NapsGear.net

AB cramps when doing abs... solution?

Rep Points

AB cramps when doing abs... solution?

I have a problem that I cannot find a solution for.... Whenever I work abs I am able to get through 1 or 2 sets and during my third set my abs and/or obliques will cramp up. It feels like a charlie horse in my abs or my side (it varies as to where it cramps up). The only way to get the pain/cramp to suside is to lay flat on my back or stand straight up. I have been working abs for years and have always varied up my ab workouts, but no matter what i do- I cramp up. I drink tons of water (peein clear) and have no other cramps (normally will cramp in calves when dehydrated/low on potassium. Any ideas? I have tried L-taurine in the diet with no help. I am not on anything beyond protein and vitamins. The cramps have only started in the last couple months ( 8 weeks) I thought I may have strained something and didnt work abs for 2 weeks, then slowly worked back into the usual ab routines but the same problems exist.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

If you have strained or pulled or god forbid torn a muscle, itll take a lot longer than 2 weeks to heal completely. It may take as many as 8. Maybe more depending on the seriousness of the injury.

How frequently do you train your abs exclusively. You could be overtraining.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

if it is a nutritional problem i suggest that u re arrange ur diet or send it here and ppl will reply if it's something related to conditioning then running and jogging will help though it seems u r well conditioned , also maybe u over trained your abs ( this is svery rare too ) ......

Rep Points

same thing happens to me when i do abs. But it usually happens on my second set. it hurts like hell. i cant sit for like 5 mins after without it killing me.

Pic is at 263-14% jan 06

Rep Points

sometimes low potassium levels can cause muscle cramps. I dont know though.
    These are my dreams, which I must make reality!

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Maybe you should do some dynamic warmups beforehand to get the blood flowing.

Maybe try eating a banana before working out.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Your diet will set you free.

I hate exercise, I love training.