• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Strength and Carb Depletion

Tough Old Man

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I just wondering if a person was to drop his total carbs down ea day to say 150 but keep his calorie intake up to maintence by way of Protein and good fats, would he lose Strength.

I know a couple bodybuilders that load up on sodium when they carb deplete and they maintain strength very well....they lose weight like madd, then drop water just before comp...

I wonder though, what's the point of carb depleting but still eating maintenance cals...you wouldn't lose any weight in theory...

PWGriffin said:
I know a couple bodybuilders that load up on sodium when they carb deplete and they maintain strength very well....they lose weight like madd, then drop water just before comp...

I wonder though, what's the point of carb depleting but still eating maintenance cals...you wouldn't lose any weight in theory...
Well actually I dropped cal's down by 200 for the first week. Then I'll drop them down another 100 the following week until down to 3000 cal's a day. Maintence for me is about 3500 + cal's a day. Not really sure at my present weight of 253 lbs. 3500 cal's at 235 lbs

depends on the person. for me, i have no trouble increasing strength on less than 75g carbs/day. I prefer low carb, i find that when i start eating more and more carbs, bodyfat gets out of control. Theres a good article @ T-Nation about low-carbing http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1138762

I think your ability to hit 1RMs would be pretty unaffected, but you may suffer some strength loss when moving down the intensity scale. As the dependence on glycogen as an energy source goes up, I would think the effect of this dietary change would become more pronounced.

Back