NapsGear.net

Abs By Vince!

Thread: Abs By Vince!

Rep Points

Abs By Vince!

Just found my copy of Vince Gironda's, "The New Revised Master Abdominal Course"

an excerpt:

"I compare metabolism to a lamp wick. If your metabolic rate low, it is like a lamp wick that's turned down. It gives off a feeble flickering flame and it smokes because it is not burning properly (lack of oxygen). So it is with your metablic rate. If it is too low, you do not burn food properly, so you store it as fat. If your metabolic rate is high, the food you eat is burned as energy instead of being stored as fat!

The body builder with his limited references would attempt to solve this problem by including hundred of sit-ups and leg raises to his program. Also he would employ high reps on every body part, with little or no thought of diet and supplements. I have discovered that high reps and daily working the abdominals produce a smooth bloated look - due to excessive hormone loss.

------------------------------------------------

This 28 page manual is ancient, but loaded with exercises for abs (concentrating on isolation and contraction), mental tricks, exercise and diet, tips, and Vince's take on certain supps!

He disagreed with doing abs on a bulk, that sidebends trim the waistline, and that abs should be worked any differently than other muscles.

He was also way ahead of his times when he insists on page 24, calling it a myth that "Eating fat causes you to get fat" He says, "quite the contrary, fat burns fat!"

DP

First exercise: These are much harder than they look, expel your air and squeeze!

Same with this one, blow and hold, pull your sternum though your back! The longer you hold it with your air expelled, the more it hurts! Try it!

Follow the diagrams! This is my favorite!

This one above says "Hands on table beneath hips."

Sorry some text got cut off, the bottom line says "This movement also requires that you suck in your abdomen as you perform it!

Well that's it, sorry the diet is too HARDCORE to post!

DP

Amateur Bodybuilder

Rep Points

Vacuums helped me a lot when i got closer to my show. It also help on poses like front double biceps shot. Makes waist tiny and upper body blown up.
    Keep Educating, KNOWLEDGE is the POWER

Rep Points

Revisited!

DP

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

BUMP!
    ~Ann
    We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open.
    -Harry Edwards

"You Can`t Flex Fat"

Rep Points

Vince was way ahead of his time when it came to diet and training.Although some of his ideas were disproven, he was definately a pioneer,with some unique ideas ,that many disagreed with but he was correct.

Rep Points

I tried these last night out of curiousity and OMG I haven't felt a burn in my abs like this in a long time.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

DP .......I posted the following at the "best abdominal exercise thread", but maybe this is a better thread to ask you on , since it's yours, LOL....Repeat

DP............I checked out your "Abs By Vince", is that more for male body builders, any recommendations for me????????? I want to lose fat and build muscle, something I can do more than once a week, or what ever is recommended, this is my problem area, thanks.......

Rep Points

Originally posted by katie64
    DP .......I posted the following at the "best abdominal exercise thread", but maybe this is a better thread to ask you on , since it's yours, LOL....Repeat

DP............I checked out your "Abs By Vince", is that more for male body builders, any recommendations for me????????? I want to lose fat and build muscle, something I can do more than once a week, or what ever is recommended, this is my problem area, thanks.......

Abs are for everyone, Ann's 15 year old son, you , me, everyone......the only thing is just as there are beginner, intermediate and advanced exercises in general BB, the same applies to ab work! Injury can result w/o proper form or trying an exercise that is to difficult for your level.....these

DP

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dr. Pain [QUOTE]

Katie...the following what?

It was the bottom of that reply where it sarted again with DP, I just didn't get the quote right

I answered something on Ab Boot Camp...will look again

Yes you did answer on the boot camp, that's why I was asking if Vince's was good for women as well, thanks
    Each of us conceals an abyss, though few of us are aware of its existence, and even fewer dare to explore its vastness.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I just want to do what's right for my body
    Last edited by katie64; 04-19-2003 at 07:39 AM.
    Each of us conceals an abyss, though few of us are aware of its existence, and even fewer dare to explore its vastness.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

and this..........bump....