Refeed Q -> Food choices and Quantities

Tom_B

Rep Points

Refeed Q -> Food choices and Quantities

Okay, I know for Refeed the goal is to Overfill muscle glycogen stores, and to limit liver glycogen store which is best done through starchy carbs ...
    But I know in the sticky One of the Food item Choices is Fat free, no sugar added ice - cream. I found these two products recently Here and Here and i was just wondering ... are they alright to eat during a refeed? Or is the bread and kiddie cereal going to be better at accomplishing the refeed? If they are alright, is there a set quanitity that I should consume? Should it be limitied? Cuase god knows If I'm allowed to eat these for my entire refeed without adverse effects I would I Ice-cream! hahaha
    Thanks for any replies

Nor*Cal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

They look fine. The primary concern in a refeed is maily keeping fat intake low. Watch your fruit intake too.

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

I thought the primary concern was both the quality and quanity of carbs you eat in regards to your glycogen stores...?
    Ms. O...HERE I COME! (6 years...?)

Tom_B

Rep Points

Thanks!! hahaha I'm probably gonna eat that entire tub of ice cream then LOL. I get about 5 meals that have to be 160G of carbs each.
    Ya .. becuase I mostly like kiddie ceral and stuff of like this nature with some sugar in it I usually don't eat any fruit as I'll probably get enough fructose from the overall amount of sugar.

What do you mean Jaime? .. that what I'm figuring out the quality (if these foods are alright to eat or not) and the quantitiy (if they are allowed to be eaten , is there a limit to the amount). Unless I misunderstood you?? ..

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

Lol, you explained it last night about the carbs abd fat and how you can't eat the carbs that come from fructose, but you CAN eat the ones that come from no-sugar ice cream. (AND NOT JUST YOGURT!)

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

The first I couldn't find ingredients for but I wouldn't touch the second one with a ten foot barge poll...
    Ingredients:
    skim milk, wafer [bleached wheat flour, isomalt*, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, maltitol*, caramel color, sorbitol*, corn flour, cocoa, corn starch, salt, baking soda, natural flavor, soy lecithin], maltodextrin, polydextrose, sorbitol*, cream, stabilizer [mono and diglycerides, cellulose gel, cellulose gum, carrageenan], artificial flavor, sucralose (Splenda® Brand), vitamin A palmitate, acesulfame potassium

* Sensitive individuals may experience a laxative effect from excess consumption of this ingredient.
    Not only because of the things that are in bold, but also because lactose (milk sugar) is half glucose and half galactose... so it acts similarly to sugar (sucrose - where half is fructose and half glucose).. The galactose goes primarily to liver...

It would be fine to have a little bit - but I would not make it a huge part of a re-feed...
    ~

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

OH NO! Poor Lewie!!!