• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

answer this tough question.

mike456

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
on back exercises they always say pull with ur back-not your arms- if your not using your arms how come they say the compound back exercises are enough for your biceps?:hmmm:

What? your still gonna use a lil bicept to some point, just picture your arms being hooks, don't squeeze the bar at all if you know what im sayin nigga, use your elbows to pull.

LexusGS said:
What? your still gonna use a lil bicept to some point, just picture your arms being hooks, don't squeeze the bar at all if you know what im sayin nigga, use your elbows to pull.
bad answer- how is that enough- and i heard mods saying if u feel it in your biceps your not doing it right

You will feel it in your biceps to some extent but your back should be doing the most work. What I have always told people is pull with your elbow and not with your biceps. Hope that makes sense?

all of you dont understand the question and are actually proving my point:thumb: :laugh:

cow pimp i would like to hear an answer from you, because you are very intelligent

even gopro had a split with biceps the day after back, and I commented saying wont your biceps still be recovering from the compund back movements(pull-ups, bent-over rows) , and he said something like you shouldn't feel it in your bis, you have to pull with your back, if you feel it in your bis u are doing the exercise wrong!

Your arms get a lot of work either way. However, it is easy to cut out a good bit of your back musculature if you don't do the exercise properly. For example, if you don't pull your shoulder blades back together when you are rowing, then you won't train scapular retraction. Really, when people say pull with their arms, they mean shoulders, but your arms definitely help to pick up the slack.

Your posterior delts do most of the work if you're rowing without retracting your scapula. If you pull your shoulder blades back then the muscles running through the middle of your back (Rhomboids and middle/lower traps) get properly recruited. As well, the lats are recruited more efficiently when you maintain a retracted shoulder girdle.

The cue to "pull with your elbows" is just a helpful way to get people to understand what it is to pull their shoulder blades together if their body awareness sucks. A lot of people can't understand the concept of separating their shoulders and scapula as two separate entities.

Back