• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Fear of Overtraining

BigDyl

Elite Kiki
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is it possible people talk SO much about over training the CNS, etc, that people actually undertrain now? :confused:

Discuss.

BigDyl said:
Is it possible people talk SO much about over training the CNS, etc, that people actually undertrain now? :confused:

Discuss.
I don't know that answer. But I state this. i think everyone should find that point where Overtraining starts. This way you can drop back a little and be right on the edge. Can a person do to little yes.

I found my threshold when it comes to overtraining and know about what I can and can't do. Also when to stop or deload for a week or two. If you don't find this, I think you potential will never be as great as it would if you know it.

Tough

I doubt it. Most people accumulate plenty of fatigue with their programs. I bet a lot of people underreach when it comes to leg training though, heh.

CowPimp said:
I doubt it. Most people accumulate plenty of fatigue with their programs. I bet a lot of people underreach when it comes to leg training though, heh.
Yeah those that don't work them. I would think that if a person works legs, he works them just as hard as the rest of his body. I do.

Tough Old Man said:
Yeah those that don't work them. I would think that if a person works legs, he works them just as hard as the rest of his body. I do.
True

Tough Old Man said:

When is the last time you went to a commercial gym?

CowPimp said:
When is the last time you went to a commercial gym?
I don't , why do you ask. Does everyone there have skinny legs or something? Could it just be the GYM your visiting. I'll bet at gold in venice they probably work the shit out of there legs. But maybe not.

i go to a commercial gym once a week to work my legs as everything else i can work at home,,,,at the gym i go to its usually young punk no way near the sqaut rack doin curls or benches,,and they have bodies like matchsticks

Tough Old Man said:
I don't , why do you ask. Does everyone there have skinny legs or something? Could it just be the GYM your visiting. I'll bet at gold in venice they probably work the shit out of there legs. But maybe not.

Trust me, i go to two gyms (1 when i am home and 1 at my college) and nobody ever goes deep on squats or works out their legs as hard as their upper body .. or if at all. Sometimes, i have seen guys come in and do 3 sets of quarter squats, 3 sets of 1/4 ROM on the leg press and then 2 burnout sets using the leg extension. They totally neglect their hamstrings and then proceed to do some forearm or bicep work before hitting the showers. It's hilarious.

i dont believe in overtraining really ithink i think it depends more on ure own personal scenario if your working construction for 8-12 hour days sometimes in the summer than i think you should adjust your training but if ure chillin all day doing nuthin than i feel as though u can train as hard as u want theres a fine line between trainging as hard as u want and training stupid tho like doing chest 3 times a week twice a day.

IML Gear Cream!
I think that to many people today are ready to cry overtraining any time they start to feel just a little run down. I am a big believer in the dual factor theory there is no over training there is just a ratio of fatigue and gain you have to keep them both in check if your too fatigued you wont have the energy to push the wheights out to get the most gain. I make my best gains when I am having OT symptoms then I de load for a couple of weeks and am back at it again

I don't feel like I ever overtrain. I can do without a days rest in between full body workouts and continue to get stronger ( rep wise etc ). I just take off the days so my CNS can bounce back.

Well I know I would undertrain than overtrain. Atleast whenever you undertrain you still got some energy. If you overtrain you are tired and cant seem to find enough energy to get off the couch.

I'd rather be undertraining... need to keep something in the tank for every day activities like working, etc.

shiznit2169 said:
Trust me, i go to two gyms (1 when i am home and 1 at my college) and nobody ever goes deep on squats or works out their legs as hard as their upper body .. or if at all. Sometimes, i have seen guys come in and do 3 sets of quarter squats, 3 sets of 1/4 ROM on the leg press and then 2 burnout sets using the leg extension. They totally neglect their hamstrings and then proceed to do some forearm or bicep work before hitting the showers. It's hilarious.

Yeah, pretty much. I have been a members at a few gyms and it was the same in all of them. The first two gyms I went to were fairly hardcore as far as gyms go too. The Gold's I worked at was ridiculous. Everyone there trained their legs like panzies.

shiznit2169 said:

Do you watch them in the showers too?

What really annoys me is who is training legs like a pansy. A very good friend of mine is a college football player, but he says that everyone does squats the same as he does. They're 'parallel' but about 1/3 or less of my ROM. He's even afraid to go down as far as I do and I'm willing to bet he couldn't do a 250 full ROM bottom squat despite the fact he's done 320 for 20 reps of his squats.

CowPimp said:
Yeah, pretty much. I have been a members at a few gyms and it was the same in all of them. The first two gyms I went to were fairly hardcore as far as gyms go too. The Gold's I worked at was ridiculous. Everyone there trained their legs like panzies.
I'm really surprized. I guess these guys don't know that a person with nice wheels will have a total body. I mean the most powerfull guys walking all have big wheelsand with those big wheels comes a big chest, lat, shoulders and Arms. Shame on them.

Back