• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Lunges,wats The Best

mikey250976

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
wats the most effective,dumbell lunges or barbell lunges

dumbell lunges make your arms longer, depends if you want that.

Exactly the same way that doing squats will make you shorter, right?

Dumbell lunges will also work your forearms, shoulders and traps. I like then much better.

Spud said:
Exactly the same way that doing squats will make you shorter, right?

Dumbell lunges will also work your forearms, shoulders and traps. I like then much better.

Suppose you're right. What about overhead barbell lunges? Good for the back or just a bad idea?

wat do u mean makes your arms longer,i used to do it with overhead barbell,but i think i will change to dumbells,maybe more easier to do,wat weight would you use on the dumbells.i used 25kg on the overhead barbell lunge,that may be pretty weak to a lot of ppl,but i only started doing the lunges a few weeks ago.

mikey250976 said:
wat do u mean makes your arms longer,i used to do it with overhead barbell,but i think i will change to dumbells,maybe more easier to do,wat weight would you use on the dumbells.i used 25kg on the overhead barbell lunge,that may be pretty weak to a lot of ppl,but i only started doing the lunges a few weeks ago.

It was a joke..................

By overhead I'm talking holding it up in the air (like an overhead squat, only it's a lunge).

And.....who cares what weight you lift? (No offense) but what you lift means nothing to me or anyone else. Use whatever weight you need to achieve your goal. If that is 5lb or 500lb it makes no difference to anyone but yourself. Sometimes you may be tempted to tell eveyone of a new PB and that is fine, we all feel good when we achieve something new. Just be careful about comparing numbers to other peoples numbers.

^ He speaks the truth. It really kills your ego, and sometimes makes you try and lift more, even though your form goes to shit when you lift that heavy.

I speak from experience of this! Lift what you can, youll see much better results like that. Heavy weights dont happen overnight.

As for lunges, i prefer BB version of them, because DB lunges have always felt too awkward for me. Lunges arent my favourite exercise at the best of times anyway, but theyre good so *shrugs*.

Whatever feels most comfortable, go for it. If you cant decide, just alternate them for a few weeks and see which you prefer.

KarlW said:
Suppose you're right. What about overhead barbell lunges? Good for the back or just a bad idea?

No clue. It sounds very awkward, and if I tried it, I would most likely tip over.

Funny, lunges have never felt great for me either. They are effective, and finish off squats nicely, but I find they take a lot of concentration and balance - core stability???

IML Gear Cream!
KarlW said:
Funny, lunges have never felt great for me either. They are effective, and finish off squats nicely, but I find they take a lot of concentration and balance - core stability???

Me too. I always have this feel that on my way out of the lunge im gonna just topple over. I almost did once when i stepped out a little too far.

Good exercise, but not one of my favourites.

Plus when you first start doing them your shoulders/traps hurt like hell.

You can do them without stepping out. Just stand with your feet apart and lower yourself into the lunge position, then back up. Doesn't feel quite the same but overcomes the balance thing. Anyway, I figure for the very reason that they require concentration in keeping balanced that normal lunges must be good.

Ive never tried that version actually. I may have a play around with that for my sets this week, would probably be beneficial in that because you dont have to keep as much concentration on balance, a tad more weight could be used.

Interesting.

Which variety do you do anyway? Or do you switch back and forth?

Switch.

Back