• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

North Korea 'test-fires missile

god hand

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
North Korea 'test-fires missile'

North Korea has test-fired a missile which landed in the Sea of Japan minutes later, Japanese media report.
The missile was launched at 0332 Japan Time (1832 GMT) and crashed into the sea 600 km (373 miles) from the Japanese mainland, NHK TV said.

The public broadcaster quoted officials as saying the missile was unlikely to be the controversial Taepodong-2 which could reach parts of the US.

There were reports of a second missile launch, but no further details.

A Japanese government official was reported to have confirmed a missile had been launched by Pyongyang, but said it was unclear if it was the Taepodong-2.

The US television station CNN, citing two sources, said the missile was smaller than the Taepodong-2. It was not clear where the missile had been heading, or if it had had a target, the network added.

The US and North Korea's neighbours have been on heightened alert in recent days amid suspicions that Pyongyang was preparing to launch the Taepodong-2 from the Musudan-ri launch site in the north-east of the country.

On Monday, Pyongyang warned it would launch an "annihilating" nuclear strike if its atomic facilities were pre-emptively attacked by the United States.

Washington dismissed the threat as "deeply hypothetical" and urged the North Koreans to return to six-party talks aimed at curbing the country's nuclear activities. The talks stalled last year.

The Taepodong-2 has a range of up to 6,000 km (3,730 miles), putting parts of the US within striking distance.

The last time North Korea tested a long-range missile was in 1998, when it launched a Taepodong-1 over northern Japan.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...rea416x309.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5148648.stm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This comes straight after N. Korea threatened U.S. with 'nuclear war'

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html

" The Taepodong-2 missile could reach Alaska"

Should we blow them off the face of the earth:rolleyes:

I test fired a missile this morning. Had pretty good range on it.

6. Screw NK. I hope W drops a bomb on their ass!

dg806 said:

Good idea. :welldone:

dg806 said:

That is harsh.

NK bluffed all the way....their long range launch was a total failure....they then shot off some short range missiles to save face.

They are a substantial threat that needs a careful watch.

We should work with SK and Japan for a more in depth intel on Kin Jong. I think we should instigate anger in Japan more than they are already...NK missiles ended up in the seas of Japan and any missile NK tries to launch long range will over Japan's airspace.

lnvanry said:
NK bluffed all the way....their long range launch was a total failure....they then shot off some short range missiles to save face.

They are a substantial threat that needs a careful watch.

We should work with SK and Japan for a more in depth intel on Kin Jong. I think we should instigate anger in Japan more than they are already...NK missiles ended up in the seas of Japan and any missile NK tries to launch long range will over Japan's airspace.
I think Japan should send T-Rex over there.

DOMS said:
All we need to do is stop feeding the fuckers and they'll start to starve in 30 days or less.
28 DAYS LATER

dg806 said:

It would ruin the South Korean economy.

The way to deal with this nut-case, Kim Jong Il, and North Korea is to go slow. Very slow.

There are 26+ million North Koreans and if the regime of Jong Il went down, it would hurt the South Korean Won, and the South would have to deal with it.

Kim Jong Il is a nutter, but change has to come slowly.

Doublebase said:
That is harsh.

Correct. What we need to do is try peaceful means of resolving this. We should, through the UN, talk to them. By opening a dialog, we can convince the NK that this will lead to trouble. If that fails, we can try to get the UN to pass a resolution condeming them. That will straighten them out and let them know that if they keep this up, sanctions are coming.

The NK are reaonable people, diplomacy will work.

god hand said:
I think Japan should send T-Rex over there.

u maybe thinking godzilla mate

Typical.Liberal said:
Correct. What we need to do is try peaceful means of resolving this. We should, through the UN, talk to them. By opening a dialog, we can convince the NK that this will lead to trouble. If that fails, we can try to get the UN to pass a resolution condeming them. That will straighten them out and let them know that if they keep this up, sanctions are coming.

Oh that will work!:rolleyes:

Typical.Liberal said:

You Role-play quite well.

It's quite a dilemma. Nuclear proliferation will increase. That's the historical trend. The US, Great Britain, India, Pakistan, Russia, France, China, Israel (allegedly) and now North Korea. That's not counting all the countries which have nuclear capabilities but not a weapons program (dirty bombs). Technology advances over time. Can the US stamp out every disagreeable weapons program through war?

I don't think that we have the resources to blow up everyone that acquires the bomb.

Nuclear proliferation raises many very very complex problems. Is mutually assured destruction the best way? Or invasion/attack? Or diplomacy? Or some mixture.

Treaties, like the non-proliferation pact, are effective. Refine and improve peaceful means to defusing nuclear war. MAD worked too.

IML Gear Cream!
DOMS said:
All we need to do is stop feeding the fuckers and they'll start to starve in 30 days or less.

The fuckers who are near starvation there, aren't the one's who fired the missile.Those who did will remain well fed.

Nick+ said:
The fuckers who are near starvation there, aren't the one's who fired the missile.Those who did will remain well fed.

Maybe they'll do something about those they are in charge of the missiles. If not, they can feel free to starve to death.

DOMS said:
Maybe they'll do something about those they are in charge of the missiles. If not, they can feel free to starve to death.
It's nice to see 'freedom of choice' in action..........

We tried starving Cuba and even trained rebels to overthrow Castro.......what is it now 7 Presidents and and Fidel Castro is still there.

DOMS said:
They're an enemy of the US, why the hell should we feed them?
Because we are idiots. Didn't we feed Russia during the Cold war? Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they have a surpluss of food that we sent them that never made it to the citizens?

min0 lee said:
Because we are idiots. Didn't we feed Russia during the Cold war? Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they have a surpluss of food that we sent them that never made it to the citizens?

This is almost always how it is. At least in NK, the food really does make it to the people. If it didn't, there would be a famine. They've had a severe food shortage for over 11 years.

They lack the machinery and the land to produce enough crops to feed themselves. In addition to the US (through the WMF), South Korea helps to sustain them by providing for the majority of the fertilizer needs.

And it's only going to get worse. Their machinery is falling apart. They lack the ability to produce the parts themselves, and their only real export is weapons, which doesn't provide enough income The market is very competitive and the margins are too small.

They survive only through the charity of others, most of which is provided by the US.

Decker said:
Can the US stamp out every disagreeable weapons program through war?

I don't think that we have the resources to blow up everyone that acquires the bomb.
I don't think we have a choice. We have the capability, no doubt, but do we want to go there? With all the warnings that were given from all the different countries and they still went ahead with the test, do you think they can be trusted? Why is developing a nuclear weapon more important than feeding the people of your nation? If they don't care about them, what do you think their opinion about the rest of us are?

I think it is a ploy for attention. Look at the timing of yesterdays launches. While the rest of the world was glued to the Discovery launch...............All the attention on Iran right now and oil. They are sitting over there saying "hey look at us. We're going to shoot a missle off. " It could be a cry for help. But we can't afford to let them keep doing what they are doing.

Back