Cemproducts.com

Total Test = Worthless?

Rep Points

Total Test = Worthless?

So I asked my doc to run my blood for free testosterone, he said ok. I get the confirmation e-mail today (because you can check it online through my insurance) and it says my bloodwork was sent in for TOTAL Testosterone, not Free.

This is the first I've had my blood drawn and checked; is the Total T a worthless test for bodybuilders?
    Let's all join together and SPEAK ENGLISH IN AMERICA.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

I dont see why it would be worthless, but free T is certainly nice to know. I dont think any ONE of those tests is going to be worthless or amazing information on its own, its having so much information that helps tell the story.

So if I looked at T, I'd like to know as much as possible, if I felt it was worth the money to get tested on.

Maybe your doc didn't know, that you knew what you were talking about - and just said "yeah ok."

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mudge
    I dont see why it would be worthless, but free T is certainly nice to know. I dont think any ONE of those tests is going to be worthless or amazing information on its own, its having so much information that helps tell the story.

So if I looked at T, I'd like to know as much as possible, if I felt it was worth the money to get tested on.

Maybe your doc didn't know, that you knew what you were talking about - and just said "yeah ok."
    good advice

AG-Guys
    www.AG-Guys.com

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by musclepump
    So I asked my doc to run my blood for free testosterone, he said ok. I get the confirmation e-mail today (because you can check it online through my insurance) and it says my bloodwork was sent in for TOTAL Testosterone, not Free.

This is the first I've had my blood drawn and checked; is the Total T a worthless test for bodybuilders?
    Shit my last blood test my Dr wouldn't even check the Test levels. He said we already know there high from the last test we did and we don't want to raise a flag with the insurance company running Testosterone test all the time.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tough Old Man
    Shit my last blood test my Dr wouldn't even check the Test levels. He said we already know there high from the last test we did and we don't want to raise a flag with the insurance company running Testosterone test all the time.

Hmmmm? My doc's great! he runs a full blood work once a month, test,free test, estradiol, fsh,psh..... and my insurance has never said boo!

The insurance even covers arimidex, noverell and novaladex.

My doc was carfull to document that I have "hypogonadism" so I need to be "monitored".

I guess every insurance is different....but at 53 T O M, your doc should be able to make a good case for you.