Concerned

Thread: Concerned

flawless

Rep Points

Concerned

Alright, i am home for the summer since school is out and i also got a new job. I will pretty much be working in an office from 8-5 and i'm concerned about the meal frequency.

As far as my old job, the hours were more flexible and shorter and i knew my boss well so i was able to eat a decent amount of food at each meal. However, this isn't really the case at my new job which starts monday.

For all of you out there that work similar hours, how do you space out your meals during work and what do you usually bring to eat? I can bring lots of food in closed containers if i need to but it's just a matter of whether i can take a short break every 3 hours to eat (im also bulking too so i will need to eat a lot).

Let me know how you guys do it.
    Last edited by shiznit2169; 06-01-2006 at 02:45 PM.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by shiznit2169
    Alright, i am home for the summer since school is out and i also got a new job. I will pretty much be working in an office from 8-5 and i'm concerned about the meal frequency.

Unlike my old job, the hours were more flexible and shorter and i knew my boss well so i was able to eat a decent amount of food at each meal. However, this isn't really the case at my new job which starts monday.

For all of you out there that work similar hours, how do you space out your meals during work and what do you usually bring to eat? I can bring lots of food in closed containers if i need to but it's just a matter of whether i can take a short break every 3 hours to eat (im also bulking too so i will need to eat a lot).

Let me know how you guys do it.

I eat whenever I want, and if someone has a problem with that they can go fuck themselves. Simple as that.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

flawless

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Mabry
    I eat whenever I want, and if someone has a problem with that they can go fuck themselves. Simple as that.
    But your a personal trainer and have been on the job for a while (from what i heard) .. so you have flexibility.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Tell them you're religion is Tolkien Hobbitism and your religion requires you eat like a Hobbit
    Whole food - Breakfast
    Shake - Second Breakfast
    Whole Food - Lunch
    Shake - Onsies
    Whole Food - Dinner
    Whole Food - Supper
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Oh and walk around barefoot for emphasis...
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

flawless

Rep Points

Are you guys incapable of giving a serious answer for once in your life?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Youre entitled to two 15min breaks a day. Scarf your food down then.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You should be able to drink a shake. I doubt anyone will tell you that you can't drink something.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by shiznit2169
    But your a personal trainer and have been on the job for a while (from what i heard) .. so you have flexibility.

No, I am a clinical researcher at the University of Penn, I do personal training on the side. My policy still stands.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Rep Points

Make sure you stay ahead of schedule with all your work so you can eat whenever you want
    www.monmouthkettlebells.blogspot.com
    AJ Oliva RKC, FMS
    Central NJ

On a journey.......
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I eat 3 meals at work. I eat my second breakfast around 8:30, I eat my first lunch at lunch time, and just before I head out the door I eat my second lunch (around 3:30). I have access to a refer. If I had to I would use a small cooler and put my food in there. I always prepare my meals the day before so everything is usually preplanned based on my type of day (I am trying carb cycling at the moment - been doing it for 4 weeks now).
    If you always have a great day, you will always have a great life.

"The gym offers force and pain and relief. It provides challenge and struggle and satisfaction." Dave Draper

Londoner

Rep Points

I work similar hours... long long daily hours.

I have a good solid breakfast of complex carbs and a protein shake. A big sandwich for lunch with a pack of low fat crisps, an apple, and a few almonds. Then for my only break, in the afternoon, eat some fruit or veg, with a protein shake to tide me over till dinner.
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Starting a fresh

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Mabry
    I agree, the people I work with take the piss cus I eat every three hours. I just turn around and tell them they know why I am doin it, and they laugh at the fact that I am skinny, so they can all piss off
    "Lift big, eat big, rest big"
    "Rome wasnt built in a day"
    "Go heavy or go home."

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yeah the guys I work with don't understand why I have to eat every 2-3 hours. They think I am crazy. I try to explain, but I get nowhere. Of course they are beerbellied and everything else.

Rep Points

I just eat at my desk while I'm working. No big deal but every office is different.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Phred
    I eat 3 meals at work. I eat my second breakfast around 8:30, I eat my first lunch at lunch time, and just before I head out the door I eat my second lunch (around 3:30). I have access to a refer. If I had to I would use a small cooler and put my food in there. I always prepare my meals the day before so everything is usually preplanned based on my type of day (I am trying carb cycling at the moment - been doing it for 4 weeks now).

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

This is the Diet and Nutrition forum, not Open Chat. You are to refrain from posting the worthless and disgusting comments in this forum. - Jodi
    Last edited by Jodi; 06-04-2006 at 04:18 PM. Reason: worthless garbage post

End of the world
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I'll eat a sandwich or have a protein shake at my desk for snacks (around 9 am and 3:30 pm). Lunch is somewhere around noon, depending on how work is going. 30 minutes for lunch and a couple of 5-10 minutes break should suffice.