• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Silent Hill...................

The Hill did it.

well, I was hoping I would've had a better explanation than "The Hill did it".... :lol:

Ian... that must've been cool. What scenes? (Of course you can't answer this if you didn't see the movie) ;)

A lot of movies are being shot in cool locations rather than major cities. Maybe that's why brokeback did so well. I bet the budget in the country was cheap. But not the actors, though!

MyK- I'd give it a great rating but I won't until someone helps me with what really happened!!

IML Gear Cream!
david said:
Ian... that must've been cool. What scenes? (Of course you can't answer this if you didn't see the movie) ;)

A lot of movies are being shot in cool locations rather than major cities. Maybe that's why brokeback did so well. I bet the budget in the country was cheap. But not the actors, though!

Yeah prolly would help if I saw it. All I know is our Downtown area is like a ghost town, and they used it for part of the shoots.

Was pretty cool too see the downtown all done up

IainDaniel said:
Yeah prolly would help if I saw it. All I know is our Downtown area is like a ghost town, and they used it for part of the shoots.

Was pretty cool too see the downtown all done up

what city?

Brantford.... Our downtown area is an old waste of a hole. 90% of the buildings are vacated

I loved the movie! It was awesome, and pretty scary! Tit had nightmares all night, and I kept waking up from the smallest creek in the walls the whole night. It was very nicely done. This is one video game I've never played though, but I read that it's extremely faithful to the games. I really wish that the Resident Evil movie had been more like this, with all the corridor shots and video gameness of it all, it was done great whether you played the games or not. Back in the Playstation days a lot of 3D games had fog to speed up the frame rate cuz the system couldn't render 3D graphics all that well, so like 10 feet in front of the character a common tactic was to put fog there. For most games (Superman 64- hah!) that was a bad thing, but for Silent Hill, where there might be a monster around the corner or just feet in front of you, this added to the spook factor and looked kinda intentional. So the fog thing has a kinda funny background. And I assume that the normal world/ monster world transition when everything went black for a few seconds used to serve as a load screen and also made it into the movie as a special effect. I really liked the little girl as the creepy monster kid, it's hard to take kid actors seriously in roles like that but she did really well, but as a normal little girl I didn't like her acting at all. It's like at the auditions they just had to act out being creepy and she nailed it, but no one bothered to ask her to recite normal lines and didn't realize she sucked at it.

anyway, now that I'm done rambling, I can't answer your question david, cuz I don't know. --------- spoilers ------ I guess they just got stuck in the other world. I'm an optimist, I like my movies to end happy, so I'd like to think it was just temporary. I could even think that maybe it was saying that they were different people after experiencing all that, like they understood each other and themselves better, so the world that they returned to wasn't the same world they left kinda, or that they would forever live with the scar of everything that happened to them. I mean, they witnessed some fucked up shit! Chick's getting raped with barbwire, dudes being ripped about from their insides, and the creepy evil girl staring her down at the end.

All in all, great movie. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thu... I doesn't get the last half a thumb cuz there were no boobies

Crono1000 said:
I loved the movie! It was awesome, and pretty scary! Tit had nightmares all night, and I kept waking up from the smallest creek in the walls the whole night. It was very nicely done.

It was a video game? Y-y ou mean there really isn't a place such as Silent Hill. Are you sure that it was the movie that gave nightmares? :lol: J/K

anyway, now that I'm done rambling, I can't answer your question david, cuz I don't know. --------- spoilers ------ I guess they just got stuck in the other world. I'm an optimist, I like my movies to end happy, so I'd like to think it was just temporary. I could even think that maybe it was saying that they were different people after experiencing all that, like they understood each other and themselves better, so the world that they returned to wasn't the same world they left kinda, or that they would forever live with the scar of everything that happened to them. I mean, they witnessed some fucked up shit! Chick's getting raped with barbwire, dudes being ripped about from their insides, and the creepy evil girl staring her down at the end.

All in all, great movie. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thu... I doesn't get the last half a thumb cuz there were no boobies

I saw boobies, crono and plus the cop was quite top heavy!! See the movie again! ;)

Well, at least you were more in depth..... I'm gonna have to go see it again!!!

Back