• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Seeking Any Advice

chris1315

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey everyone,
Im just searchin for some advice on my goals for working out. I'm 18 years old, im about 5'8" and weight about 155-160lbs. I have a picture here of me now. My goal is to get more cut and gain muscle mass at the same time. I know everyone posts stuff about this, but i kinda wanted some specific advice for me, like to see what i should work on or what i shhould do. I've been working out off and on for a few years now but recently ive gotten serious about it, and i wanna do i the right way. Right now, i usually take a protein shake before and after each work out, along with creatine too, but i just started taking creatine. Id appreciate any suggestions or anything at all. And if you have any questions you can ask me anything too.

Thanks
Chris

I would cut the next 2 months....it is summer. then come Sept go for size, you do not need to bulk!!! You can keep the same body fat and gain muscle mass over the next year ( 10-15Lbs).

training

Alright, so how should i go about cutting?

chris1315 said:
Alright, so how should i go about cutting?
First read this and it's links
http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=21113

You have to figure out what you have been eating the last few months....take a guess and write it down, then figure out the Protein/fat/carb totals for every day. Then did you lose aft, gain fat or stay the same on your diet. If you have gained fat then you have to cut the carbs and fat down a little.

cutting

alright that helps alot. I've been trying to eat alot healthier lately aka eating more meat, and not snacking as much. But, ill stick with a list of the foods i found under that link you sent me. Should i actually keep count of how much of the food i take in each meal? or could i just go by one of the other diets that have been posted in other topics?

Chris

www.fitday.com to calculate ur calories and every thing and follow foreman's advice he's one of the most knoledgable here cut for the next months and when summer is over u'll have a big time to bulk to the next summer cause u must have small bf% at that time ......good luck

Don't forget to continue lifting heavy while you cut too. This will help insure that you maintain your lean mass. Don't fall for that high reps for definition bullshit that people spout all over the place.

However, diet is going to be key for you. Definitely make your way over to the diet & nutrition section and check out the stickies. Counting calories is a must for optimal alteration of body composition!

diet

Sounds like a good plan to me. Ill continue to eat healthy and record how much i take in each day.

what if he was to bulk the whole summer and start cutting in sept?..

IML Gear Cream!
Well, just going by how its summer, i would rather cut now, and then bulk up over the winter, and keep the same low body fat. I've been on a pretty good diet for a week now along with lifting and HIIT, and i can already see some progress. Thanks for the help guys.

You got a good chest and shoulders especially traps but i think u need to work on Ur lats post Ur back and legs to if u can.

alright ill see if i can get some more pictures on here, the thing about the lats that sucks is i dont have a lat pull down thing on my gym in my basement, its like the only thing im missing. And im going away to college at the end of summer, so a membership wouldnt be worth it, and i can workout at that gym too.

chris1315 said:
alright ill see if i can get some more pictures on here, the thing about the lats that sucks is i dont have a lat pull down thing on my gym in my basement, its like the only thing im missing. And im going away to college at the end of summer, so a membership wouldnt be worth it, and i can workout at that gym too.

Do rows and chinups/pullups. I hardly ever use the lat pulldown machine.

CowPimp said:
Do rows and chinups/pullups. I hardly ever use the lat pulldown machine.

i never use them too , i always thought it's easily cheated , by rear delts and traps ...also pull ups and chins have many other benefits like grip strength ...

unfortunately i dont have a pullup bar either, but i do rows now, i just put them into my workout a few days ago. The bent over rows hurt my back though, so i only stick to the one arm rows.

chris1315 said:
unfortunately i dont have a pullup bar either, but i do rows now, i just put them into my workout a few days ago. The bent over rows hurt my back though, so i only stick to the one arm rows.

Pullup bars are like $12. Or just use a door jamb or something.

yeah thats what i was thinking, i just have really low ceilings in my basement, but oh well ill figure it out, thanks for the help guys

Back