• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Test scores are in: Northeast still has dumbest drivers

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Insurance company exam indicates one in 11 drivers would fail state licensing exam.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/05/26/...cnn_topstories
May 26, 2006; Posted: 3:00 p.m. EDT (1900 GMT)
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - The tiny state of Rhode Island still ranks rock bottom in terms of driving knowledge, according to a national test conducted by GMAC Insurance. Oregon drivers answered the most questions correctly.
The test revealed that about one in 11 licensed drivers in the United States would fail a state drivers test, according to GMAC Insurance.
Rhode Island ranked last year, also, with an average score of 77. Last year, Oregon's average score was 89, which still placed at the top of the rankings that year.
Based on average scores, northwestern states generally ranked highest while the bottom-ranking states were mostly in the northeast. One exception was Vermont, which ranked third. Washington state drivers ranked second. Drivers in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts and the District of Columbia ranked at the bottom, with D.C. finishing just ahead of Rhode Island.
The 20-question test was based on questions asked in state driver's license examinations. A score of 70 or higher is required to pass a standard state test.
The failure rate for drivers in northeastern states was about 16 percent, according to GMAC Insurance. The failure rate for drivers in northwestern states was from one to seven percent.
The test and an accompanying survey were completed by 5,288 licensed drivers including at least 100 from each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia. The survey asked about responses to specific driving situations.
(Cheat alert: The following paragraph includes some answers to the test.)
Approximately one in three drivers said they usually do not stop for pedestrians in crosswalks. At least one out of five drivers did not know that pedestrians in a crosswalk have the right of way. At least one in five also did not know that roads are most slippery when it first starts to rain after a dry spell.
State-by-state rankings
Take the test:
2006 GMAC Insurance National Drivers Test

Well, the percentage is very low for NYC bc/ no one drives! OK, the taxi's, limo's and busses do.....

Plus, when I was living there, I purposely drove reckless in the winter
! :haha: Of course, while no other traffic around!

I doubt they are half as bad as LA drivers.

ForemanRules said:
I doubt they are half as bad as LA drivers.

Like Atlanta and what I heard about LA, the traffic does not move. How could they be bad drivers? :hehe:

OVER POPULATED AREA'S and one MAJOR highway blows!!!! :mad:

Driving???
Big deal...

What were the scores in the parenthood test???

Oh, I forgot you don't even have to know how to write
to have a kid - :rolleyes:

Northeast drivers are bad because of all of the non-English speaking stupid immigrants.

There are shitty drivers where ever you go.

Mr_Snafu said:
Northeast drivers are bad because of all of the non-English speaking stupid immigrants.

fufu said:
There are shitty drivers where ever you go.

:hmmm:

Sure the northeast has the dumbest drivers, but we also have the highest income. That just goes to show that we focus our attention on important things, not stupid shit like DRIVING. :D

fufu said:

Substitution, my friend.

If bad North East drivers = non-English speaking immigrants and There are shitty drivers where ever you go. Then

equates to

There are non-English speaking stupid immigrants where ever you go.

DOMS said:
Explaining a joke: killing humor since 1942.

LAWL.

Sorry, I'm not very articulate when it comes to some things. Namely humor.

But back to topic, I totatly agree that the shittiest drivers are in the Northeast. I see it every friggin day.

I was just driving down a road, some fat hag totatly cuts me off by taking a left out of a parking lot. She is going nuts- swearing, screaming, making crazy gestures with her hands. I just gave her the "you're a fucking dumb ass" look.

She blanantly cuts me off almost causing and accident and she thinks it'
s my fault? Some people don't have the slightest comprehension of the rules of the road. These are people who have probably driving much longer than me.

and for the record: I am an excellent driver.:)
Maybe it is because I'm not from the Northeast.

fufu said:
But back to topic, I totatly agree that the shittiest drivers are in the Northeast. I see it every friggin day.
I've lived in four states and the worst I've seen so far are the snowbirds of Phoenix, Arizona. For those who don't know what snowbirds are: They are retired people (read: old) who live in small towns that live in Phoenix during the winter, when its about 70 degrees. They come from little towns that don't have any stoplights and, apparently, don't know what to do with them. Every winter snowbirds are responsible for many traffic accidents, and fatalities.

fufu said:
and for the record: I am an excellent driver.
That's good to know...

ActHoffmanRainman.jpg

Where do you live??? :hmmm:

Average: 83.7 percent

1. Oregon 90.6

2. Washington 88.2

3. Vermont 87.5

4. Idaho 87.3 (Tie)

4. South Dakota 87.3 (Tie)

6. Montana 87.2

7. Nebraska 87.0

8. Kansas 86.8

9. Iowa 86.7

10. Wyoming 86.2

11. Wisconsin 86.1

12. Minnesota 86.0

13. Alaska 85.8

14. California 85.6

15. Indiana 85.2 (Tie)

15. Colorado 85.2 (Tie)

17. Michigan 85.1

18. North Dakota 85.0

19. West Virginia 84.8

20. Utah 84.5

21. Mississippi 84.4

22. Illinois 84.3 :eek:

23. Tennessee 84.2

24. Texas 84.0 (Tie)

24. Kentucky 84.0 (Tie)

26. New Hampshire 83.9

27. Arkansas 83.8

28. Virginia 83.5

29. Arizona 83.4

30. Georgia 83.2 (Tie)

30. Louisiana 83.2 (Tie)

32. North Carolina 83.1 (Tie)

32. Maine 83.1 (Tie)

34. Ohio 83.0

35. Oklahoma 82.9

36. Alabama 82.8

37. Missouri 82.7 (Tie)

37. Delaware 82.7 (Tie)

39. Nevada 82.6

40. South Carolina 82.3 (Tie)

40. Florida 82.3 (Tie)

42. Pennsylvania 82.1

43. New Mexico 81.5

44. Connecticut 80.9

45. Hawaii 80.7

46. Maryland 79.5

47. New York 79.4

48. New Jersey 78.6 (Tie)

48. Massachusetts 78.6 (Tie)

50. Washington, D.C. 76.5

51. Rhode Island 75.1

I fucking hate driving.

IML Gear Cream!
Got an 85, I missed 1, 12, 14. Fuckers.

I didn't even answer number 1, I skipped it to come back and then hit enter anyway, I was leaning towards "visible from 200 feet away", which was wrong anyway.

I got a 95, I only use my high beams on unlit roads seems like the only time it's safe and legal and useful.

Back