• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

High Dose - Long Term Dbol

Tough Old Man

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
From another site

There's loads of articles on the internet about Dbol, it's usage, it's side effects and it's benefits in terms of bodybuilding.

The few points that stick out is that it undoubtedely works, but you'll lose most of the gains - somewhere around 70% - once you come off.

The consensus is that one should not take more than 30mg at any one time, and if you're going to go high dose you should spread it out at least 3 times a day (i.e., Big Heinz hits it up at 90mg a day sometimes!)

As well, the liver toxicity has been discussed numerous times.

Finally, there seems to be a notion that dbol will cause severe bloat if taken in too high a dose all at once.

Well, I know one person who has been on long term dbol (going on 4 years now) and has upped the dose gradually from one 5mg dose a day in the morning to 25 - 30 mg a day in the past 3 months - one dose, upon waking up. He's not bloated, he's muscular, has very little acne (gets a pimple every now and then but nothing severe like bacne or shoulders) and he allegedly feels great.

Now I can't say for sure if he's only stuck with dbol. The guy does train heavy and like a monster - 700 pound deadlifts, 405 incline bench presses, 500 pound squats - all for reps. He's been very consistent, no health problems whatsoever, and just says he feels great. My gains on sust have been good, but I'm not pushing those types of weights at all.

He also supplements with 500mg of milk thistle every day, so he seems to have that part of the liver equation covered as well.

My question is - all of those negative side effects - the bloating, severe acne, liver damage - is it all a bunch of bullshit? Can anyone point to any sliver of evidence that Dbol, taken in high doses for long periods of time - does anything more than give a guy a shitload of strength, and if eating enough calories, a shitload of muscle and bulk??

Could it really be that testosterone itself - it's various esters such as Enanthate, Cypionate, and Sustanon-type blends - are the real culprits when it comes to health issues? It's shown that Test will shut down your hpta rather quickly, cause an increase in bloodpressure, a decrease in HDL and increase in LDL, and cause water bloating (i've seen it happen many times). Could the base of testosterone be the real problem and not the anabolic derivatives that cause the issues?

There has been some anecdotal evidence that large amounts of dbol is HARMLESS. There's posts by an infamous "BodyByBob" on some message boards where he states a former Mr. America has used dbol for years on end and even still uses it now with absolutely no problems. There's others who post that Dbol gave them nothing but incredible strength - and they maintained most of the gains. There's some stories about 70's bodybuilders popping dbols all day like candy and never reporting any sides.

This is completely opposite of what's discussed on the net. And I've tried my best to search for people who have had severe problems from taking long term dbol, and came up empty. All I've found is people directing users to NOT use DBOL alone, that it wont help them, and it's silly to use it. But I couldn't find the evidence that says taking DBOL alone will hurt you in any form. Quite the opposite - that's it's very beneficial and effective on its own.

So can anyone point me to where I can find actual evidence showing that dbol does anything more to a healthy adult male other than give him incredible strength, incredible muscle gain and a feeling of well being? And I'm not looking for scientific studies, I've read alot of them. I need actual examples of people suffering negative side effects which were irreversible on a sustained cycle of DBOL only for years and the negative consequences thereof.

mattd46612 said:
cant believe theres no opinions on this.
My opinion is 90% of all people using steroids only need test. And only 1% need to use dangerous orals like D-bol, Anadrol, Haloteston ect.

Liver toxicity from oral drugs is well documented. Some people handle it better than others though, without a doubt.

musclepump said:
Liver toxicity from oral drugs is well documented. Some people handle it better than others though, without a doubt.

Agreed, same goes for alcoholism and smoking. A friend of a friend just lost a cousin a few months back from cirrhosis of the liver, he would regularly have 2 and sometimes 3 beers a day and he was only in his 20s. Some people can't take it (fatty livers, etc).

Mudge said:
Agreed, same goes for alcoholism and smoking. A friend of a friend just lost a cousin a few months back from cirrhosis of the liver, he would regularly have 2 and sometimes 3 beers a day and he was only in his 20s. Some people can't take it (fatty livers, etc).

Exactly. And then there are people like my fuck-up for a biological father who can drink a rack a day and, unfortunately, live to see the next.

Back