• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

what exercises do u think should be in a workout?

kenwood

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
what exercises do u think must be in a workout? name em

Squats, Deadlifts, Bench.

i think:
1. squats( front and back)
2. deadlifts(sumo and conventional)
3. flat barbell bench
4. incline barbell bench
5. bent over rows
6. high pulls
7. clean and press
8. stiff deads
9. lunges
10. close grip bench press
11. pullups
12. military press
13. dips
14. stepups
15. barbell curls

not all of them exercises....only a few of em(all of em in 1 workout would be insane!!)

Power snatches, deadlifts (sumo + conv), farmers walks (one + two handed), face pulls (supinated + pronated), bottom squats (back + front), DB benches, plate pinches, bag drags, plate walks, bag work, car pushing, SLDLs, DB standing military presses, mobility work. That should pretty much cover it, yeah.

uh....okayy.....um any necessary exercises should be put in a work out...do we really have to name them all...

It largely depends on what the person's goals are and what they are capable of. For example, someone looking to improve their general health, lose body fat, and marginally increase their upper body strength has no need to perform cleans of any kind. Would it help them? Certainly, but there is no point in trying to teach someone such technical moves if they are completely unnecessary to achieve their goals.

Furthermore, a lot of the big basic compound lifts that I love so much, such as back squats, are contradicted in people for a number of reasons: they have low back problems, knee problems, their flexibility sucks in their hamstrings, their ankle flexibility sucks, etc. I will get them squatting if there is a way (There usually is; we can correct some of the aforementioned problems a lot of times), but I don't fret if it's not a possibility because it just isn't necessary for some people.

To sum it up though: multi-joint/compund freeweight or bodyweight exercises reign supreme. Also, the more I read, the more it appears that stabilization work is highly beneficial to a wide variety of people. In particular, those who are new to resistance training and lack motor coordination, sufficient strength for many of the big compound movements that stress the core to a large degree, or suffer from postural deficiencies potentially leading to low back pain are prime targets for this type of training.

I would agree with Cowpimp that the exercises you choose should relate to your own personal goals and take into consideration any injuries (former or present) that you may have and how suited the movement is to your current flexibility. Also, how a person lifts (how good is their form?) is as important as what exercises they choose. You can get results doing most any routine if you understand and listen to how your own body is responding to each particular movement. For some that will mean focusing on on large compound movements like squats, deadlifts, rows, standing overhead pressing, etc., for others it will mean using more machines (ugh!) or bodyweight movements, for the rest of us it will mean mixing things up, and changing our exercises up every 8 weeks or so to test and stimulate our bodies.

I will always love bodyweight movements because I am good at them and Beacause they seem to work for me. I have spent years learning how to do them with good form. It's fun when you are adept at moving your own weight.

Many people I feel are too dependent on gyms when all most people really need is to educate themselves on how to use their own weight as a tool.
:pissed:

Saying that, I am open to trying new things. Right now I am working out on a program that P-funk helped me create (a mostly DB and BB compound workout with a few bodyweight (+ weight) exercises thrown in for good measure). I like it a lot (thanks P-funk) and I am having a lot of success with it. :thumbs:

But I still think the only program that matters is one that feels right for YOU.
If you hate something (for eg. Incline bench press) then don't force yourself to do it because everyone says: "Damn. Incline bench press is a great chest exercise, I get great results with them." There are so many ways to hit the same muscles, so just find one that you like. Because in the end, if you don't like the exercises you are doing chances are you won't put 100% of your effort into doing them. :blah:

Back