North Korea 'test-fires missile

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rep Points

North Korea 'test-fires missile

North Korea 'test-fires missile'

North Korea has test-fired a missile which landed in the Sea of Japan minutes later, Japanese media report.
    The missile was launched at 0332 Japan Time (1832 GMT) and crashed into the sea 600 km (373 miles) from the Japanese mainland, NHK TV said.

The public broadcaster quoted officials as saying the missile was unlikely to be the controversial Taepodong-2 which could reach parts of the US.

There were reports of a second missile launch, but no further details.

A Japanese government official was reported to have confirmed a missile had been launched by Pyongyang, but said it was unclear if it was the Taepodong-2.

The US television station CNN, citing two sources, said the missile was smaller than the Taepodong-2. It was not clear where the missile had been heading, or if it had had a target, the network added.

The US and North Korea's neighbours have been on heightened alert in recent days amid suspicions that Pyongyang was preparing to launch the Taepodong-2 from the Musudan-ri launch site in the north-east of the country.

On Monday, Pyongyang warned it would launch an "annihilating" nuclear strike if its atomic facilities were pre-emptively attacked by the United States.

Washington dismissed the threat as "deeply hypothetical" and urged the North Koreans to return to six-party talks aimed at curbing the country's nuclear activities. The talks stalled last year.

The Taepodong-2 has a range of up to 6,000 km (3,730 miles), putting parts of the US within striking distance.

The last time North Korea tested a long-range missile was in 1998, when it launched a Taepodong-1 over northern Japan.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...rea416x309.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5148648.stm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This comes straight after N. Korea threatened U.S. with 'nuclear war'

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html

" The Taepodong-2 missile could reach Alaska"

Should we blow them off the face of the earth
    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules;

Men respect people who deserve respect, simple as that.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I test fired a missile this morning. Had pretty good range on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    I will not kill innocents.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

6. Screw NK. I hope W drops a bomb on their ass!

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dg806

Good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.

Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

That is harsh.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Doublebase
    That is harsh.
    So is your smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    I will not kill innocents.

primeau

Rep Points

NK bluffed all the way....their long range launch was a total failure....they then shot off some short range missiles to save face.

They are a substantial threat that needs a careful watch.

We should work with SK and Japan for a more in depth intel on Kin Jong. I think we should instigate anger in Japan more than they are already...NK missiles ended up in the seas of Japan and any missile NK tries to launch long range will over Japan's airspace.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by lnvanry
    NK bluffed all the way....their long range launch was a total failure....they then shot off some short range missiles to save face.

They are a substantial threat that needs a careful watch.

We should work with SK and Japan for a more in depth intel on Kin Jong. I think we should instigate anger in Japan more than they are already...NK missiles ended up in the seas of Japan and any missile NK tries to launch long range will over Japan's airspace.
    I think Japan should send T-Rex over there.

primeau

Rep Points

if your really interest what life is like in NK...check out these photos and personal narratives

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ad.php?t=82755

its from a Russian who visited.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by topolo
    So is your smile.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

All we need to do is stop feeding the fuckers and they'll start to starve in 30 days or less.

Rep Points

if your really interest what life is like in NK...check out these photos and personal narratives

That was...................weird

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DOMS
    All we need to do is stop feeding the fuckers and they'll start to starve in 30 days or less.
    28 DAYS LATER
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

the unbanned

Rep Points

awesome post!

Windy City
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

It would ruin the South Korean economy.

The way to deal with this nut-case, Kim Jong Il, and North Korea is to go slow. Very slow.

There are 26+ million North Koreans and if the regime of Jong Il went down, it would hurt the South Korean Won, and the South would have to deal with it.

Kim Jong Il is a nutter, but change has to come slowly.
    It's an accurate statement that our current spending will not be increasing the debt We've stopped spending money that we don't have.

-- Jack Lew, then director of the Office of Management and Budget, in Feb. 16, 2011 testimony before the Senate Budget Committee.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Doublebase
    That is harsh.
    Correct. What we need to do is try peaceful means of resolving this. We should, through the UN, talk to them. By opening a dialog, we can convince the NK that this will lead to trouble. If that fails, we can try to get the UN to pass a resolution condeming them. That will straighten them out and let them know that if they keep this up, sanctions are coming.

The NK are reaonable people, diplomacy will work.
    "You took an oath to defend our flag and our freedom, and you kept that oath underseas and under fire." —George W. Bush, addressing war veterans, Washington, D.C., Jan. 10, 2006

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by god hand
    I think Japan should send T-Rex over there.
    u maybe thinking godzilla mate
    When you play for Celtic forget the Jersey forget the club, your playing for a people and a cause.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Typical.Liberal
    Correct. What we need to do is try peaceful means of resolving this. We should, through the UN, talk to them. By opening a dialog, we can convince the NK that this will lead to trouble. If that fails, we can try to get the UN to pass a resolution condeming them. That will straighten them out and let them know that if they keep this up, sanctions are coming.

Oh that will work!

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Esprit de Corps
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Typical.Liberal

You Role-play quite well.
    NEVER write a check with your mouth that you can't cash with your ASS!!

I can run faster mad than you can scared

"All right brain... I don't like you and you don't like me. So let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer" ~ Homer Simpson

%
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

It's quite a dilemma. Nuclear proliferation will increase. That's the historical trend. The US, Great Britain, India, Pakistan, Russia, France, China, Israel (allegedly) and now North Korea. That's not counting all the countries which have nuclear capabilities but not a weapons program (dirty bombs). Technology advances over time. Can the US stamp out every disagreeable weapons program through war?

I don't think that we have the resources to blow up everyone that acquires the bomb.

Nuclear proliferation raises many very very complex problems. Is mutually assured destruction the best way? Or invasion/attack? Or diplomacy? Or some mixture.

Treaties, like the non-proliferation pact, are effective. Refine and improve peaceful means to defusing nuclear war. MAD worked too.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The fuckers who are near starvation there, aren't the one's who fired the missile.Those who did will remain well fed.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nick+
    The fuckers who are near starvation there, aren't the one's who fired the missile.Those who did will remain well fed.
    Maybe they'll do something about those they are in charge of the missiles. If not, they can feel free to starve to death.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Maybe they'll do something about those they are in charge of the missiles. If not, they can feel free to starve to death.
    It's nice to see 'freedom of choice' in action..........

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nick+
    It's nice to see 'freedom of choice' in action..........
    They're an enemy of the US, why the hell should we feed them?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

We tried starving Cuba and even trained rebels to overthrow Castro.......what is it now 7 Presidents and and Fidel Castro is still there.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Cuba is not quite NK. NK's situation is much more dire. Read up on it.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

They're an enemy of the US, why the hell should we feed them?
    Because we are idiots. Didn't we feed Russia during the Cold war? Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they have a surpluss of food that we sent them that never made it to the citizens?

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee
    Because we are idiots. Didn't we feed Russia during the Cold war? Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they have a surpluss of food that we sent them that never made it to the citizens?
    This is almost always how it is. At least in NK, the food really does make it to the people. If it didn't, there would be a famine. They've had a severe food shortage for over 11 years.

They lack the machinery and the land to produce enough crops to feed themselves. In addition to the US (through the WMF), South Korea helps to sustain them by providing for the majority of the fertilizer needs.

And it's only going to get worse. Their machinery is falling apart. They lack the ability to produce the parts themselves, and their only real export is weapons, which doesn't provide enough income The market is very competitive and the margins are too small.

They survive only through the charity of others, most of which is provided by the US.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Decker
    Can the US stamp out every disagreeable weapons program through war?

I don't think that we have the resources to blow up everyone that acquires the bomb.
    I don't think we have a choice. We have the capability, no doubt, but do we want to go there? With all the warnings that were given from all the different countries and they still went ahead with the test, do you think they can be trusted? Why is developing a nuclear weapon more important than feeding the people of your nation? If they don't care about them, what do you think their opinion about the rest of us are?

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

I think it is a ploy for attention. Look at the timing of yesterdays launches. While the rest of the world was glued to the Discovery launch...............All the attention on Iran right now and oil. They are sitting over there saying "hey look at us. We're going to shoot a missle off. " It could be a cry for help. But we can't afford to let them keep doing what they are doing.