Catabolic or not?

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered User
    r0dxx's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    589

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    10

    Catabolic or not?

    Alright, usually on the weekends, every friday night I go out with my friends and live it up. We usually go out to eat at a nice restaurant, and I make this my "bad" meal for the week. Never seems to really have any effect on me, and I seem to be getting more and more ripped by the week.

    Anyways...We go to eat around 7-7:30, and it's always a huge meal. Then we go out clubbing after we eat, and I don't get home til 2:30-3am.

    Where we go clubbing there is no healthy food sources other then the average junk food that places have...

    I was just wondering if I ate a BIG meal at 7:30, I would need to eat by 10:30...11:30 the latest...What should I have? I can't really have a meal with me...I was thinking of bringing something like a one of those big protein bars, and chowing it down, but I dont want to turn a cheat meal into a cheat night. IF I EAT A HUGE MEAL AT 7:30-8ish...Can that hold me to 2:30am?

    Or should I just have a protein bar / crappy meal again at 11ish?

  2. #2
    Good Enough Never Is
    Purdue Power's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Purdue University
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,349

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    2773263

    Just have a protein bar around 11 or 11:30. I usually leave the bars and walk over to a healthy restaurant and get something to eat if I am at the bars for a long time. I don't drink, but I am assuming that you do when you are out. If you are really concerned about your progress, try to limit how much you drink to 2 or 3 drinks at most. I just always have cups of water whenever I am out.

    P.S.- see if you can have a female friend keep you protein bar in her purse...it will be a mess if you keep it in your pocket.
    5'8 1/2, 225lbs

    Your M1T Info Source

    Dream as though you'll live forever,
    Live each day like it's you last.
    Love like you've never been hurt.
    Tomorrow is never promised.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    r0dxx's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    589

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Purdue Power
    Just have a protein bar around 11 or 11:30. I usually leave the bars and walk over to a healthy restaurant and get something to eat if I am at the bars for a long time. I don't drink, but I am assuming that you do when you are out. If you are really concerned about your progress, try to limit how much you drink to 2 or 3 drinks at most. I just always have cups of water whenever I am out.

    P.S.- see if you can have a female friend keep you protein bar in her purse...it will be a mess if you keep it in your pocket.
    Nah I NEVER DRINK. I kinda just go out with them cause otherwise I would be sitting at home online, waiting for my next meal lol. Basically just to get out.

    I notice whenever I go out...Not to sound cocky, I'm usually the biggest most ripped person OUT, sometimes I see a bigger dude but usually way over 10% bf.

    I have no problem keeping a protein bar in my pocket, I've done it before

    I have a few boxes of tri-o-plex's at my house, but will those hold me over for 3 hours? I just feel like I'm cheating again when I eat those...What ya think?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Jodi's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    22,982

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    162956643


    Definately carry around the trioplex bars with you and have those. That is a great alternative and seeing your progress is well, then I wouldn't worry about the trioplex. Eat it at 11 or so and yeah, that will hold you over til you get home.





  5. #5
    Registered User
    r0dxx's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    589

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Jodi
    Definately carry around the trioplex bars with you and have those. That is a great alternative and seeing your progress is well, then I wouldn't worry about the trioplex. Eat it at 11 or so and yeah, that will hold you over til you get home.
    I'mma post pics soon! I went from 215 at the end of my bulk, to a chisled 175!!

    I'm around 7-8% right now, I dont wanna post pics til I hit 6!! My arms are still over 16" too

  6. #6
    .::.:: Legend ::.::.
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ca
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,660

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    332520497


    After eating a really huge meal at 7:30 you even get hungry at 10:30?...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Jodi's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    22,982

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    162956643


    It's not a matter of hunger. If you wait til you are really hungry, you've waited too long. You should eat before that to keep your metabolism up.





  8. #8
    Registered User
    r0dxx's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    589

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Jodi
    It's not a matter of hunger. If you wait til you are really hungry, you've waited too long. You should eat before that to keep your metabolism up.


    And actually to the other poster, I'm hungry every 3 hours, footlong sub or not...I'm always ready to eat in 2.5-3 hours from my previous meal.

Similar Threads

  1. T3 catabolic?
    By mc173 in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 07:56 AM
  2. Anti-catabolic pre cardio?
    By Pirate! in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 09:04 AM
  3. Catabolic activity of corticosteroids
    By SJ69 in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 08:54 PM
  4. Muscle loss(Catabolic)
    By racoon02 in forum Training
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-12-2003, 10:12 AM
  5. Help with catabolic state
    By ballast in forum Training
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-02-2001, 07:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2001-2017 IronMag® Bodybuilding Forums