• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

'South Park' aims at censors, hits Bush, Jesus

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Show gets back at Comedy Central for restrictions.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Banned by Comedy Central from showing an image of the Islamic prophet Mohammed, the creators of "South Park" skewered their own network for hypocrisy in the cartoon's most recent episode.
The comedy -- in an episode aired during Holy Week for Christians -- instead featured an image of Jesus Christ defecating on President Bush and the American flag.
In an elaborately constructed two-part episode of their Peabody Award-winning cartoon, "South Park" creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker intended to comment on the controversy created by a Danish newspaper's publishing of caricatures of Mohammed. Muslims consider any physical representation of their prophet to be blasphemous.
When the cartoons were reprinted in newspapers worldwide in January and February, it sparked a wave of protests primarily in Islamic countries.
Parker and Stone were angered when told by Comedy Central several weeks ago that they could not run an image of Mohammed, according to a person close to the show who didn't want to be identified because of the issue's sensitivity.
The network's decision was made over concerns for public safety, the person said.
Comedy Central said in a statement issued Thursday: "In light of recent world events, we feel we made the right decision." Its executives would not comment further.
As is often the case with Parker and Stone, they built "South Park" around the incident. In Wednesday's episode, the character Kyle is shown trying to persuade a Fox network executive to air an uncensored "Family Guy" even though it had an image of Mohammed.
"Either it's all OK, or none of it is," Kyle said. "Do the right thing."
The executive decides to strike a blow for free speech and agrees to show it. But at the point where Mohammed is to be seen, the screen is filled with the message: "Comedy Central has refused to broadcast an image of Mohammed on their network."
It is followed shortly by the images of Christ, Bush and the flag.
A frequent "South Park" critic, William Donohue of the anti-defamation group Catholic League, called on Parker and Stone to resign out of principle for being censored.
"The ultimate hypocrite is not Comedy Central -- that's their decision not to show the image of Mohammed or not -- it's Parker and Stone," he said. "Like little whores, they'll sit there and grab the bucks. They'll sit there and they'll whine and they'll take their shot at Jesus. That's their stock in trade."
Parker and Stone did not immediately respond to a request through a spokesman for comment.
It's the second run-in over religion in a few months for the satirists. Comedy Central pulled a March rerun of a "South Park" episode that mocked Scientologists. Isaac Hayes, a Scientologist who voiced the Chef character on the show, resigned in protest over the episode.
"South Park" again got the last word last month with an episode where Chef was seemingly killed and mourned as a jolly guy whose brains were scrambled by the "Super Adventure Club," which turns its members into pedophiles.
Only last week, "South Park" won broadcasting's prestigious Peabody. Awards director Horace Newcomb said at the time that by its offensiveness, the show "reminds us of the need for being tolerant."

Hahaha that is great. I love South Park. I keke-ed so hard when everyone was crapping on eachother. I also love the fact that they made fun of Family Guy because that show is a peice of shit and I've never laughed once from watching it.

I've seen that episode - it makes some really good points. It clearly states that it is Muslims who aren't allowed to display Mohammed, not the rest of us.

It's crazy that we live in civilisation where it's ok to mock all religions except Islam for fear of revenge by the Muslim extremists. Now that is terrorism.

mrmark said:
I've seen that episode - it makes some really good points. It clearly states that it is Muslims who aren't allowed to display Mohammed, not the rest of us.

It's crazy that we live in civilisation where it's ok to mock all religions except Islam for fear of revenge by the Muslim extremists. Now that is terrorism.

It is kind of scarey because it is very true.

You can see the episode here
http://www.awesomo.net/

It's realy worth watching. The points it makes regarding satire and religion (Islam) are depressingly true.

fufu said:
Hahaha that is great. I love South Park. I keke-ed so hard when everyone was crapping on eachother.

That made me :rofl: as well... I caught a re-run a couple days later near the ending, and saw it again and laughed just as hard... I don't know why it was so funny.

Seanp156 said:
That made me :rofl: as well... I caught a re-run a couple days later near the ending, and saw it again and laughed just as hard... I don't know why it was so funny.

Yeah normally I'd think it was stupid but they way they did it was so funny.

mrmark said:

Sir Mr Mark. We really cannot exclusively blame the 'Muslim extremists' for 'terrorism', when certain 'Western' countries have been running riot in Iraq and Afghanistan(and before then). Probably the the prime example of a "terrorist state" at the minute might be possibly considered the USA(with Blairs Britain tagging along). The manic plans of this 'country' (ie Bush and other close cronies and supporters) which now obviously include the bombing of Iran, rank alongside the actions of Nazi Germany. And as back then, the majority of the 'volk'(people) follow the leaders like sheep. It's a bleak outlook at the minute.

halfdance4yn.gif

word.

IML Gear Cream!
Nick+ said:
Sir Mr Mark. We really cannot exclusively blame the 'Muslim extremists' for 'terrorism', when certain 'Western' countries have been running riot in Iraq and Afghanistan(and before then). Probably the the prime example of a "terrorist state" at the minute might be possibly considered the USA(with Blairs Britain tagging along). The manic plans of this 'country' (ie Bush and other close cronies and supporters) which now obviously include the bombing of Iran, rank alongside the actions of Nazi Germany. And as back then, the majority of the 'volk'(people) follow the leaders like sheep. It's a bleak outlook at the minute.

I agree with you that the situation in Iraq is a mess but I want to mention a few things.

1st: Although the situation is bad now, Saddam is out of power and as any research will reveal, he was a horrid dictator.

2nd: When the Danish printed the cartoon, was the response a fair 1 by the 'extremists'? Bear in mind that anti-west/jew cartoons are published all the time in the middle-east.

3rd: The terrorism by the muslim extremists started with 9/11, which was BEFORE iraq, so without sounding childish, they started it.

4th: Where were all the Muslim based countries support during non-capitalist traumas eg... hurricane katrina, the monsoon in the far east (i forget the name), and finally, the condemnation of the terrorist attacks.

5th: You can call me just 'Mark'

Nick+ said:
the bombing of Iran, rank alongside the actions of Nazi Germany. .

Oh, 1 last thing - Iran have openly said they want to wipe israel off the Earth. They are openly antagonistic and are developing nuclear arms because they can, not because they need to.

I don't know how anyone could compare what we are doing compared to what Nazi Germany did. You may want to read a history book or two. The Nazi's killed 6 million Jews and forced the rest of the countries they dominated to join thier army or die. We are going into other countries at our(taxpayer's) expense and getting rid of ruthless dictators(who if had the oppurtunity would probably do the exact same thing to Jews and Westerners as Hitler did) and then setting their people up with a democratic gov't.

You my friend are a moron and should be taken out and shot in a public square.

As for the cartoon, I say Comedy Central is a bunch of little bitches. We have our 1st Amendment rights for a reason. There is no doubt that "big brother" had something to do with this one. If it were up to me I would show that episode everyday. Let these fucking a-rabs riot and throw their weak threats at us. They haven't done shit since 9/11 and probably won't have the ability again with tightened security that we now have. We need to stop letting these people into our country.

-J

thefutureisnow said:
I don't know how anyone could compare what we are doing compared to what Nazi Germany did. You may want to read a history book or two. The Nazi's killed 6 million Jews and forced the rest of the countries they dominated to join thier army or die. We are going into other countries at our(taxpayer's) expense and getting rid of ruthless dictators (Pssstt....guess what country put them there)(who if had the oppurtunity would probably do the exact same thing to Jews and Westerners as Hitler did) and then setting their people up with a democratic gov't.

You my friend are a moron and should be taken out and shot in a public square.

As for the cartoon, I say Comedy Central is a bunch of little bitches. We have our 1st Amendment rights for a reason. There is no doubt that "big brother" had something to do with this one. If it were up to me I would show that episode everyday. Let these fucking a-rabs riot and throw their weak threats at us. They haven't done shit since 9/11 and probably won't have the ability again with tightened security that we now have. We need to stop letting these people into our country.

-J

Tightened security my ass, I am a sub-contractor for City, Federal and State agencies and I get to see how "tight" it really is.
If we had a smarter enemy we'd be fucked.

fufu said:
Hahaha that is great. I love South Park. I keke-ed so hard when everyone was crapping on eachother. I also love the fact that they made fun of Family Guy because that show is a peice of shit and I've never laughed once from watching it.

Are you kidding??? Family Guy is hilarious.
Much funnier than south park. Don't get me wrong, I've watched south park since it first aired, but it gets old fast and the jokes are always the same.

Family guy is spectacular, and I'm sure most would agree.

lol omg what is this world coming too :) i love it

myCATpowerlifts said:
Are you kidding??? Family Guy is hilarious.
Much funnier than south park. Don't get me wrong, I've watched south park since it first aired, but it gets old fast and the jokes are always the same.

Family guy is spectacular, and I'm sure most would agree.

I just can't find it funny. Every single one of my friends loves it. They all think I must love it too. I think it blows. That's why I found this South Park episode so funny. I can't really think of one person I know who doesn't like it.

I liked the episode of South Park, and am disturbed by the fact that it was censored. I'm not sure why they threw Jesus into it all, unless just to say "Look, we'll show Jesus defecating on our country and it's leader, but we can't show Mohammed giving a fictional character a salmon sandwich!"- yet another example of the hyporcrisy of the situation. Easily, and I don't think that Trey and Parker would deny it either, the attempt to show the image was simply out of the sake of being able to do it (read by some as: being offensive for the sake of being offensive).

but all in all this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. We've been faced with this issue forever. I don't think it's gotten any worse than before, and I doubt it will get any worse.

furthermore it's not the US goverment censoring anyone in this case, it's Comedy Central- who does have the right to choose- that doesn't want to take the chance to show it

Last edited:
BushFrown2.gif

We won't let Muslim Extremists terrorize this country but we will let them scare us into not allowing free speech. Now scare and terrorize are 2 different words, heh heh heh.

bush.gif

IML Gear Cream!
mrmark said:
I agree with you that the situation in Iraq is a mess but I want to mention a few things.

1st: Although the situation is bad now, Saddam is out of power and as any research will reveal, he was a horrid dictator.

2nd: When the Danish printed the cartoon, was the response a fair 1 by the 'extremists'? Bear in mind that anti-west/jew cartoons are published all the time in the middle-east.

3rd: The terrorism by the muslim extremists started with 9/11, which was BEFORE iraq, so without sounding childish, they started it.

4th: Where were all the Muslim based countries support during non-capitalist traumas eg... hurricane katrina, the monsoon in the far east (i forget the name), and finally, the condemnation of the terrorist attacks.

5th: You can call me just 'Mark'

crazy muslims have been bombing each other and others as well wayyyy before 9/11.

Sometimes, I think that its engrained in Islam:(.

lnvanry - I agree. Remember when they bombed the Israelies (Munich). This was to point out to Nick+ that they were acting crazy before Iraq.

It'll be interesting to see what political situation the world will be in in 30 years.

Nick+ said:

You're a sick twisted individual, and it's people like you who enable and empower the perverted terrorists to kill more innocent people.

brogers said:
You're a sick twisted individual, and it's people like you who enable and empower the perverted terrorists to kill more innocent people.

You're a terrorist. :rolleyes:

Back