NapsGear.net


Workout Tips

Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Workout Tips

  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    10

    Workout Tips






    Hey everyone i have been on this board and haven’t received much response so i would greatly appreciate it on this post. I am having trouble going up in weight and i think i hit a plateau in my benching and overall workout. Here is what my current workout is. Any suggestions to change it or modify it in any way to make me stronger i would love. Here is my current workout schedule for Monday’s (upper body and arms)

    Mondays(Upper Body and Arms)
    Bench 4 sets: first set-132(10 reps)
    second set-152(10 reps)
    third set-162(8 reps)
    Fourth set-172(6 reps)

    Incline Bench 4 sets (free weights)
    first set-45's (10 reps)
    second set-50's(10 reps)
    third set-55's(10 reps)
    fourth set-60's(8 reps)

    Decline Bench 4 sets (usually use a normal flat bar with a decline bench, but sometimes use the machine)
    first set-132 (10 reps)
    second set-152(10 reps)
    third set-162(8 reps)
    fourth set-167(6 reps)

    Flys(free weights on Monday use machine on Thursday's)
    first set-20(10 reps)
    second set-25(10 reps)
    third set-30(10 reps)
    fourth set-30(10 reps)

    Flat bar presses(Tricep Pressdown)
    first set-100(10 reps)
    second set-120(10 reps)
    third set-140 (10 reps)
    fourth set-160(10 reps)

    Lying Tricep Extension
    first set-75(10 reps)
    second set-80(10 reps)
    third set-85(10 reps)
    fourth set-90(10 reps)

    Bicep Curls(Use variations of bars, free weights, and machines) I am using free weights for my example here.
    first set-20's (10 reps)
    second set-25's(10 reps)
    thirs set-30's (10 reps)
    fourth set-30's (10 reps)

    Hammer Curls
    first set-25's(10 reps)
    second set-25's(10 reps)
    third set-30's(10 reps)
    fourth set-35's(10 reps)

    Runner Curls(dont know the real name kind of like a running motion but with free weights.)
    first set-20's(10 reps)
    second set-25's(10 reps)
    third set-30's(10 reps)
    foruth set-35's(8 reps)

    That is it for my Monday workout, i will post my entire week later but i am mainly concenered with my upper body routine as i haven’t been able to gain much ground in the strength part of it for about 2 months. I should note that i do 4 sets of pushups(15) when benching. 4 sets of wide arm pushups with incline bench. 4 sets of decline pushups with decline bench.

    Any modification or any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated and i thank all of you who looked at my post looking foward to some comments.
    Tyler.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    kenwood's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,876
    Rep Points
    7891230

    jesus Christ!! what is that? 2hours worth of exercises? that should be ur entire week workout lol

  3. #3
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    10

    your right about taking awhile, it takes about 1hr 20min.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    kenwood's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,876
    Rep Points
    7891230

    chest,triceps,and biceps? ....you should do a push-legs-pull workout

  5. #5
    Registered User
    fUnc17's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Posts
    1,857
    Rep Points
    195351

    www.monmouthkettlebells.blogspot.com
    AJ Oliva RKC, FMS
    Central NJ

  6. #6
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    Quote Originally Posted by tyman502
    Hey everyone i have been on this board and haven’t received much response so i would greatly appreciate it on this post. I am having trouble going up in weight and i think i hit a plateau in my benching and overall workout. Here is what my current workout is. Any suggestions to change it or modify it in any way to make me stronger i would love. Here is my current workout schedule for Monday’s (upper body and arms)

    Mondays(Upper Body and Arms)
    Bench 4 sets: first set-132(10 reps)
    second set-152(10 reps)
    third set-162(8 reps)
    Fourth set-172(6 reps)

    Incline Bench 4 sets (free weights)
    first set-45's (10 reps)
    second set-50's(10 reps)
    third set-55's(10 reps)
    fourth set-60's(8 reps)

    Decline Bench 4 sets (usually use a normal flat bar with a decline bench, but sometimes use the machine)
    first set-132 (10 reps)
    second set-152(10 reps)
    third set-162(8 reps)
    fourth set-167(6 reps)

    Flys(free weights on Monday use machine on Thursday's)
    first set-20(10 reps)
    second set-25(10 reps)
    third set-30(10 reps)
    fourth set-30(10 reps)

    Flat bar presses(Tricep Pressdown)
    first set-100(10 reps)
    second set-120(10 reps)
    third set-140 (10 reps)
    fourth set-160(10 reps)

    Lying Tricep Extension
    first set-75(10 reps)
    second set-80(10 reps)
    third set-85(10 reps)
    fourth set-90(10 reps)

    Bicep Curls(Use variations of bars, free weights, and machines) I am using free weights for my example here.
    first set-20's (10 reps)
    second set-25's(10 reps)
    thirs set-30's (10 reps)
    fourth set-30's (10 reps)

    Hammer Curls
    first set-25's(10 reps)
    second set-25's(10 reps)
    third set-30's(10 reps)
    fourth set-35's(10 reps)

    Runner Curls(dont know the real name kind of like a running motion but with free weights.)
    first set-20's(10 reps)
    second set-25's(10 reps)
    third set-30's(10 reps)
    foruth set-35's(8 reps)

    That is it for my Monday workout, i will post my entire week later but i am mainly concenered with my upper body routine as i haven’t been able to gain much ground in the strength part of it for about 2 months. I should note that i do 4 sets of pushups(15) when benching. 4 sets of wide arm pushups with incline bench. 4 sets of decline pushups with decline bench.

    Any modification or any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated and i thank all of you who looked at my post looking foward to some comments.
    Tyler.
    F-
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  7. #7
    Londoner
    mrmark's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,009
    Rep Points
    1500510

    Do you train back or legs?
    I love it when a plan comes together.

  8. #8
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    10

    Foreman Rules, what was that?

  9. #9
    fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER
    fufu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    18,164
    Rep Points
    81654611

    36 sets in one workout. Wow I think that is a record. Way way way too much volume. Very bad workout.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

    Your diet will set you free.

    I hate exercise, I love training.

  10. #10
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    baja calif, Mexico
    Posts
    6,932
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by tyman502
    Hey everyone i have been on this board and haven’t received much response so i would greatly appreciate it on this post. I am having trouble going up in weight and i think i hit a plateau in my benching and overall workout. Here is what my current workout is. Any suggestions to change it or modify it in any way to make me stronger i would love. Here is my current workout schedule for Monday’s (upper body and arms)

    Mondays(Upper Body and Arms)
    Bench 4 sets: first set-132(10 reps)
    second set-152(10 reps)
    third set-162(8 reps)
    Fourth set-172(6 reps)

    Incline Bench 4 sets (free weights)
    first set-45's (10 reps)
    second set-50's(10 reps)
    third set-55's(10 reps)
    fourth set-60's(8 reps)

    Decline Bench 4 sets (usually use a normal flat bar with a decline bench, but sometimes use the machine)
    first set-132 (10 reps)
    second set-152(10 reps)
    third set-162(8 reps)
    fourth set-167(6 reps)

    Flys(free weights on Monday use machine on Thursday's)
    first set-20(10 reps)
    second set-25(10 reps)
    third set-30(10 reps)
    fourth set-30(10 reps)

    Flat bar presses(Tricep Pressdown)
    first set-100(10 reps)
    second set-120(10 reps)
    third set-140 (10 reps)
    fourth set-160(10 reps)

    Lying Tricep Extension
    first set-75(10 reps)
    second set-80(10 reps)
    third set-85(10 reps)
    fourth set-90(10 reps)

    Bicep Curls(Use variations of bars, free weights, and machines) I am using free weights for my example here.
    first set-20's (10 reps)
    second set-25's(10 reps)
    thirs set-30's (10 reps)
    fourth set-30's (10 reps)

    Hammer Curls
    first set-25's(10 reps)
    second set-25's(10 reps)
    third set-30's(10 reps)
    fourth set-35's(10 reps)

    Runner Curls(dont know the real name kind of like a running motion but with free weights.)
    first set-20's(10 reps)
    second set-25's(10 reps)
    third set-30's(10 reps)
    foruth set-35's(8 reps)

    That is it for my Monday workout, i will post my entire week later but i am mainly concenered with my upper body routine as i haven’t been able to gain much ground in the strength part of it for about 2 months. I should note that i do 4 sets of pushups(15) when benching. 4 sets of wide arm pushups with incline bench. 4 sets of decline pushups with decline bench.

    Any modification or any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated and i thank all of you who looked at my post looking foward to some comments.
    Tyler.
    Way to much work. Cut it by 70% and you might grow some

  11. #11
    Barbell Ninja
    TheCurse's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dago
    Posts
    786
    Rep Points
    1499192

    Hit it and quit it. thats way too much. its all about intensity.
    Still Alive.

  12. #12
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    Quote Originally Posted by tyman502
    Foreman Rules, what was that?
    The grade I assigned your workout.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  13. #13
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,410
    Rep Points
    2003272

    kenwood your the 1 that had 46set workout and then after you would do a boxxing workout- so i wouldnt be talkin, I told you- you were crazy and you sent me a pm saying anyone can do 46 sets and then hit the bags, but yes that is a horrible workout do a push, legs, pull- push and pull should only have about 15-20 sets each

  14. #14
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    10

    Tuesday workouts

    Hello everyone im back with some good news I read into some of the stuff you guys recommended and looked at P-Phunk’s exercise explanations. I would like to reconstruct my workout so I would like some help. I already posted what I do on Mondays here is what I do on Tuesdays. Take note that this is a back and shoulder workout.

    Dumbbell Shoulder Presses
    set one-40's(10 reps)
    set two-45's(10 reps)
    set three-45's(10 reps)
    set four-50's(6-8 reps)

    Wide Grip Shoulder Presses(machine)
    set one-120(10 reps)
    set two-130(10 reps)
    set three-140(10 reps)
    set four-150(10 reps)

    Dumbbell Lat Raises
    set one-10's(10 reps)
    set two-15's(10 reps)
    set three-15's(10 reps)
    set four-20's(8 reps)

    Dumbbell Front Raises
    set one-10's(10 reps)
    set two-15's(10 reps)
    set three-15's(10 reps)
    set four-20's(10 reps)

    Upright Rows or Shrugs(I will use upright rows as a example)
    set one-45(10 reps)
    set two-65(10 reps)
    set three-75(10 reps)
    set four-85(10 reps)

    BACK

    Behind the neck pull downs and Lat pull downs
    set one-120(10 reps)
    set two-130(10 reps)
    set three-140(10 reps)
    set four-150(10 reps)

    Seated Cable Rows
    set one-80(10 reps)
    set two-100(10 reps)
    set three-110(10 reps)
    set four-120(6-8 reps)

    Hypers and or Hyper Extensions w/e you want to call it
    set one-no weight(15 reps)
    set two-no weight(15 reps)
    set three-25(15 reps)
    set four-25(15 reps)

    That is my shoulder and back routine. After giving you guys this information for my Monday and Tuesday routine I would like some ideas on how to change it. Give note that this is a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday workout Schedule with Upper body and arms on Monday’s and Thursday’s. While shoulders and back is set aside for Tuesday’s and Friday’s.

    I want to give a push and pull routine a try any workout set up would be helpful. I am looking to train on Monday’s(upper), Tuesday’s(,lower), Thursdays(upper), and Friday’s(lower).

    I want to workout smarter and not longer. I want to achieve overall strength and still get the stuff I need to get toned. If there is any combination for this please let me know. I am somewhat unfamiliar with a push, pull, and legs workout so any information on that would be appreciated also. Thanks a lot and look foward to responses.

    Tyler

  15. #15
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    baja calif, Mexico
    Posts
    6,932
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by mike456
    kenwood your the 1 that had 46set workout and then after you would do a boxxing workout- so i wouldnt be talkin, I told you- you were crazy and you sent me a pm saying anyone can do 46 sets and then hit the bags, but yes that is a horrible workout do a push, legs, pull- push and pull should only have about 15-20 sets each
    Yeah he likes beating up on his 11 year old sister.

  16. #16
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    10

    Kenwood i do believe is a good contributer to this board, he is cool

  17. #17
    Registered Abuser
    myCATpowerlifts's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Inner Space
    Posts
    7,403
    Rep Points
    177640862

    Dude, stop doing so many sets and exercises.

  18. #18
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    Quote Originally Posted by tyman502
    Hello everyone im back with some good news I read into some of the stuff you guys recommended and looked at P-Phunk’s exercise explanations. I would like to reconstruct my workout so I would like some help. I already posted what I do on Mondays here is what I do on Tuesdays. Take note that this is a back and shoulder workout.

    Dumbbell Shoulder Presses
    set one-40's(10 reps)
    set two-45's(10 reps)
    set three-45's(10 reps)
    set four-50's(6-8 reps)

    Wide Grip Shoulder Presses(machine)
    set one-120(10 reps)
    set two-130(10 reps)
    set three-140(10 reps)
    set four-150(10 reps)

    Dumbbell Lat Raises
    set one-10's(10 reps)
    set two-15's(10 reps)
    set three-15's(10 reps)
    set four-20's(8 reps)

    Dumbbell Front Raises
    set one-10's(10 reps)
    set two-15's(10 reps)
    set three-15's(10 reps)
    set four-20's(10 reps)

    Upright Rows or Shrugs(I will use upright rows as a example)
    set one-45(10 reps)
    set two-65(10 reps)
    set three-75(10 reps)
    set four-85(10 reps)

    BACK

    Behind the neck pull downs and Lat pull downs
    set one-120(10 reps)
    set two-130(10 reps)
    set three-140(10 reps)
    set four-150(10 reps)

    Seated Cable Rows
    set one-80(10 reps)
    set two-100(10 reps)
    set three-110(10 reps)
    set four-120(6-8 reps)

    Hypers and or Hyper Extensions w/e you want to call it
    set one-no weight(15 reps)
    set two-no weight(15 reps)
    set three-25(15 reps)
    set four-25(15 reps)

    That is my shoulder and back routine. After giving you guys this information for my Monday and Tuesday routine I would like some ideas on how to change it. Give note that this is a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday workout Schedule with Upper body and arms on Monday’s and Thursday’s. While shoulders and back is set aside for Tuesday’s and Friday’s.

    I want to give a push and pull routine a try any workout set up would be helpful. I am looking to train on Monday’s(upper), Tuesday’s(,lower), Thursdays(upper), and Friday’s(lower).

    I want to workout smarter and not longer. I want to achieve overall strength and still get the stuff I need to get toned. If there is any combination for this please let me know. I am somewhat unfamiliar with a push, pull, and legs workout so any information on that would be appreciated also. Thanks a lot and look foward to responses.

    Tyler
    D-
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  19. #19
    ...And justice for all.
    ELITE MEMBER
    Skate67's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,390
    Rep Points
    2471405

    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    D-
    You're such an asshole man .

    Edit: Oh you changed it now? It used to be D. Did you re-evaluate?

  20. #20
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977






    Quote Originally Posted by ST240
    You're such an asshole man .

    Edit: Oh you changed it now? It used to be D. Did you re-evaluate?
    Yes, I thought it was two workouts so I gave it a D, then when I realized it was one workout I gave it a D-, the kid has not taken one bit of advice and has not bothered to read the training stickys.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 01:52 PM
  2. Few tips on workout
    By steve09 in forum Training
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 03:41 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 09:14 PM
  4. tips for a good workout plan please....
    By mike59271 in forum Training
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 10:48 PM
  5. Workout tips on getting ripped?
    By Tha Don in forum Training
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-02-2003, 10:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->