High Protein Diet / Beverly

Rep Points

Question HIGH PROTEIN DIET - PLEASE A FEW MORE ?? W8 / DP

I STARTED MY HIGH PROTEIN DIET TODAY, AND AM USING FOUR PROTEIN SHAKES DURING THE DAY, AND THEN HAVE CHICKENBREAST STIRFRIED WITH OLIVE OIL AND VEGGIES AT NITE. I AM USING A PROTEIN BLEND OF CASEIN / EGG WHITE / WHEY FOR MY SHAKES. WHAT IS THE BEST RATIO FOR ANABOLISM AND ANTI CATABOLISM? THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN USING TODAY SO FAR:
    15 G CASEIN / 15 G EGG / 10 G WHEY, MIXED WITH WATER AND SOME FLAX SEED OIL OR SAFFLOWER OIL AND HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM. IS THAT OK? SHOULD THE WHEY BE LOWER?

ALSO, REGARDING THE POST WORKOUT SHAKES:
    DO YOU HAVE TO EAT THOSE 3-4 STRAWBERRIES POST WORKOUT, OR WOULD THE SHAKE OF JUST PROTEIN AND CREAM / OIL DO JUST FINE AS WELL?
    SHOULD THE PROTEIN BE JUST WHEY AFTER WORKING OUT OR IS A BLEND BETTER ON THIS DIET?
    IS THIS SHAKE AN ADDITIONAL MEAL ON TRAINING DAYS, OR ARE THE MEALS / NUTRIENT INTAKE THE SAME REGARDLESS?

I APOLOGIZE FOR SO MANY QUESTIONS AT ONCE, BUT I JUST NEED TO KNOW. I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!!
    THANX !
    Last edited by cytrix; 05-04-2002 at 05:10 PM.

Rep Points

DP AND W8, PLEASE HELP!

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

My recommendation is eat more real food, at least 3 meals as food and 2 shakes.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Rep Points

Re: HIGH PROTEIN DIET - PLEASE A FEW MORE ?? W8 / DP

Originally posted by cytrix
    I STARTED MY HIGH PROTEIN DIET TODAY, AND AM USING FOUR PROTEIN SHAKES DURING THE DAY, AND THEN HAVE CHICKENBREAST STIRFRIED WITH OLIVE OIL AND VEGGIES AT NITE. I AM USING A PROTEIN BLEND OF CASEIN / EGG WHITE / WHEY FOR MY SHAKES. WHAT IS THE BEST RATIO FOR ANABOLISM AND ANTI CATABOLISM? THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN USING TODAY SO FAR:
    15 G CASEIN / 15 G EGG / 10 G WHEY, MIXED WITH WATER AND SOME FLAX SEED OIL OR SAFFLOWER OIL AND HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM. IS THAT OK? SHOULD THE WHEY BE LOWER?

I don't know, I can't answer this for you. But I'm curious...are you having 4 shakes in a row and then only having one whole-food meal?...Cause that ain't healthy!

ALSO, REGARDING THE POST WORKOUT SHAKES:
    DO YOU HAVE TO EAT THOSE 3-4 STRAWBERRIES POST WORKOUT, OR WOULD THE SHAKE OF JUST PROTEIN AND CREAM / OIL DO JUST FINE AS WELL?

You can go w/o the strawberries, but they do offer fibre!

SHOULD THE PROTEIN BE JUST WHEY AFTER WORKING OUT OR IS A BLEND BETTER ON THIS DIET?

Again, I'm not sure, my guess would be the blended protein, but I don't know.

IS THIS SHAKE AN ADDITIONAL MEAL ON TRAINING DAYS, OR ARE THE MEALS / NUTRIENT INTAKE THE SAME REGARDLESS?

Just have your regular 6 meals a day, regardless of whether it's a training day or not.

I APOLOGIZE FOR SO MANY QUESTIONS AT ONCE, BUT I JUST NEED TO KNOW. I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!!
    THANX !

Rep Points

Yes, they are correct, at least 3 solid meals, more if possible and then shakes!

With fat and fiber to control insulin surging, it is less important to get multi-species proteins, but whey mixed with egg and or casein is good!

DP

Rep Points

YES, I HAVE FOUR SHAKES IN A ROW, AT 9 AM, 1 PM, 4 PM AND 8 PM, AND THEN WHEN I GET HOME AT I HAVE A GOOD POUND OF VEGGIES (BROKKOLI, CAULIFLOWER, RED PEPPERS, CELERY AND ZUCHINI) AND 8 OZ CHICKEN BREAST STIRFRIED IN OLIVE OIL AT AROUND 11 PM. THE SHAKES ARE VERY CONVENIENT AND TASTE GREAT. I LET IT ALWAYS STAND FOR A WHILE, SO IT GETS THICK. I ALSO TAKE 4 G CARNITINE, AS WELL AS A HIGH POTENCY MULTI VITAMIN AND MINERAL SUPPLEMENT PLUS EXTRA CALCIUM, SELENIUM, VIT E, AND VIT C. IT'S DIFFICULT TO KEEP A SALAD COLD AT WORK, SO I JUST EAT VEGGIES (A LOT THOUGH) AT NITE. I WOURK FROM 11 AM UNTIL 9 OR 1O PM DURING THE WEEK (WITH A 2-3 HOUR BREAK, WHERE I USUALLY TRAIN). I MEAN, WHY IS WHOLE FOOD BETTER THEN A SHAKE? I COULD HAVE TUNA WITH MAYO FOR EXAMPLE INSTEAD OF A SHAKE, BUT WHY WOULD THAT BE HEALTHIER? I MEAN, I DO GET MY VEGGIES IN ANYWAY? SO FAR I FEEL PRETTY GOOD ENERGY WISE, IT'S THE SECOND DAY NOW.
    AND, THANX FOR YOUR REPLIES!!!

Rep Points

Protein powder is meant to SUPPLEMENT your nutritional plan, you can not rely on it solely...you're getting 1 whole food meal a deal! You can not expect any good results from this diet at all!

Like DP said, at most 3 shakes in between whole-food meals....you're not doing your body good w/ this.

Rep Points

Originally posted by w8lifter
    Protein powder is meant to SUPPLEMENT your nutritional plan, you can not rely on it solely...you're getting 1 whole food meal a deal! You can not expect any good results from this diet at all!

Like DP said, at most 3 shakes in between whole-food meals....you're not doing your body good w/ this.
    OK, I'M GONNA ADD AT LEAST A SOLID BREAKFAST, BECAUSE I TRUST YOU ALL ON THIS ONE!