• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Blood Sugar/Glycemic Index holy grail of weight loss?

studen77

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Guys, this is my daily diet/workout routine, i've been doing this for like 2 months now:

Wake: 6:30am
HIIT on elliptical machine 45min
breakfast: bowl of oatmeal or oatBran cereal, scoop or whey protein and water
work (throughout the day): 2-3 pieces of fruit, like a 1 and a half handful of shelled peanuts (for fat) 1/2 cup of grilled chicken breasts
home: pre- workout protein shake, in the gym no later than 6:30pm
post workout protein shake w/bowl of oatbran (the fiber and low GI of the oatbran keeps me satiated for the rest of the night
10:30 - bed

My goals: reducing body fat as much as possible; I'm 28yo, 5'9 159(naked)
pretty good build, just wanting to shed annoying remainder of fat

This took me from a high of 200lbs, and admittedly, I was disgustingly fat (December 2005), hated my body/appearance, yet I was determined to change things..

Is my diet adequate? Any room for improvement to cut additional fat?

Oh and BTW, I did a bit of research on the glycemic index thing and diet and I consistently read that the low GI foods are slow burners thus keeping you full longer which keeps ME out of the kitchen...plus because I had an addiction to 'sugary' high GI breakfast cereals, where after eating, I could 'feel' the spike in my blood sugar immediately; thus I cut them out and went strictly to coarse grains (thus the old-fashioned oatmeal/oatbran thing)

Anyway, is it accurate in making the generalization that keeping one's blood sugar within a 'norm' (without spiking or tanking) via low GI foods maintains weight?

Last edited:
Are you male or female? Either way, that is not enough food by no means.

Good job on the weight loss. At this point, I would concentrate on a clean diet and a good workout routine. You will loose fat and gain muscle. Don't worry about your weight. Go by looking in the mirror.
If you don't give your body needed proteins and fat, your fat loss will stop.

Don't my handul + 1/2 handful of shelled peanuts (with their high fat content) offer up the needed fat? I also upped my protein shakes to no less than 2-3 a day

Studen77 - congrats on the w/ loss - nice going man.

dg806 - Just how important is protein to losing weight? Stickies say to keep muscle mass while cutting, but if you had a protein deficiency in your diet, the weight loss would slow right down? As is blaringly obvious by the qusestion im new to this, and dietry info is not as strong point.

Protein is very important whether you're trying to build muscle or burn fat. Don't miss a feeding. Try not to go over 3 hours without eating/drinking some sort of protein. Real food when you can, a shake when you can't.

Back