• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Waxy-maize starch

pengers84

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What do the mods & nutrition experts think of waxy Maize Starch post-workout?

I have read that thread. The reason I posted this here was to find out what the nutrition mods thought of it as i have not seen any posts from them in the supplement forum.

well it's a supplement so people in diet forum wouldn't comment

It's like saying whats your opinion on creatine monohydrate post workout

here's my take: waxy maize is relatively new stuff. It might or might not be a magic bullet. I say, why use something thats not proven the way malto and dextro are? Get some research behind it and then I will give it a go. Personally, I dislike fast carbs after a workout. Jodi got me into using oats, fruit, yogurt and whey.

And I really dont give a shit if Vitargo is made with this stuff. Its still unproven and people noticed no discerning results when comparing the three products overall.

Fair enough, may as well stick with whey, fruit and oats PWO!

juggernaut said:
here's my take: waxy maize is relatively new stuff. It might or might not be a magic bullet. I say, why use something thats not proven the way malto and dextro are? Get some research behind it and then I will give it a go. Personally, I dislike fast carbs after a workout. Jodi got me into using oats, fruit, yogurt and whey.
:thumbs:

GoPro has a lot of knowledge behind him but even he has stated that he's a die-hard ecto.
So, fast(er) gylcogen replacement may be more important for that somatotype. A person with insulin resistance issues, slower metabolisms (endo), or advancing age might not benefit as much. You really shouldn't eat with just muscle in mind. You have to eat for your whole body, boosting energy, immunity, slowing down the aging process, yadda, yadda, yadda. In the grand scheme of things, eating whole food versus everything else out there (supps) probably amounts to less of an "edge" in real world performance than we believe. Hard training, good food, lots of quality sleep, low stress.

Part of the game is mental....so if you think something gives you an edge....well then....it does :) and there's really nothing wrong with that.

All that said, I still like creatine and whey ;)

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
Gordo said:
GoPro has a lot of knowledge behind him but even he has stated that he's a die-hard ecto.
So, fast(er) gylcogen replacement may be more important for that somatotype. A person with insulin resistance issues, slower metabolisms, and advancing age might not benefit as much. You really shouldn't eat with just muscle in mind. You have to eat for your whole body, boosting energy, immunity, slowing down the aging process, yadda, yadda, yadda.

You calling me old you little fuck?:mad:

Actually that wasn't really directed at anybody....just sort of generalizing.

Just meant that metabolisms get slower as we get older....the nature of the beast.

Hopefully you're just focken with me....but I wasn't speaking to anyone in general just throwing in two coppers. ;)

Back