Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Help with diet for 115 pound female trying to lose 1-2 pounds a week

Rep Points

Help with diet for 115 pound female trying to lose 1-2 pounds a week

A girl I know is trying to lose 1-2 pounds a week and get down from 115 to 108 in the next month to 2 months. I was wondering how many calories she should eat a day and what ratios she should follow. She eats very low calories some days as low as 800-1000 and I feel like she may be able to do better if she increased that a little to help her metabolism stay faster. Any help on a diet would be great. Thank-you.

Dream Brother

Rep Points

She's 115 pounds and she wants to lose more?
    Maybe its not my place to say, but isnt that really small anyway? Surely she doesn't want to look like Nicole Ritchie or something...
    Currently cutting (Bulk soon): Lost 43 kilos (94.6 lb) since March of 2005. Current BF%: ~12.5 - 14%

Rep Points

Although it doesnt sound like losing weight is a good idea, she should cut at about 1400 calories. If her metabolism is too slow for that, then she should start there anyway, and exercise more until her metabolism works its way up to the point where 1400 calories provides for a moderate calories deficit. For general health reasons, she should work on getting her metabolism up. Her ratios of foods isnt too much of a big deal, but i suggest she eat 70-80 g protein (for musclular health as well as the low calorie density to keep her full and satisfied) 20-35 grams of quality fats and fill out the rest with quality sources of carbs (for energy and state of mind) like fruits and veggies. Women love salads. If she has a salad a day with some chicken on it, and maybe small turkey sandwiches, milk, apples, and stuff like that, she wont have a problem. It's not so much the macros as it is the calories. Since she's not a guy trying to add lots of muscle, the breakdown isnt all that important. I also hope she does some type of resistence training, considering she's already pretty small, she could use some quality muscle tissue to help with that metabolism up. Hope that helps.