I'm a fatty now!

Rep Points

Unhappy I'm a fatty now!

Hi Everyone,
    I had some time off from training as work took over my life, now that I have started back I have a dilemma. I have gained some weight but not the good sort, the sort you get from no exercise and eating shite!

I have only gained fat on my chin and my belly, my dilemma is whether I should kick in the fat burning diet (lots of exercise and low calories) and get rid of the fat before I start building muscle with the diet I had before which was high “good calories” and loads of protein?

Thanks in advance for any advice given,

Iain

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I think I would do what makes you most comfortable. If you feel like crap the way you are then change it and worry about making massive muscle gains second. I know I wanna walk around with muscle that is visible not the kind that is hidden under a wall of fat. Good luck buddy.

Rep Points

In my opinion it's better to cut before you go on a bulking program.

If you are bulking you will gain mucle, but you will also gain more fat.

The more fat you gain the more you will have to lose. And you'd have to be on a cutting progam for longer, which is to be avoided if possible.

Cutting first, then bulking.

VanessaNicole
    The more
    The marble wastes,
    The more the statue grows.

Michelangelo

P/RR/Shock Soldier

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by VanessaNicole
    In my opinion it's better to cut before you go on a bulking program.

If you are bulking you will gain mucle, but you will also gain more fat.

The more fat you gain the more you will have to lose. And you'd have to be on a cutting progam for longer, which is to be avoided if possible.

Cutting first, then bulking.

VanessaNicole
    Is their a point when a person should stop cutting, bulk, then cut again. For instance if a male is 6 ft, 200 lb @ say 30%bf, do you think they should cut to 160 lb before bulking. Just curious

Oh yeah your avitar is something special!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by sonofman
    Is their a point when a person should stop cutting, bulk, then cut again. For instance if a male is 6 ft, 200 lb @ say 30%bf, do you think they should cut to 160 lb before bulking. Just curious

Oh yeah your avitar is something special!

Well, the thing is when you are bulking and eating over maintanance, at the very minimum, 30 percent of the extra calories you consume will be stored as fat. That is the best case scenario.

Now, with any cutting program you'll find that weight loss slows down and the appetite becomes harder to control the longer you are dieting, due to the obvious decrease in metabolism that occurs when eating below maintanance. So you want to avoid spending too much time on a diet.

So let's say you are 15 lbs overweight right now, but you want to put on mass.

You can either lose 15 lbs first, and then at the end of your bulking cycle have, say, 15 lbs to lose but more mass.

Or you can go on a bulking cycle first and end up with 30 lbs to lose, but more muscle mass.

It's never healthy to carry a lot of excess visceral fat either, from a medical standpoint. Large fluctuations in weight can have a negative impact on total body composition. And carrying even 15 extra pounds of visceral fat (which is fat centered around the midsection) can significantly increase your risk of athersclerotic heart disease, stroke, diabetes and ED. So aim to minimize it's accumulation as much as possible.

Get down to your ideal bodyweight for your size by cutting. Then start a bulking program.

VanessaNicole
    The more
    The marble wastes,
    The more the statue grows.

Michelangelo