Divine Nutrition

Elbow injury?

Thread: Elbow injury?

Rep Points

Elbow injury?

I came down Hard on my Elbow playing Basketball two weeks ago. It only hurts when I push even on simple push ups, as soon as I stop the pain goes away. It hurts when I press on it as well like a bruise. When I pull it does not hurt at all. Should I suspend my pushing exercises untill the pain goes away? I can live with it. Just wanted to know If you think I will hurt myself further?

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I guess the only way you can know if it is ok is to see a doctor. Unless the pain goes away completely after resting it.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Your diet will set you free.

I hate exercise, I love training.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Keithm
    I came down Hard on my Elbow playing Basketball two weeks ago. It only hurts when I push even on simple push ups, as soon as I stop the pain goes away. It hurts when I press on it as well like a bruise. When I pull it does not hurt at all. Should I suspend my pushing exercises untill the pain goes away? I can live with it. Just wanted to know If you think I will hurt myself further?
    Ummmm if it hurts don't do it.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Anti-mediocrity
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The act of "jamming" a digit ro joint often results in the stretching or tearing of supporting ligaments. The elbow, like the knee, have ligaments and other tissue surrounding the joint to add stability. You've jammed the joint and probably impinged on a nerve, causing pain on pressing action. Recovery may take more than a few weeks (as long as a month), and while pulling doesn't appear to affect it, it may not be helping the healing of damaged tissue either.

You could have chipped the bone where connective tissue attaches, so if the pain persists much longer, it may be best to see your physian for exam and an x-ray.

One item here... It seems a bit odd to me that pulling with resistance *through* the joint isn't bothering you. A jam or chip affecting nerves generally leaves the entire joint aching and inflammed. Either motion, push or pull, would be expected to produce some pain from flexon.

Rep Points

Thanks for the Info, Thats what had me confused a Little, is that if it is a pinched nerve or some sort of tear. Then it seems like it would hurt push or pull. Everyday activity I dont even notice it. It is actually on the inside of my elbow(if you put your finger on the tip of your elbow and move it in towards your body then it is the little bone next to your elbow?) if that helps explain anything. It has been almost three weeks now,and it still feals about the same. I am going to try to get in and see a doctor early next week. Thanks again.