• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

drinking liquor

edubz

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
any body here drink alcohol/liquor?

I hardly ever drink, but was wondering, does drinking really set you back if your trying to get cut?

for example, I drink once a blue moon, but when I do drink I drink bacardi and diet coke, or long island ice teas, ect. Is this less fattening then beer?

I'm not sure which is worse, I'm assuming beer is.

I don't think it will kill you if you drink moderately, and if you stick to mixing sugar free drinks with the liquor.

edubz said:
any body here drink alcohol/liquor?

I hardly ever drink, but was wondering, does drinking really set you back if your trying to get cut?

for example, I drink once a blue moon, but when I do drink I drink bacardi and diet coke, or long island ice teas, ect. Is this less fattening then beer?

Contrary to popular belief, hard liquor drinks contain just as many calories as beer. When mixed with sugar containing soft drinks they are higher in calories than beer. If you have 1-2 drinks occasionally its not going to be an issue, in fact there are many studies that suggest moderate intake of alcohol can have a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system. Just dont let 2 turn into 4 which then turns into 6. Cheers!!

Volume Total Calories
Beer (regular) 12 oz 144
Beer (light) 12 oz 108
White wine 5 oz 100
Red wine 5 oz 105
40% spirits 1.5 oz 96
(gin, rum, vodka, whiskey)

SOURCE: Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005, Department of Health and Human Services

Drinking too much really fucks you up. I've not seen my abs in 20 years, so I know...... And I don't touch spirits, just the wine and beer.

some can get away with drinking occasionally. I personally could maintain my appearence at about 11% and drink once a week. I am trying to make progress, so I cut out the booze. I think hard stuff mixed with diet is better, but I drink it mainly for mental reasons. It could very likely make no difference. The fact is that alcohol basically tells you body to stop doing everything that is benificial to your bodybuilding goals. It will lower test, dehydrate your, your metabolism is basically f*cked for a period of time. When I drink, I do cardio the next morning and drink like as much water as I can stomach. I also try not to eat junk when I drink. Being in college makes that hard as the two go hand in hand now (and I guess in most situations they do as well). It will set you back, but it might not set you back enough to bother you. Gotta weigh that out. I say have fun until you actually notice you don't like what the booze does to you.

I think my biggest thing is whenever I drink I feel like I should eat to.

if you are worried about muscle loss, then yes you probably should eat, but try to eat healthy. If you don't care, keep in mind that as long as the liquor fits into you caloric needs you won't gain fat. You will loose muscle, yes. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Back