better than ever.
    That's right beeeeyotch. Now get your ass back in the closet and finish polishing my boots.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Slavery cost much more than the minimum wage labor does today....in fact way more. The people who own us now have it better than ever.

I agree I own you and it is great.
    I will not kill innocents.

IDIOT SAVANT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by topolo
    I agree I own you and it is great.

Not really. He's a pain in the ass. Not much good except for shoveling shit.

Rep Points

That's right beeeeyotch. Now get your ass back in the closet and finish polishing my boots.

Yesum maser
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

10 bucks isn't bad. 15 could be a little high. Then everyone who makes more could have their payscale adujusted accordingly. So everyone gets a 5 dollar an hour raise or a equal percentage if they are salaried.

Total ownage.

Rep Points

10 bucks isn't bad. 15 could be a little high. Then everyone who makes more could have their payscale adujusted accordingly. So everyone gets a 5 dollar an hour raise or a equal percentage if they are salaried.
    Now you will get the disgusting Republican rant: It's not fair to cut my $50 an hour job ( ie. 100,000+ a year) to $45 an hour just so some poor family can afford health care or food....not fair!!! not fair!!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Now you will get the disgusting Republican rant: It's not fair to cut my $50 an hour job ( ie. 100,000+ a year) to $45 an hour just so some poor family can afford health care or food....not fair!!! not fair!!

True Story, but they don't have to lose money, they would get a 5 dollar raise.

Total ownage.

Rep Points

The money will come from a raise in the cost of goods and services, not from someone else's salary. So rather than not being able to afford a $2 loaf of bread at a $5 an hour wage, they won't be able to afford a $6 loaf of bread at a $10/hr wage.

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Rep Points

True Story, but they don't have to lose money, they would get a 5 dollar raise.
    When they raise the minimum wage, people not below the new minimum wage don't get raises, son.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Mabry
    The money will come from a raise in the cost of goods and services, not from someone else's salary. So rather than not being able to afford a $2 loaf of bread at a $5 an hour wage, they won't be able to afford a $6 loaf of bread at a $10/hr wage.
    Very true and more proof that this PLUTOCRACY is a joke and needs to be changed.
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

I definitely think it should go up. Actually, I think minimum wage should be based on the cost of living and determined regionally. I know, it would cost money to create an organization to dictate, maintain, and enforce the rules, but it does seem to make more sense. 5.15 an hour is retarded though. Minimum wage should be raised in conjunction with inflation at least.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

Very true and more proof that this PLUTOCRACY is a joke and needs to be changed.
    All government are plutocracys. Even "communist" governments, which don't actually exist.

1RM Videos

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CowPimp
    All government are plutocracys. Even "communist" governments, which don't actually exist.
    I agree and that is why I say they all are shit.
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Rep Points

I think if you seek a job that requires the bare minimum amount of work, you should get the bare minimum amount of money. You can raise the minimum wage to $10 and hour, but people making $15 an hour will not see an increase, the companies are worried about the bottom line and you can't pay everyone $5 more an hour, it ain't gonna happen. Then, they charge more for shit. So, in essence, when you raise the minimum wage, you don't bring the poor up to the middle class, you shift the middle class down closer to the lower class and create a further divide between the middle and upper class.

You also de-value your education because their are people with GEDs cleaning shitters and making $1 an hour less than you with no debt from college.

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

I think if you seek a job that requires the bare minimum amount of work, you should get the bare minimum amount of money. You can raise the minimum wage to $10 and hour, but people making $15 an hour will not see an increase, the companies are worried about the bottom line and you can't pay everyone $5 more an hour, it ain't gonna happen. Then, they charge more for shit. So, in essence, when you raise the minimum wage, you don't bring the poor up to the middle class, you shift the middle class down closer to the lower class and create a further divide between the middle and upper class.

You also de-value your education because their are people with GEDs cleaning shitters and making $1 an hour less than you with no debt from college.
    That's all speculation. I think it would drive other wages up, to a certain point. Also, who says all minmum wage jobs don't require you to do anything? A lot of them involve food service, which can be hectic, although not necessarily incredibly mentally demanding in the same respect that white collar jobs are.

1RM Videos

Rep Points

That's all speculation. I think it would drive other wages up, to a certain point. Also, who says all minmum wage jobs don't require you to do anything? A lot of them involve food service, which can be hectic, although not necessarily incredibly mentally demanding in the same respect that white collar jobs are.
    Think of it this way...Say you work for a company that pays some employees minimum wage. If they are paying minimum wage, they are worried about the bottom line. Do you really think they will want to give the less skilled employees $5 more an hour AND the other people? Imagine a company of 100 people, $5 an hour to every employee is $20,000 a week. Now, if they were too cheap to pay more than $5.15 an hour before, don't you think they would be apprehensive about a $5 an hour raise across the board. You could say maybe they would give raises, but just smaller ones...But, if you double the minimum wage and give someone making $15 an hour a $1 an hour raise, that hurts the middle class, it doesn't help the lower class.

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

Think of it this way...Say you work for a company that pays some employees minimum wage. If they are paying minimum wage, they are worried about the bottom line. Do you really think they will want to give the less skilled employees $5 more an hour AND the other people? Imagine a company of 100 people, $5 an hour to every employee is $20,000 a week. Now, if they were too cheap to pay more than $5.15 an hour before, don't you think they would be apprehensive about a $5 an hour raise across the board. You could say maybe they would give raises, but just smaller ones...But, if you double the minimum wage and give someone making $15 an hour a $1 an hour raise, that hurts the middle class, it doesn't help the lower class.
    I'm not necessarily suggesting the minimum wage be raised to $10 an hour. I do think that might be warranted in some regions, but $7 an hour is reasonable in my opinion.

I also think that wages should be tied in to company profits to some degree. I think it's disgusting when a company makes billions annually, yet they have employees making shit wages (Like Wal-Mart for example). They CAN afford to raise these people's wages and still be filthy ass rich. This is what I want to see stopped.

1RM Videos

Rep Points

I also think that wages should be tied in to company profits to some degree. I think it's disgusting when a company makes billions annually, yet they have employees making shit wages (Like Wal-Mart for example). They CAN afford to raise these people's wages and still be filthy ass rich. This is what I want to see stopped.
    I completely agree with this, profit sharing should be required in most big business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast