when does growth occur?

Rep Points

when does growth occur?

Does your body build muscle during the recovery process or only after your muscle has fully recovered?

Rep Points

It grows while you sleep. That's why you feel the soreness in the morning as soon as you wake up.
    Good Day

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Well it builds during the recovery process. Once completely rebuilt it is then bigger and stronger, if all the correct steps were taken.

Rep Points

"It grows while you sleep. That's why you feel the soreness in the morning as soon as you wake up."

K, but my question was when the growth occurs, during recovery or only after your muscles have recovered. I know we grow in our sleep.

"Well it builds during the recovery process. Once completely rebuilt it is then bigger and stronger, if all the correct steps were taken."

Thanks for the answer, that makes sense. I was confused because some sources say something like what you said, while other sources say your body builds more muscle only after said muscle has fully recovered.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Thats just my opinion, and thats what I have always read. Its always been said to break down muscle to refeed it so it will regrow bigger and stronger.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by 911=InsideJob
    It grows while you sleep. That's why you feel the soreness in the morning as soon as you wake up.
    Wrong!!!

It is going on all the time.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by drbenroth
    i heard that recovery is different to growth, and that the microtears etc have to heal before the muscle gets bigger.

I'm not so sure about that. Athlets train all day but still grow, they dont have time to fully heal. And I know one dude who trains intense and hits the same body part even though it isnt fully 100% yet but still became huge.

So I think growth and recovery are the same thing.
    Good Day

Rep Points

MM: How important is sleep for MMA fighters?

Frank Shamrock: It is extremely important. Sleep is when your body recharges, where your muscles heal, and where you grow stronger. I sleep at least eight hours a night and when I am training for a fight, I take 2-3 naps during the day. After each training session, I stretch, get a bite to eat, hydrate myself, put ice on something and take a quick thirty-minute nap. During that time your body shuts down completely, everything resets, if something is hurt, your body sends all of its energy there and lets the rest of you relax. One of the biggest problems for MMA athletes is over-training and creating injuries, not getting injured, but creating injuries due to being super tired and trying to train hard.
    Good Day

Rep Points

Well then 911=InsideJob, going by your logic, one would assume you could just lift weights 24/7 and become huge as a result. Since your body would be constantly in a state of recovery.

Why don't you test this out and get back to us in a month's time?

Rep Points

Huh? I said before that muscles grow and recover while you sleep. If you dont sleep enough you won't recover fast.

So lets test out your theory, sleep as little as possible and see if you grow or are able to recover fast. Come back in a months time and tell us how you do.
    Good Day

the unbanned

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by kcoleman
    Does your body build muscle during the recovery process or only after your muscle has fully recovered?
    why would your body be building muscle after it has fully recovered?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MyK
    why would your body be building muscle after it has fully recovered?
    I don't know, that's why I posted this thread. I've heard from certain sites than your body only begins to build more muscle once the muscle has been fully repaired/recovered.

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

The recovery process and growth are pretty much one in the same from my understanding. Your body just supercompensates if the stimulus is sufficient and you give yourself the nutrients to do so; in other words, you body "over-recovers."

I would say that much of the recovery process takes place while you sleep when your body releases the most hGh, but it is definitely recovering throughout the day as well. You just can't dedicate as many resources to recovery while awake because the energy requirement for you to move around and sustain life while concious is much greater than during sleep.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

The Damned
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CowPimp
    The recovery process and growth are pretty much one in the same from my understanding. Your body just supercompensates if the stimulus is sufficient and you give yourself the nutrients to do so; in other words, you body "over-recovers."

I would say that much of the recovery process takes place while you sleep when your body releases the most hGh, but it is definitely recovering throughout the day as well. You just can't dedicate as many resources to recovery while awake because the energy requirement for you to move around and sustain life while concious is much greater than during sleep.
    I would like to see a study where a subject was on a cycle of steriods, but didn't really work out....are there any out there?? Don't ask where I'm going with this heh....
    Quote Originally Posted by B40 View Post
    No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?
    yeah, that shit!!!

MySpace

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Now that's what I call a good answer.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by PWGriffin
    I would like to see a study where a subject was on a cycle of steriods, but didn't really work out....are there any out there?? Don't ask where I'm going with this heh....
    I would guess the person would blow up like a balloon with water retention and probably put on fat. Or maybe he magically gets stronger from doing his every day things like taking the stairs instead of an elevator.

Rep Points

Perfect answer!
    Good Day

Rep Points

During the 48-72 hour period post workout.

Rep Points

I would say it's an ongoing proccess for a person who trains 3-7 days a wk. It doesn't stop, then start again magically after some arbitrary number of hours post work out.
    "I don't like small cars or real big women, but somehow I always find myself in 'em" - KR