• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

The #1 thing you see people doing wrong in the gym is??????

Doing silly things on the Smith.

Thinking that if they do 10 half-assed reps in 5 seconds theyre awesome "Hey, look at that kid, he's taking WAY longer than me!".

I think if you mentioned the word "form" to these people their eyes would glaze over and theyd stare into space for 30 minutes.

Back arched up on the bench and poor shoulder form on tricep workouts ...

in my class, 98% of the kids who do seated rows on the machine can't target their back for shit. All they do is pull the bar half way there using all bicep thinking they're cool cos they got heavy weight on there. I laugh at that.
Another thing I see them do wrong is do bicep curls 3 times a week.:thumb:

I saw someone doing quarter squats on the Smith Machine today.

That has to rank up there close to number 1.

weight (too much), form (shitty).

jwg said:
I saw someone doing quarter squats on the Smith Machine today.

That has to rank up there close to number 1.
Nothin wrong with that.

True Story, I saw someone doing 1/64 squats. :rolleyes:

IML Gear Cream!
Not training like me

i dont give a shit what people do in the gym, but to answer the question, the most annoying thing is when they watch you train! it gets hard to concentrate when all you can feel is someones eyes on you!

Everything. It is damned near impossible to narrow it down to one movement, type of fuckup, etc.

MyK said:
i dont give a shit what people do in the gym, but to answer the question, the most annoying thing is when they watch you train! it gets hard to concentrate when all you can feel is someones eyes on you!

True Story, one minute you're looking at them to make sure they're not looking at you. Then you turn away and they start staring again. :(

CowPimp said:
Everything. It is damned near impossible to narrow it down to one movement, type of fuckup, etc.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

BigDyl said:
True Story, one minute you're looking at them to make sure they're not looking at you. Then you turn away and they start staring again. :(

theyre thinking the same thing as you

bad form.

It annoys me when people park their bench up along side the dumbell rack. Either they're incredibly lazy or want to antagonise other members.

IML Gear Cream!
Lack of leg work mainly in squatting. Training half assed and to frequently.

it seems this may have turned into a "what annoys me" thread, to which I will gladly add this:

I dont get annoyed when people are ignorant, i get annoyed when people are inconsiderate.

RoeCyris said:
it seems this may have turned into a "what annoys me" thread, to which I will gladly add this:

I dont get annoyed when people are ignorant, i get annoyed when people are inconsiderate.
I agree, they can do what they want.....just do not do curls in the squat rack when I need it.

CowPimp said:

Hehe, so true... The most obvious thing I noticed, is not nearly enough ROM on squats and leg press, but there are MANY other things as well.

Back arched up on the bench

theres nothin worng with benchin with ur back arched as long as ur ass is on the bench

ironman512 said:
Back arched up on the bench

theres nothin worng with benchin with ur back arched as long as ur ass is on the bench

I agree...PL form requires it.

The amount of people lately that seem to be using an incline bench backwards on their first workout - it seems to be at pandemic stage for some reason. I struggle not to laugh at them which affects my workout. Then they have the nerve to look at the huge grin on my face with one of those "what are you laughing at weirdo?" looks - like i'm the one who has issues.

working on every part of the body for about 2 hours daily(no breaks).

Seanp156 said:
Hehe, so true... The most obvious thing I noticed, is not nearly enough ROM on squats and leg press, but there are MANY other things as well.

People at your gym actually squat? Whoah...

I really need to find a power lifting,roider, or Olympic lifting gym lol.

Back