• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Couple of basic questions..

DarkestDays

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am 6ft 130 pounds.. i hate it!!! Anyways, I have decided to start just eating everything I can get my hands on and lifting. I dont have a set diet, but just want to eat everything I can. I see people talking about cottage cheese and eggs a lot. Are both of those good for gaining weight/protien and also, as far as eggs go.. can I eat hard boiled eggs or do they need to be prepared in a certain way? Thanks for any advice

Cottage cheese and eggs are both great sources of protein, so definitely add them to your diet. Hard boiled eggs are good because they are easier to take with you. As far as gaining weight, if you want to gain muscle and not fat, you need to focus on eating clean foods, but lots of them.

Gaining muscle and not fat is not about 'eating only clean foods'... It is about your genetics (and potential to partition incoming nutrients into muscle cells), your training (right volume, right intensity, right frequency, right load andadequate rests) your physiology (hormonal envirmonement) and about total calorie intake and total macronutrient 'picture' (fats/protein/carbs).

So you can eat a super clean diet and still make crappy gains. Or you can eat healthy foods 80% of the time, while still enjoying treats and cheats, and you will make fantastic gains.

It is both much simpler than people think, and a lot more complex that people make out...

So, to answer your questions - yes, both cottage cheese and eggs are good for gaining weight if eaten in a diet that gives you more calories than you need (calorie excess = weight gain).

When used in combination with a good training program and an appropriate diet for your requirements and goals, they will also be fantastic at helping specifically with lean muscle gains.

And you can eat eggs how ever you wish (however I do suggest you cook them and do not just consume them raw).

read the stickies. They are the best advice I can give when asking basic questions. They cover everything.
DarkestDays said:
I am 6ft 130 pounds.. i hate it!!! Anyways, I have decided to start just eating everything I can get my hands on and lifting. I dont have a set diet, but just want to eat everything I can. I see people talking about cottage cheese and eggs a lot. Are both of those good for gaining weight/protien and also, as far as eggs go.. can I eat hard boiled eggs or do they need to be prepared in a certain way? Thanks for any advice

I got my greatest strength gains by eating everything I could, but I also gained a few lbs of fat to. So clean foods (Ex: egg whites, chicken breast, wheat products, veggies)

Back