• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

hernia?

fet123

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok inthe past I had a inguinal hernia wish was taken care off by the doctor during a surgury. Well today I felt a light pain near my belly buttom to the left of it but pretty close to it. I am starting to think its umbilical hernia, I want to give it a couple of days before going to th e doctor hate going there. My question is could it be anything else besides a hernia, i dont really see a lump or anything like in my older hernia is just slight pain concentrated in that one part. The pain is only after hard work physical or if I push it. other wise its not noticible. Anyone out had umbilical hernias? what does it feel like?

any advise is greatly apreciated.
thanks

A hernia that occurs in the belly-button area is called an umbilical hernia.
A hernia that occurs in the groin area is called an inguinal hernia.

A hernia develops when the outer layers of the abdominal wall are weak, allowing the inner lining of the abdomen to push through this barrier and form a sac. A portion of the intestine or abdominal tissue slips into this sac, filling the sac and often causing it to bulge out or protrude beneath the skin.

???When this happens, you usually see a bulge at the hernia site,??? says Rebecca Evangelista,MD, a general surgeon at The George Washington University Hospital. ???Or, you may see the bulge when you cough or laugh, as the inner lining is pushed through the opening with the strain of your action.???

???It is important to note that the size of the bulge does not indicate the size of the defect of the abdominal wall,??? says Jason Brodsky,MD, a general surgeon at GW Hospital. ???We can feel the bulge, but we can???t always feel the defect, which can vary tremendously in size."

Different Types of Hernia

The three most common types of hernia are:

Inguinal (groin): Inguinal hernias account for 80 percent of all hernias. These hernias occur at the groin and are most common in men. Usually, the bulge is seen at the crease where the thigh meets the torso. An inguinal hernia may occur when weakened abdominal muscles are strained from heavy lifting, sudden twists or pulls or even chronic constipation. A dramatic increase in weight can also place pressure on the abdomen and cause an inguinal hernia.

Umbilical: These hernias occur at the navel when an opening in the abdominal wall doesn???t close as it should after birth. The hernia may first be noticed in a newborn, but it often closes by age two. Some hernias do not close, however, and a child may be referred for surgery. In adults, an umbilical hernia may occur if the area of the abdominal wall never closes fully and remains weak into adulthood.

The third type is an incisional hernia and is only present in patients with previous abdominal surgery.

Read this site for information on repair options.

Does this satify your informational needs?

Well I knew most of that information, but yes it helps a little. But my main question is if the pain might be related to an other condition and not a hernia. But thanks for the help. I apreciated

if you have pain, even after heavy work, I would go and get that checked out.

Back