• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Gym Machines

sarahann727

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
OK.. Im tryin to lose about 20-25 (ASAP, healthy of course) pounds so you can actually see those nice muscles ive been workin on!:lifter: So.. Im wondering a couple things

Which machine is the best for fat loss? There is an elliptical made by stairmaster, it says i burn about 350 cal per hour. Then there is an elliptical type machine called an Arc Trainer it says i burn about 900 cal in a hour! Why so different?

:hmmm: Can I really trust the calorie counter the machine has?

Also Im losing weight everywhere but my tummy! everything is slimming down and Im starting to look 2-3 months pregnant! Is it just my genes and nuthin I can do, gotta lose everywhere else then my tummy will slim down? Please tell me it isnt so!

Finally- I have about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to spend in the gym per day.. some people say thats too long.. But hey the movie stars do it and people always say "If i had 2-3 hours a day to spend in the gym I would look like that too!" Well i have 2 hours to spend.. what exercises should i do to take advantage of that time.. (not that i am ever gonna look like a movie star in my 5 foot frame):sob:

sarahann727 said:
OK.. Im tryin to lose about 20-25 (ASAP, healthy of course) pounds so you can actually see those nice muscles ive been workin on!:lifter: So.. Im wondering a couple things
if you're doing this in a healthy manner you will lose between 1-2 lbs per week.

Which machine is the best for fat loss? There is an elliptical made by stairmaster, it says i burn about 350 cal per hour. Then there is an elliptical type machine called an Arc Trainer it says i burn about 900 cal in a hour! Why so different?
no machines are the best for fat loss. lifting heavy and eating correctly (read: the right foods as well as the correct number of calories for your goals) are what will get you on the road to fat loss. a few cardio sessions a week at 30-40 minutes a pop is plenty to aid in the process. diet is the key to lowering your bf%.

:hmmm: Can I really trust the calorie counter the machine has?
nope. they drastically overestimate.

Also Im losing weight everywhere but my tummy! everything is slimming down and Im starting to look 2-3 months pregnant! Is it just my genes and nuthin I can do, gotta lose everywhere else then my tummy will slim down? Please tell me it isnt so!
it's your diet.

Finally- I have about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to spend in the gym per day.. some people say thats too long.. But hey the movie stars do it and people always say "If i had 2-3 hours a day to spend in the gym I would look like that too!" Well i have 2 hours to spend.. what exercises should i do to take advantage of that time.. (not that i am ever gonna look like a movie star in my 5 foot frame):sob:
you only need an hour give or take. check out the stickies (both training and nutrition). my personal opinion is that you should be implementing a full body split 3x per week (one compound exercise per major muscle group) and a few days of cardio. that's it. 2-3 hours in a gym is not only unnecessary but in most cases, counterproductive.

welcome to IM :).

The13ig13adWolf is right on the money. :thumb:

The13ig13adWolf said:
it's your diet.

how is it his/her diet that detrmines what fat is burnt and what stays? :confused:

MyK said:
how is it his/her diet that detrmines what fat is burnt and what stays? :confused:
diet is a key determining factor as to how much fat a person is toting around with them. midsection is predominantly the last place people lose fat. why is it, do you think, more people don't have visible abs???? because most people's diets suck.

The13ig13adWolf said:
diet is a key determining factor as to how much fat a person is toting around with them. midsection is predominantly the last place people lose fat. why is it, do you think, more people don't have visible abs???? because most people's diets suck.

ok, I thought that you were saying that his diet is determining where(his stomach) he stores his food! nevermind! :)

Back