not satisfied

Thread: not satisfied

Rep Points

not satisfied

so i've been lifting 4 days a week every week for about a month and a half. i have a healthy diet with lots of protein foods and protein shakes. i'm a little frustrated at the progress i've made. i'm expecting results, maybe that's a bad thing? maybe it's too early? so this is my routine...

monday : weighted dips, skull crushers, dumbell tri extensions, bench, incline bench, butterfly, weighted crunches, leg lifts.

wednesday : barbell curl, preacher's curl, concentration curls, lat pulldown, bar row, hyperextensions

friday : dumbell press, bent over dumbell raise, squats, leg curls, leg extension, weighted crunches, leg lifts

saturday : (cardio) about 5 tours

for all of the weights i do about 3 sets, 6 reps each...the last set is always a struggle so i have my partner help me out a little, but i try to do as much as possible by myself.

i'm thinking about going 5 days a week...
    day1 - upper
    day2 - lower
    day3 - cardio
    day4 - upper
    day5 - lower

i want some opinions on what to do

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by eemooof
    so i've been lifting 4 days a week every week for about a month and a half. i have a healthy diet with lots of protein foods and protein shakes. i'm a little frustrated at the progress i've made. i'm expecting results, maybe that's a bad thing? maybe it's too early? so this is my routine...

monday : weighted dips, skull crushers, dumbell tri extensions, bench, incline bench, butterfly, weighted crunches, leg lifts.

wednesday : barbell curl, preacher's curl, concentration curls, lat pulldown, bar row, hyperextensions

friday : dumbell press, bent over dumbell raise, squats, leg curls, leg extension, weighted crunches, leg lifts

saturday : (cardio) about 5 tours

for all of the weights i do about 3 sets, 6 reps each...the last set is always a struggle so i have my partner help me out a little, but i try to do as much as possible by myself.

i'm thinking about going 5 days a week...
    day1 - upper
    day2 - lower
    day3 - cardio
    day4 - upper
    day5 - lower

i want some opinions on what to do
    Ok your workout is terrible so drop it. Stop using weights you can't lift, your partner should not touch the weights untill your last set and rep if needed. Also get off the 6 rep for everything mode....as a beginner you really need to work on form and train in the 10+ rep range.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Rep Points

youre working your tri's then going to chest exercises, and doing the same with bi's then back/lats. try doing your chest/back first. you need your tris for bench/incline but if they are already worked when you get there, its going to hamper you and not let you push your chest as hard. i've been doing this (a'la a workout on this site, ironman HIT or something) and its working very well.

Rep Points

sorry to sound like a noob but whats a 'skull crusher'?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Richie1888
    sorry to sound like a noob but whats a 'skull crusher'?
    its kinda like a laying tricep ext. yo lay on a bench like your goin to bench press but you unrack it and take the bar down to your forehead then back up.

*EDIT* you only move your forearms. i made it sound like you bench it but bench it to your forehead lol.

Rep Points

You can look up most exercises on google - do a search for "skull crushers" and it'll tell you somewhere. I wasn't sure so I looked it up the other day, never done them yet though.

I believe the exercise involves laying on a flat bench with a barbell. Start with your arms straight up, then lower the barbell towards your forehead (working the triceps) and back up again. I'm guessing the name "skull crusher" comes from the fact that if you dropped the barbell at its lowest point, it'd hit you on the head!

Rep Points

ah right i know what u mean cheers guys

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    Ok your workout is terrible so drop it. Stop using weights you can't lift, your partner should not touch the weights untill your last set and rep if needed. Also get off the 6 rep for everything mode....as a beginner you really need to work on form and train in the 10+ rep range.
    so could i get some advice on what to change my workout to?

Functional Lifting = Life

Rep Points

See the threads at the very top of the Training forum labeled as stickies? Read 'em each twice.
    Push yourself. Enjoy yourself. Be yourself.
    Knowledge is power. Obsessed with functional strength. Journal

Rep Points

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/sh...ad.php?t=60738

read this and think about what he says, then try to use the information to create a workout....post it for feedback.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

My Little Man

Rep Points

Surely you've had SOME results. I see results after just a few sessions if I haven't lifted in a while. Anyway, whenever you aren't seeing results the answer is rarely to workout MORE often. This logic gives a newbie their status away. To your credit though, you are only 3 days a week which is good. Your program is a little mixed up though, lacking key movements and containing others not really neccessary. The exercises overlap too much and there is too much chest/tri and bi's and not enough of other stuff (squats appear briefly, no deadlifts, not much rowing etc) and you do bi's before your back and tri's before you chest. That is nuts!
    What this means is that when we drop a ball and it falls to the ground, it wasn't the ball that moved (down to the ground), but the ground that moved (up to the ball)

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KarlW
    Surely you've had SOME results. I see results after just a few sessions if I haven't lifted in a while. Anyway, whenever you aren't seeing results the answer is rarely to workout MORE often. This logic gives a newbie their status away. To your credit though, you are only 3 days a week which is good. Your program is a little mixed up though, lacking key movements and containing others not really neccessary. The exercises overlap too much and there is too much chest/tri and bi's and not enough of other stuff (squats appear briefly, no deadlifts, not much rowing etc) and you do bi's before your back and tri's before you chest. That is nuts!
    i do get results, i'm just not satisfied with them...i messed up when naming the exercises...i do them, just not in that order, it's usually compound exercises before the isolation

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I would stop doing isolation movements before compound...and read the stickies.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Your diet will set you free.

I hate exercise, I love training.

My Little Man

Rep Points

i do get results, i'm just not satisfied with them...i messed up when naming the exercises...i do them, just not in that order, it's usually compound exercises before the isolation
    Well then overall it's not TOO bad. Some modifications could be made but I doubt they would change your results dramatically. 6 weeks you say? You should have has something remotely satisfying in terms of results. Maybe your expectations are too high. Have you really considered what training should do for you or are you comparing yourself to Juiced up Pro's with 10 years training?..............Just a thought.
    What this means is that when we drop a ball and it falls to the ground, it wasn't the ball that moved (down to the ground), but the ground that moved (up to the ball)

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KarlW
    Well then overall it's not TOO bad. Some modifications could be made but I doubt they would change your results dramatically. 6 weeks you say? You should have has something remotely satisfying in terms of results. Maybe your expectations are too high. Have you really considered what training should do for you or are you comparing yourself to Juiced up Pro's with 10 years training?..............Just a thought.
    i'm comparing myself to my partner i do all this stuff with...we started out at the same strength level and i have surpassed him in the past 2 weeks, we started out at the basically the same height/weight (me - 6'1, 170lbs...him - 6'0, 160lbs) and have the same body types i'd say, but he seems to be looking better, faster...i probably shouldn't be comparing myself with others but it's tough not to.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

ok read the stickies and educate ur self and have a new workout and diet and be sure that u'll have faster progress........

My Little Man

Rep Points

i'm comparing myself to my partner i do all this stuff with...we started out at the same strength level and i have surpassed him in the past 2 weeks, we started out at the basically the same height/weight (me - 6'1, 170lbs...him - 6'0, 160lbs) and have the same body types i'd say, but he seems to be looking better, faster...i probably shouldn't be comparing myself with others but it's tough not to.
    So you're saying you've gotten stronger than him but he looks better than you?................Diet?

Rep Points

i guess that's what is has to be, but my diet isn't even that bad...it's something like this : bacon, toast, orange juice...protein shake...cereal/panda express/togos/make my own sandwhich...protein shake...meat, vegies, fruit

and no soda at all (which i'm really proud of )

nothing bad, so i don't see where i am going wrong...maybe not enough food?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

www.fitday.com this is where you could track your calories