• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I finished the race! WOO HOO!

GoalGetter

is still around...
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Adidas Run 4 the Parks in Central Park- 4 miles. Done.
Ran the whole thing. In the pouring rain. Up and down hills.

Finished in 38:59 (by my own timer), not sure what the official time was since I actually got to the start line after the horn blew and the clock had already been running. When I crossed the finish line it said 39:23. Regardless, that was better than the goal I set for myself (40 minutes)!

not that most of you care but i wanted to share the good news since I'm not a runner and this was kinda a big deal for me! Had to toot my own horn!:hot:

min0 lee said:
You did this in the rain? That's very impressive.:thumb:

Yep! Thank you!

It was POURING... i almost didn't go. But patrick was like, "No! You're gonna do it and your'e gonna do it. Go!":mad: :finger:

So i went. hahaha!

GoalGetter said:
It was POURING... i almost didn't go. But patrick was like, "No! You're gonna do it and your'e gonna do it. Go!":mad: :finger:

Congratulations, GG. :clapping: I take it that Patrick ran it with you so you wouldn't have to do it alone. Sort of a misery loves company thing. :lol:

Triple Threat said:
Congratulations, GG. :clapping: I take it that Patrick ran it with you so you wouldn't have to do it alone. Sort of a misery loves company thing. :lol:

Thank you!

no no... unfortunately for me, a) p doesn't like to run and b) p had to work, training our client that i usually train on sundays, so that i could skip work and go to the race!

It's been raining for 2 days straight and it's cold! What did you were for the run?

min0 lee said:
It's been raining for 2 days straight and it's cold! What did you were for the run?

Not enough! hahahaha

I wore black gym pants, the lycra kind, a blue dri-fit long sleeve shirt and a black nike yoga zip-up jacket, because the only waterproof jacket i have is not running-friendly. it is a snowboarding jacket. So i made-do with my little yoga jacket. Regardless, I could have just gone naked, because the effect was the same: i was cold and soaked head to toe by the end. I'll post a photo from before the race in a little bit.

way to go!!

Official Race Result from NY Road Runners Website

Here ya go, folks! Better than I thought:

Runner # 4021
Sex/Age: F, 30
City, STate: New York, NY
Overall Place: 2156
Gender Place: 698
Age Place: 259
Finish Time: 39:24
Net Time: 38:31
Pace/ Mile: 9:37
AG Time: 38:30
AG Gender Place: 1016
AG %: 49.9%

Last edited:
Cool, is the NYC marathon next?
Berk....I thought you were Cuban?

IML Gear Cream!
min0 lee said:
Cool, is the NYC marathon next?
Berk....I thought you were Cuban?

NYC Marathon? No way.

Actually I may run the Rock n Roll HALF marathon with Jodi next january in arizona.

Berkowitz - but yes, I am cuban. And not jewish. Long story.

:clap: I'm so proud of you, you non-runner :p

Yup, Rock N Roll Marathon in January! That one we will have to train for.

That's great time btw :)

Way to go GG. I hate running in the rain! Good for you for doing what you set out to do. :thumbup:

Does it make you want to take running more seriously? That's a very good time for being a casual runner... maybe when you and Patrick get settled in AZ you can train for another race, try and beat your time...

I don't think your link is working. :banana:

Thank you Jodi! Thanks Bakerboy!

damn - you guys really think that was a good time/pace for a non-runner?? i think its great that i beat my goal, but i thought that might be a shitty time regardless... :)

Pre-race photo

Here's a pic.

Attachments

• NYC_Run4TheParks.jpg
    NYC_Run4TheParks.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 32
Bakerboy said:
Way to go GG. I hate running in the rain! Good for you for doing what you set out to do. :thumbup:

Does it make you want to take running more seriously? That's a very good time for being a casual runner... maybe when you and Patrick get settled in AZ you can train for another race, try and beat your time...

I don't think your link is working. :banana:

Hahah i don't know about taking running "more seriously" but i guess I'm gonna have to if I'm goign to do the half-marathon with jodi!

i removed the link and typed up the results - i guess the link stops working after like 5 minutes. :shrug:

Congrats good stuff! However it is running :p :barf:

I am coming for a visit :) Does that help?

IainDaniel said:
I am coming for a visit :) Does that help?
As long as it's to watch the Yankees win......of which is not often these days. :grumble:

IML Gear Cream!
I don't care if they win :D I just am coming to see Yankee Stadium and to get blitzed

min0 lee said:
:( All of the good people are leaving NYC.

once you get released from Rikers, you should come too! :rocker:

GoalGetter said:
Actually I may run the Rock n Roll HALF marathon with Jodi next january in arizona.

Berkowitz - but yes, I am cuban. And not jewish. Long story.

I might want to play :p

I don't usually think of Cubans as being Jewish...so at least part of that makes lots of sense!

MWpro said:
Congratulations
Thank you!

ablc said:
I might want to play :p
Let's!

I don't usually think of Cubans as being Jewish...so at least part of that makes lots of sense!

Berkowitz is a jewish last name. I am not, nor is anyone is my family now or for the last four or five generations which is as far back as I've been able to trace...

Nobody really knows how we ended up with this last name. My dad's family, who could have really done a lot of the research never cared to find out... I tried a few years ago to trace. I started the whole genealogy research project for my family. I got ZERO support from anyone. Nobody was interested, so I said fuck it and dropped the project altogether. needless to say, i'm a little bitter about it because i can't believe that NOBODY but me gave a crap to know our family history.

That is odd, maybe there was a dark secret they were trying to hide.....like you may be related to David Berkowitz. :eek:

min0 lee said:
That is odd, maybe there was a dark secret they were trying to hide.....like you may be related to David Berkowitz. :eek:

It must go further back than that! hahaha! but i wouldn't be surprised! I keep thinking SOMETHING must have happened somewhere... and someone is hiding something. but it looks like i'll never know.

Congrats on running the race, kid! Way to go!

I think the family made up the name. Not a bad idea, really. How can you be Cuban with a name like that?

Haven't you heard of pulling a "Berkowitz?"

Back