To Eat or Not To Eat....Fruit?

iwantmuscle2

Rep Points

To Eat or Not To Eat....Fruit?

O.k., this may be a nutty question, BUT...I have noticed in a lot of muscle mags and pics it might display a bodybuilder or 2 eating a meal. I see protein, carbs, and veggies. However, it is rare that I see a piece of fresh fruit on their plate. I am wanting to eat right to start gaining a little muscle and losing fat. So, should I cut the fruit out? My other question is...if I want to lose fat/gain muscle AND weight train for strength as well, what do I need to do as far as working out. Does it have to be one or the other?

Shannon

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

a diet without fruits is not healthy.... maybe cut the fruits to reach the increadibely low bf% after u are already 6-7%

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

to eat!
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Your diet will set you free.

I hate exercise, I love training.

Resident Stoner

Rep Points

Fruit contains good 'wet', bulky carbs as well as important phtytonutrients as well as things like fibre... Eat at least 3 or 4 serves a day.

Starting a fresh

Rep Points

If you watch pumping iron, Lou Ferrigno eats one if not two satsumas. and if I am not mistaken Arnie eats whole eggs.
    "Lift big, eat big, rest big"
    "Rome wasnt built in a day"
    "Go heavy or go home."

Food

Rep Points

Eat your damn fruits

And no, you dont have to remove fruits to get to a incredibly low fat percentage.

On the contrary, keeping your liver glycogen full will keep you in the fed state, making you less catabolic to an already catabolic calories restricted diet.

If you are consistent, it really shouldnt matter. Don't use it as an exclusive carb source however. 2-3 pieces of a fruit(a medium-large apple/orange, 2 kiwis is a 'piece') is ABSOLUTELY FINE.

Rep Points

Fruits are a carb. I think 2 servings of fruit a day plus 3-4 servings of veggies ED is best.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

If I had to guess I'd say bodybuilders don't eat much fruits cuz they've already stuffed themselves with all that protien and carbs and veggies there's not much room for anything else.

Green veggies also has fiber and some vitamins it in. But fruits has more. Fruits also have living enzymes and all that good stuff. Make sure you get it organic though.
    Good Day

Starting a fresh

Rep Points

I usually have protein/carbs/veggies/fruit & efas with every meal, is that over doin it a bit?
    "Lift big, eat big, rest big"
    "Rome wasnt built in a day"
    "Go heavy or go home."

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

i think no problem with it if you are bulking..... u could drop some veggies and replace it with calorie dense food if u want to raise your calories ...

if you are cutting u won't need fruits in every meal .. i'd suggest that u eat efas on every meal except post workout....wich must be fast absorbing carbs + protein .....protein must be on every meal.....carbs on all meals except prebed........and only fibrous and complex carbs after 6 pm....... eery thing will depend on your status / goals / program ....