Couple of basic questions..

Rep Points

Couple of basic questions..

I am 6ft 130 pounds.. i hate it!!! Anyways, I have decided to start just eating everything I can get my hands on and lifting. I dont have a set diet, but just want to eat everything I can. I see people talking about cottage cheese and eggs a lot. Are both of those good for gaining weight/protien and also, as far as eggs go.. can I eat hard boiled eggs or do they need to be prepared in a certain way? Thanks for any advice

Food Is Good!

Rep Points

Cottage cheese and eggs are both great sources of protein, so definitely add them to your diet. Hard boiled eggs are good because they are easier to take with you. As far as gaining weight, if you want to gain muscle and not fat, you need to focus on eating clean foods, but lots of them.
    Shannon

There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.
    Morpheus - The Matrix

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Gaining muscle and not fat is not about 'eating only clean foods'... It is about your genetics (and potential to partition incoming nutrients into muscle cells), your training (right volume, right intensity, right frequency, right load andadequate rests) your physiology (hormonal envirmonement) and about total calorie intake and total macronutrient 'picture' (fats/protein/carbs).

So you can eat a super clean diet and still make crappy gains. Or you can eat healthy foods 80% of the time, while still enjoying treats and cheats, and you will make fantastic gains.

It is both much simpler than people think, and a lot more complex that people make out...

So, to answer your questions - yes, both cottage cheese and eggs are good for gaining weight if eaten in a diet that gives you more calories than you need (calorie excess = weight gain).

When used in combination with a good training program and an appropriate diet for your requirements and goals, they will also be fantastic at helping specifically with lean muscle gains.

And you can eat eggs how ever you wish (however I do suggest you cook them and do not just consume them raw).
    ~

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

read the stickies. They are the best advice I can give when asking basic questions. They cover everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestDays
    I am 6ft 130 pounds.. i hate it!!! Anyways, I have decided to start just eating everything I can get my hands on and lifting. I dont have a set diet, but just want to eat everything I can. I see people talking about cottage cheese and eggs a lot. Are both of those good for gaining weight/protien and also, as far as eggs go.. can I eat hard boiled eggs or do they need to be prepared in a certain way? Thanks for any advice
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I got my greatest strength gains by eating everything I could, but I also gained a few lbs of fat to. So clean foods (Ex: egg whites, chicken breast, wheat products, veggies)

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

you can still make gains without strapping on the bag and going to town.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.