• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Glucosamine.

samba

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just started taking glucosamine for an joint pain. How effective is it.

I used to get shooting pain in my elbows and forarms. I was advised to use this stuff and it really helped me

Cheers puregains

I was a bit sceptical as the only suplement Ive ever taken is cod liver oil. I have bought a two week course of tablets, how long did you take it for?

Cohidronsomething

Forgot to mention that the supplements Im taking also contain something like cohidron or codrihon??? Is this any good??

good god , this is going back a few years , I think 3-4 wks. 1 tablet thingy a day. Since its supposed to be good for you too , as well as fighting the pain I just carried on til I finish the bottle. Bought some more recently as the pains back.

the codrihon , that i dont know about , one of the other bods will have to help u with.

hey samba - i did some research on this awhile ago. never took it though. i believe it's something that takes awhile before you see improvement but think most people seem to agree it helps.

sometimes i think about getting it for preventive measures. not sure if that works though.

I have been taking glucosimine for over 3 years now.

The other supplement is called condroitin. You can get a pill with both combined. I like EAS's version which is seperate pills. It is reccomended that you take 1500mg of one and 900 mg of the other, which is 3 pills a day.

I had walked with a limp caused by bursitis in my hip for over 3 years, and noticed great improvement in decrease of pain in just under 30 days.

It is not a overnight wonder drug, it takes a while for it to start working.

I heard about it from someone who played tennis, and had elbow pain, so it works on most joints.

Glucosamine has been shown to cause insulin resistance.

The positive effects generally outweigh the negatives though, providing you're on a healthy diet and exercise regularly.

IML Gear Cream!
Glucosamine help

Insulin resistance???? Sounds dodgy:confused:

If it hurts it may be something more than just a normal pain. I will recommend to go a Sports Medicine Dr. and don't play with your health.

its not like me to ''run out'' of a supplement, but i did with gluc/chon and after being of it nearly a month, i can tell the difference.just my humble opinion.

If this supplement makes your pain go away is it then because it helped the joints or just desquised the pain (like a pain killer) ?

GNC has glucosamine (500mg) and Chondroitin (400mg) chewables. They're pretty good. You take 3 a day, for a total of 1500 mg of glucosamine and 1200 mg of chondroiton (as if you guys couldn't add that up ;) Anyway, they only have 2 g of sugar, 3 g of carbs. I take them b/c I'm sick and tired of taking so many friggin pills (hydroxycut, glutamine, naproxen, regular aspririn for headaches, etc.) They remind me of the chewable calcium pills.

unfortunately, i just bought them on sunday and it takes a couple of weeks to set in. maybe someone who has taken it longer can answer your question? :)

Back