• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Swimming

Diablo1990

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Everytime I go swimming I get like a little cold and it goes away the next day does anyone know what is wrong with me? lol

Like, what symptoms do you feel most? Hopefully not fever!! Maybe runny nose?

Diablo1990 said:
Everytime I go swimming I get like a little cold and it goes away the next day does anyone know what is wrong with me? lol

Do you get a pain in your chest when you breathe in deep after swimming for a while? That almost always happens to me.

Symptom of over training?

well stuffy nose mostly and headache

Diablo1990 said:
well stuffy nose mostly and headache

Stuffy nose is common. Where do you live bc/ if it's in cooler/colder (in the morning in particular) and you're not completely dry doesn't help either. As for the headaches, I am uncertain.

well it is everytime I go swimming I live in pennsylvania. I was in a heated pool...

Maybe a clue..

It' s a heated pool. Heat increases the rate of what we call "off-gassing", the release of volatile chemicals used in the water treatment system.

My guess: you have a sensitivity to the chemicals in this pool. These chemicals may be irritating your sinus / oral cavity mucous membranes. That irritation leads to a short term increase in mucous production and release in sinuses, resulting in post-nasal drainage. The irritated membranes swell and the sinus membrane-lined openings that allow drainage of mucous narrow and may swell closed temporarily, resulting in a pressure rise from stopped up sinuses. The inflammation (immune) response from reaction to these chemicals may also increase the activity of local pain and pressure receptors in the sinuses and oral cavity. Note that the following article mentions headache as a complication.

A Clue

I would refrain from using this pool. If you must use it, you might consider taking a decongestant a few hours before you go swimming. You may be sensitive to the combination of chlorine and perhaps bromine anti-microbial reagents used in pool sanitation. This article hints that chronic exposure might worsen and prolong the sinusitis attacks - something to think about.

could it be allergys that I am starting to get?? I never had allergys before and I also get a cold if I go swimming in ocean

Allergies?

Allergy-like symptoms, yes. Sounds like your sinus membranes are quite sensitive; the salt water, maybe something else as well, or excessive drying from the salt itself, may explain your post-nasal drainage reaction at seaside.

Sea salt, I believe, is a primary natural source of bromides, iodides and chlorides.

IML Gear Cream!
Thank you very much you seem very intelligent. Thanks again for your help.

Back