• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What workouts do you REFUSE to do?

AKIRA

I am Rollo Tomassee..
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Were talking about exercises that DO have a place in teh workout world, but you dont do them cuz theyre ineffective for you, uncomfortable, have better ideas, etc...

Mine would be..
Straight arm pulldowns
Pullovers
Reverse grip bench
Bent press
Seated overhead one dumbell extension (forget the name, but with both hands holding hte dumbell over head and you press it directly over your head....meaning when it comes down you have to move your neck forward out of the way)

Any forearm work. I dont use straps so my forearms get plenty of work without any extra.

Deadlifts, Squats.

Upright rows/bentover rows/shrugs...got two ribs that will get thrown out everytime..took bout two years to figure that out :)

Hmm... thats a tough question. There are a lot of exercises I don't do, or avoid doing, but which of them will I refuse to do?

Leg kickbacks (the really gay looking exercise)
Decline Bench

I dont refuse to do any exercise but I dont like doin side raises because I dont feel anything when I am using a light weight but when I use a heavy weight my form goes to shit.

i don't like doing upright rows, decline bench, machine leg extentions, skullcrushers,etc. They suck ass from my experience cos I've nothing but pain after doing these.

i dont refuse or avoid this, i hate it but i still do it:

weighted dips.

IML Gear Cream!
cardio. i won't. :mad:

LexusGS said:
i don't like doing upright rows, decline bench, machine leg extentions, skullcrushers,etc. They suck ass from my experience cos I've nothing but pain after doing these.

Decline bench and upright rows I expected to see listed.

I do like decline bench but I have noticed it started to hurt my shoulders a little. Went away.

Upright rows are a no no too for me.

min0 lee said:
Lunges.....I always fear my kneecaps will pop out.
Once when I was doing lunges, after my sixth set, my hamstrings seemed to seize up and I actually couldnt walk for about 30 seconds. It was so fucking bad.

GH or IGF

Tricep DB kickbacks, direct neck work, upright rows, and hack squats. There are other exercises I don't like, but not any I would refuse to do that I can think of ATM.

Cardio and ab workouts....that might change as I get older and my metabolism slows

Lunges and decline bench press.

Also, so many people go to 'abs masterclass' on the belief it will give you a 6 pack. I won't go to that either.

upright rows + good morning's + lunges

Lunges are kickass.

Grab two 50lb dumbells and start doing long lunges. It's almost a total body workout: core, legs, and forearms.

IML Gear Cream!
I dont use machines. Im pretty much open to all exercises that involve freeweights though.

May as well try everything once.

Upright Rows, Bentover BB Rows, Lunges, any kind of fancy shmancy core work, tricep kickbacks, front squats, and good mornings.

FatCatMC said:
Upright Rows, Bentover BB Rows, Lunges, any kind of fancy shmancy core work, tricep kickbacks, front squats, and good mornings.

Right before I started instructing clients to do lunges, I did them. They are really fucking hard! I think its a matter of getting used to, Id say. So many things going on with that workout.

You really dont like BB rows? As you know, I can only enjoy them for short periods of time, then I cant feel shit from them. (Meaning 'feeling' the workout itself, not soreness)

Tricep kickbacks have always pissed me off too. They seem to only work at full extension. Of course, from my journal, you could say I did these on the last workout I did. Only I didnt use dumbells, I didnt bend over, and my grip was totally different.

Good Mornings and Front Squats is asking for too much. Too much as in, if Deads and Back Squats work fine, then why do other stuff? Especially uncomfortable workouts. Shit, I am already getting used to lunges, core workouts, hise shrugs, and most workouts without grips/straps, so Ill put some shit on the back burner.

Of course I dont see refusing to do GMs or FSs forever.

Upright rows. They still both my shoulder mildly relating to a connective tissue injury 9 months ago. Plus, you're so damned internally rotated here it's ridiculous.

Kickbacks. Come on, there are much better choices here.

Concentration curls. These can concentrate on sucking my balls.

Wrist curls. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

Calf raises. They've never done anything for me that heavy leg works hasn't taken care of.

No more powerlifting. I'm too old for this shit. On a side note, three years later I am stronger and leaner than I was as a powerlifter. Hard to grow with injuries.

CowPimp said:
Upright rows. They still both my shoulder mildly relating to a connective tissue injury 9 months ago. Plus, you're so damned internally rotated here it's ridiculous.

Kickbacks. Come on, there are much better choices here.

Concentration curls. These can concentrate on sucking my balls.

Wrist curls. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

Calf raises. They've never done anything for me that heavy leg works hasn't taken care of.

Would you prescribe upright rows to clients?

Hah, I havent done concentration curls for a long time...for the same reason you listed for the kickbacks.

AKIRA said:
Would you prescribe upright rows to clients?

Hah, I havent done concentration curls for a long time...for the same reason you listed for the kickbacks.

Yes, I do prescribe them to my clients for a change of pace, but only if they have never injured their shoulders or had a history of shoulder impingment/problems. I never have them perform these for an extended amount of time though. I just throw them in on occasion for the Hell of it.

CowPimp said:

glad you mentioned these....i never do em either...i am of the opinion that calf size is genetically predetermined anyway to an extent, and plus you can make the argument if you don't do wrist curls, why do calf raises? Let the compounds take care of them

Back