• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

one arm pull ups

assassin

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i saw a guy doing them in a video and i am really impressed.....how could i do them...or in other words condition and prepare my self to do them.....using a spotter or just struggling untill i get them :hmmm:

What is the purpose anyways. Why would you even want to. Let me ask you this. Are you bulking like 80% of the people here. If so stick to Two hands and mostly compound exercises. Leave the kiddy stuff to those that want to show off.

assassin said:
i saw a guy doing them in a video and i am really impressed.....how could i do them...or in other words condition and prepare my self to do them.....using a spotter or just struggling untill i get them :hmmm:
100% genetic....you will need: short arms, a very light body and strong biceps and lats

im decent on weighted pullups but when i try to do a dead hang one handed pullup it feels like something is about to rip and i hardly even move.

use both arms and just keep adding weight

Very unlikely you will ever do one. The video you saw was probably the same one I did of a 95lb Asian guy. You could do chinups and then lower yourself with one arm though. Also, I can do them if I grab my wrist, and I can get maybe one or two if put my hand on my bicep.

CowPimp said:
Very unlikely you will ever do one. The video you saw was probably the same one I did of a 95lb Asian guy. You could do chinups and then lower yourself with one arm though. Also, I can do them if I grab my wrist, and I can get maybe one or two if put my hand on my bicep.
but what a waste of time. Lets all remember that Compounds with both hands build big muscles. I mean who the hell is as strong with both hands. No one so lets concentrate on what matters.

I can do 15 no handed pullups bitches

I got good at regular pull ups, but could never do 1 handed ones.
I could slowly lower myself down, could pull up to about 90 degrees,
but never the whole thing.

So unless you are really small, like Cow Pimp says, and with short arms,
just watch and marvel at it.

Your strength to body weight ratio has to be incredible to do this.

Next time you watch the Olympics, notice the size of the gymnasts.
Most of those guys are around 110 to 120lbs. (on the rings anyhow,
where you have to have high strength to weight ratio)

The guys on this website are trying to get big, which is not conducive to
1 armed pullups.

Sounds like a good way to disolcate your shoulder

Tough Old Man said:
but what a waste of time. Lets all remember that Compounds with both hands build big muscles. I mean who the hell is as strong with both hands. No one so lets concentrate on what matters.

What's wrong with unilateral movements? They are highly underrated in my opinion, especially for the lower body. It's a great way to improve knee and ankle stability and stress the Hell out of your stabilizer musculature. Not to mention, it allows you to overload the target musculature without loading the spine so much all the damned time.

its gonna take 2 or 3 years to work up to one arm pullups, literally. Go to dragondoor.com and check the bodyweight articles on working up to them.

CowPimp said:
What's wrong with unilateral movements? They are highly underrated in my opinion, especially for the lower body. It's a great way to improve knee and ankle stability and stress the Hell out of your stabilizer musculature. Not to mention, it allows you to overload the target musculature without loading the spine so much all the damned time.
This is why you have your opinion and I have mine. See I think most people unlike you are trying to get a lot more size and get a hell of a lot stronger. If so we are not going to start doing one handed pullups for any reason. So I'm sticking with two Handed compound movements and leaving one handed hangers for the monkeys.

I could see doing them if I was going to be a stunt man in a Segal movie.

CowPimp said:
. You could do chinups and then lower yourself with one arm though. Also, I can do them if I grab my wrist, and I can get maybe one or two if put my hand on my bicep.

nice idea . doing the contraction with both hands and lowering my self with one arm .....i'll try this one i think that will add gr8 grip ,wrist and biceps strength.....i have another idea too it's doing it on a bar that is stuck in a wall or in a door and close the door to rest ur elbow on it.

though i believe now after ur opinions it's not something special to aim 4.....

Tough Old Man said:
What is the purpose anyways. Why would you even want to. Let me ask you this. Are you bulking like 80% of the people here. If so stick to Two hands and mostly compound exercises. Leave the kiddy stuff to those that want to show off.
exactly PT!

Tough Old Man said:
This is why you have your opinion and I have mine. See I think most people unlike you are trying to get a lot more size and get a hell of a lot stronger. If so we are not going to start doing one handed pullups for any reason. So I'm sticking with two Handed compound movements and leaving one handed hangers for the monkeys.

So are you suggesting that unilateral movements can't build size and strength? What about lunges, which are very popular among bodybuilders?

CowPimp said:
So are you suggesting that unilateral movements can't build size and strength? What about lunges, which are very popular among bodybuilders?
Sure the can build size. So can one hand pushups. But do you think a one handed pushup will build more size the a 300 lb incline bench. Also would you rather go around doing lunges for size or full blown squats.

Like I said i'll stick to both hands and feet to get my size. You guys can stick ti your one handed pullups, one hand pushups and one toe raises if you want.

Tough Old Man said:
Sure the can build size. So can one hand pushups. But do you think a one handed pushup will build more size the a 300 lb incline bench. Also would you rather go around doing lunges for size or full blown squats.

Like I said i'll stick to both hands and feet to get my size. You guys can stick ti your one handed pullups, one hand pushups and one toe raises if you want.

You don't have to sacrifice one for the other. Unilateral movements can make a great adjunct to your bilateral training. I think the injury prevention aspect is worth it in and of itself. Also, lower body movements done on one leg require you to fire your glutes more so you don't fall over. People need this desparately in a lot of cases.

CowPimp said:
Also, lower body movements done on one leg require you to fire your glutes more so you don't fall over. People need this desparately in a lot of cases.
I'm sorry for laughing at this one. If this was true, 99% of the people walking around at the malls and everywhere else would fall over. Come on CP.

i agree with cp at this point when doing squats the hardest thing when u put up weight is to balance ur self well to use a proper form and not to injure urself ..... this requires very strong stabilizer muscles and a real strong core..........i thing lunges strengthen the stabilizers very much as u have a bigger range of motion and u have to balance ur self from going to the sides , while squats (the mass builder) u have less chance for swinging or moving to the sides......

Back