• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Soreness

TBAR

Finally back in the gym..
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know a guy at the gym who hasn't been training more than a few months. He told me what he was doing for chest and that he never gets sore. I pushed him Friday night to the point where I know I would have been sore the next day, and he just told me that he never did get sore. The only thing he takes is one protein shake a day, so I know that's not it. He's tall and very skinny. Is it genetics or what? Just because he doesn't get sore doesn't necessarily mean that he's not lifting properly or hard enough does it?

everytime i know i had a great chest workout i get sore the next day, some of my other muscles though such as biceps never get sore, every time i try a new exercise i get sore- hes prolly not lifting hard enough- but im not sure
let him do acouple of dumbbell chest flies- im almost positive he'll get sore, every exercise that really stretches you at the bottom, always gets me sore such as db flyes and dips

I had him do 3 sets on flat and incline DB flies!! He still didn't get sore! I agree with you that certain parts don't get sore, but I've been doing this alot longer than a few months. I can remember how sore I got when I first got back into lifting. I'm gonna have him do DB's this week instead of the bar, so we'll see what happens. He has never done DB's!!!

than he must not be training hard enough, especially since he just started lifting make sure hes giving 100% effort, i been training for about a year and i still get sore..

That's what is crazy about it. I was there during his chest workout Friday and it seemed like he was pushing himself fairly hard! That's why I don't understand it. This guy is like 32 or 33 years old also! It's not like he's 18 and can heal in 5 minutes?!?!

DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) in no way indicates a productive workout. Some people lift with the intention of getting sore. Some lift with the intention of actually progressing. I choose progression. Record your workouts and look at the numbers. Are you moving up in weight, reps, sets, or gaining size or bodyweight? If you're accomplishing your goal, who cares if you get sore? I certainly don't. For example, I never get sore with my workouts. They're at such a low volume that it doesn't cause my muscles to get sore. Yet I push myself harder than 99% of people who lift to get sore. I lift heavy and hard and I don't do many reps. I can't do many reps. But I'm getting stronger with each and every workout. So, do I care if my muscles are sore the next day? Do I particularly want to have the inability to walk for the next 72 hours? Sorry, but that doesn't really appeal to me. I'd rather keep piling on the plates for the exercises that matter. Of course, everyone's entitled to his/her own opinion, so do whatever you like.

Oh, and just so you know, I'm not 'arguing' or 'yelling' in any way; this is just me laying out the facts.

Yeah being sore has nothing to do with how good your workout is. The muscles my upper back rarely get sore and my numbers are going and so is my size. As long as you are progressing you are doing something right.

I agree 100% with both of you. I just can't believe that this guy doesn't get sore since he hasn't been lifting very long! Other than legs days, I usually don't get sore either. I don't think that pushing yourself to that point that you can't move the next day is doing your muscle much good. He hasn't been getting any stronger, so I printed off Cowpimp workouts and some of Jodi's diets, so we'll see what happens next!!

TBAR said:
I agree 100% with both of you. I just can't believe that this guy doesn't get sore since he hasn't been lifting very long! Other than legs days, I usually don't get sore either. I don't think that pushing yourself to that point that you can't move the next day is doing your muscle much good. He hasn't been getting any stronger, so I printed off Cowpimp workouts and some of Jodi's diets, so we'll see what happens next!!

sounds good.

Back