• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Comment my workout please

cp_sogoj

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I started to workout on a gym. I was trying Anthonny Ellis Method but i feel that i should have a pre-preparatory season before doing it.

A teacher/coach/trainer (whatver you call it) created a program for me, in order to get hypertrophy.

I would like to see your comments on this program. I just need to say, that i will post only one of the workout days (the other part is in the gym, not here).

So, the the program is 3 days a week. In each session i will be doing about 10-15 min cardio, then some Abs (3-4 sets).It will end with some card again. Dont understand why this cardio in the end , because to much cardio may burn to much nutrients. Can explain this? Anyway the session of today was like this (after the cardio):

Abs: 3-4 sets with 15-20 reps
Inverted ABs (pushing legs back): same as above
Lat Bar Bulldown: 4 sets: 15, 12, 10, 10 reps
Inverted Lat BarPulldown: 15, 12, 12 10 reps
Waist Exercise? (dont know the name): its an exercise similar to Abs but for the end of the spine instead: 3-4 sets with 10-15 reps more or less
Cable biceps (dont know the exact name, its biceps using an EZ Bar attached to a cable): 3x: 8-12 reps on each set
Scott Biceps: 3x: about 8-12 reps on each set
Cardio-15-20 mins i think

What do you think about this session? As soon as i can i will be posting the next to other sessions.

In general it seems a good workout but i would like to see what other guys think about it.

Thanks

Goals?

as i said: hypertrophy. Sorry if i wasnt clear.

This is supposed to be what, a pull or back/bicep workout? No rowing?

Ummm...reps are kind of high for bulking. What is your split?

I think compound exercises are best for bulking, with maybe one isolation exercise per body part...

I'd need to see your whole split and routine to comment. But I think this needs a little work.

VanessaNicole

VanessaNicole said:
Ummm...reps are kind of high for bulking. What is your split?

I think compound exercises are best for bulking, with maybe one isolation exercise per body part...

I'd need to see your whole split and routine to comment. But I think this needs a little work.

VanessaNicole
Reps from 8-15 are great for hypertrophy

ForemanRules

cp_sogoj said:
I started to workout on a gym. I was trying Anthonny Ellis Method but i feel that i should have a pre-preparatory season before doing it.

A teacher/coach/trainer (whatver you call it) created a program for me, in order to get hypertrophy.

I would like to see your comments on this program. I just need to say, that i will post only one of the workout days (the other part is in the gym, not here).

So, the the program is 3 days a week. In each session i will be doing about 10-15 min cardio, then some Abs (3-4 sets).It will end with some card again. Dont understand why this cardio in the end , because to much cardio may burn to much nutrients. Can explain this? Anyway the session of today was like this (after the cardio):

Abs: 3-4 sets with 15-20 reps
Inverted ABs (pushing legs back): same as above
Lat Bar Bulldown: 4 sets: 15, 12, 10, 10 reps
Inverted Lat BarPulldown: 15, 12, 12 10 reps
Waist Exercise? (dont know the name): its an exercise similar to Abs but for the end of the spine instead: 3-4 sets with 10-15 reps more or less
Cable biceps (dont know the exact name, its biceps using an EZ Bar attached to a cable): 3x: 8-12 reps on each set
Scott Biceps: 3x: about 8-12 reps on each set
Cardio-15-20 mins i think

What do you think about this session? As soon as i can i will be posting the next to other sessions.

In general it seems a good workout but i would like to see what other guys think about it.

Thanks
"A teacher/coach/trainer (whatver you call it) created a program for me, in order to get hypertrophy".

First off he is an idiot!!!

You need compound movements and also need a better set up

Some examples:

Push: bench, incline, military, dips
off:
Legs: squats, stiff leg dead lifts calf raises
off
Pull: Rows, lat pulls, pullups, shrugs, DB curls
off:
off
I would hit cardio on the off days 2-3 times a week if you really need it

or

Upper
lower
off
off
upper2
lower2
off

ForemanRules said:
Reps from 8-15 are great for hypertrophy

ForemanRules

Don't you think it's better to have a varying set rep scheme, ranging from 6-12 reps?

Like this, if it was a 3 day full body split:

5*6
3*10
2*12

I mean do you think it's a good idea to stay between 8-15 all the time?

VanessaNicole

Last edited:
Are you new to working out in a gym? It sounds like it to me. If so, sticking between 10-15 repetitions for right now is a good idea. I wouldn't go heavier until you have several weeks of resistance training experience under your belt. You need to stick to the basics right now too (I think even advanced lifters should too, for the most part). Bench and overhead press, rowing and chinups, squats and deadlifts; ya know, the good shit.

Back