• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

ground turkey question for dpw8 etc

nikegurl

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i had been buying the ground turkey breast. it's so dry i usually need about 40 minutes to get it down. (seriously). i'm really sick of chicken lately. having tons of tuna and whey and need more protein sources that i don't hate.

my question - they make a ground turkey that's not the breast meat and has more fat. can i eat this? is it too much fat or can it be considered my fat for that meal?

stats for 4 oz are:
160 calories
8 grams fat
23 grams protein

(i'll be sure to get the meal up to 30 grams protein w/egg white or something thrown in)

ok or not such a good idea to use?

oh good - tastes so much better! thanks

I always look for ground turkey breast, but I can only find lean ground turkey. Do you find it in a regular grocery store, or a specialty store? Although, if it tastes that bad, maybe I don't want to find it.:D

hi daisy - the one i'm getting is by the Turkey Store and they're part of Jennie-O. It's in the meat section. They have the regular and then the breast. The breast comes in 1.25 lb packages only. It's a bit expensive (in my opinion) at $6.99 a lb (when it's not on sale). I live in California and they have it at most of the chain grocery stores.

it doesn't really taste bad - it's just so so dry. may be my fault though - i'm so paranoid about meat being thoroughly cooked i may grill it too long. it is very lean though - no fat drains off at all during cooking. (the regular with 8 grams fat sizzles like crazy and drains fat while cooking)

good luck. it's not terrible in terms of flavor - just dry (when i cook it!)

Thanks for the reply nikegurl. I think I'll just ask someone in the meat department if it is available or if I could order it. I would like to give it a try.:)

Back