1. Bake or grill weighed portion of chicken
2. Boil measured amount of rice
3. In saucepan, heat "measured amount" ( according to label) of Healthy Choice spaghetti sauce.
4. Add garlic,onions,chili powder,peppers and paprika to taste(1-2 teaspoons of each)
5. On serving dish lay rice, 1/2 the sauce, chicken. Place remaining sauce and Healthy Choice fat free pizza cheese on top (check label should be 1/4 cup).
(1) 1 can of tuna packed in spring water, drain
(2) 1/3 cup of quick oats
(3) 2 egg whites
(4) 1/2 cup of chopped onions (optional)
(5) Mix together and mold into patty
(6) Pan fry in skillet with Pam until toasty.
Try adding a picante or hot sauce on top of the patty when cooked for a real zesty treat. Kcal-325, Protein- 50 gms Carbs 18gms, fat 0
Foil Baked Fish
1. Place fish in tinfoil (weigh your portion)
2. Top with 1/4 -1/2 cup fat free Italian dressing (check label for carbs & sugar)
3. Top with sliced onions and tomatoes.
4. Fold & close tinfoil so it makes a packet.
5. Bake at 375 * for 25 minutes.
**note: this recipe is great because there is very little cleanup!!
Tuna & Rice Delight
1. Prepare your portion of brown rice as usual.
2. Sautee your portion of tuna in skillet (sprayed with cooking spray) along with chopped onion and green pepper.
3. As tuna begins to brown, add a little water (for moisture), add cooked rice and season with Mrs Dash, McCormick salt free seasoning blend or other acceptable seasonings.
4. For an extra "taste sensation" add a small amount of Molly McButter Cheese flavored sprinkles or Roasted Garlic flavored sprinkles (use sparingly!!).
Tasty Tuna Over Rice - (recipe feeds two people)
1. in large skillet saute green/red peppers and onions in water
2. add two cans of drained tuna
3. add one can of tomato paste - after water in skillet is evaporated
4. add black pepper and garlic powder
5. simmer on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes
Enjoy over brown rice!!!
(You could also enjoy over a baked potatoe or pasta!)
1. Slice and boil potatoes or use pre-sliced ones in a can (much easier ).
2. Spray fat free Pam cooking spray in frying pan (heavily).
3. Fry 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup peppers for 2-3 minutes (med/med-high heat)
4. Add potatoes to pan. Cook until golden brown.
5. Season with chili powder, paprika and garlic salt (if gets real dry add more spray)
Fake French Fries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice one potato into very thin "french fry" pieces
3. Spray cookie sheet with Pam
4. Place potato pieces on the cookie sheet
5. Spray potato pieces lightly with Pam
6. Coat with Mrs Dash or salt free Cajun Spices
7. Bake 25-30 minutes
As good as the real thing!
** This recipe can also be used with green beans, just watch to be sure they don't shrivel too much!
1. Pour 28 ounces diced tomatoes in a frying pan
2. Add: 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup peppers, 2 tablespoons paprika, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
3. Add 2 cup uncooked rice simmer until done
* makes more than one serving, measure portion size desired
*can add hot sauce to taste.
1. Heat frying pan sprayed with Pam on med/high heat.
2. Crack and separate egg whites directly into pan.
3. Cover and heat about 3-5 minutes (will have 1 or 2 "big bubbles" when done).
4. Pour 1/2 cup salsa onto one side of eggs and 1/4 cup Healthy Choice pizza cheese on salsa.
5. Fold and serve.
* You can use 1/2 the eggs and add diced chicken (weighed out to obtain remaining amount of protein source needed) stirfried in chili powder to spice it up!
(1) 3 egg whites
(2) 1/2 tsp cream of tartar, (spice) optional
(3) Beat egg whites and tartar together until foamy
(4) add 1/4 cup of equal
(5) add 2 cups of quick oats
(6) add 2 scoops of whey protien= 200 Kcals
(7) cook for 30 minutes @ 275 degrees
Yields 16 cookies. Each cookie: 48 kcals, 5gms protien, 7 gms carbs 0 gms fat.
You can change the flavor of the cookie by adding different flavors of whey protien, i.e. chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, etc. It's not as tasty as a double stuff Oreo, but when you are dieting it sure is a nice treat.
Crunchy Pizza Snacks
8 reduced fat Triscuits (24 carbs)
1. Top with 1 teaspoon salsa.
2. Measure 1/4 cup fat free healthy choice pizza cheese and sprinkle on top.
3. Heat in oven @ 425 degrees for 5-10 min (until cheese melts)
* Enjoy them with a protein drink to balance it as a full meal.
1. In a blender combine black coffee and flavored coffee mate (whichever one you like).
2. Add ProMRP, 1tsp.coolwhip, ice, and equal to taste.
3. Have as a meal replacement or if you are hungry and already had all your meals, have just coffee, w/extract of vanilla or almond, w/ice and 1 tsp cool whip and equal and enjoy.
Turkey Scaloppini By Bruce Goes
1 pk. breast slices (1lb.)
1 pk skiced mushrooms
2 tbl. cappers
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp crushed basil
1 tsp chopped parsley
Juice of 1/2 lemon lightly bread turkey slices w/ whole wheat flour & lightly brown in skillet coated w/pam transfer to casserole dish in same skillet add more pam, and sauté mushrooms garlic cappers for 3 minutes. Add wine, basil, parsley, chicken stock. reduce for 8 min than add lemon juice. Pour over turkey slices. cover and bake in 400 oven for 20 min. Serve w/ brown rice or sweet potato and spinach. enjoy........serves 2 or 3.
Low Fat Chili
2 pounds ground beef (drained and rinsed with hot water for less fat)
3 medium chopped onions
1/2 tsp garlic powder
28 oz crushed canned tomato
2 tsp sugar
6T plus 1 tsp chili powder
4 tsp salt
2 1/3 packets chili seasoning mix
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
24 oz kidney beans
10 cups water
Rinse kidney beans well (you will actually find a few stones in the bag of beans, just pick them out)
Boil kidney beans for 2 minutes, let stand 1 hour, then simmer 2 hours (or you can soak beans overnight and simmer 2 hours in the morning)
Ground beef in frying pan, drain and rinse with hot water
Add ground beef and remainder of above ingredients to cooked beans and water
Simmer on stove for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally or put in roasting pan covered on 200 (or temperature that allows it to simmer for up to 4 hours) the longer you simmer the better it taste.
Chili will thicken after taken off stove or out of oven so don't be fooled that it is too watery.
Calories 247 protein 17.4 fat 6.3 (less it you rinsed the ground beef) sodium 922mg
If you add another pound of ground beef your fat content will be 9.3 g (when you rinse ground beef with hot water you are getting a lot less fat then is stated, the amount of fat that is cut I have heard is at least 1/3 if not more.
Top with fat free or light cheddar cheese but don't forget to add the extra protein and or fat.
Low Fat Lasagna
1 pound 93% ground beef
1 cup Parmesan grated cheese FAT FREE
14 ounces Lasagna noodles (do not boil)
56 ounces Prince spag sauce - meatless
1 1/3 cups Mozzarella low fat cheese (Sorrento)
2 ounces Mozzarella cheese (regular)
2 cups Tomatoes diced (Delmonte)
1 3/4 cups water
4 ounces Egg product
32 ounces Ricotta cheese FAT FREE
2-3 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper
1 T Parsley dried
3/4 tsp Salt
Preheat oven at 350
Brown Hamburg and drain (if you rinse with hot or boiling water you will have less fat
Combine parmesan, ricotta and egg product, dried parsley and mix well.
In separate bowl combine spaghetti sauce, water, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, red pepper & salt
Spray lasagna pan with Pam spray, spread 2/3 to 1 cup of sauce (depending on the size of pan you use) on bottom of pan layer with uncooked noodles, then cheese mixture then sauce. Repeat layering ending with sauce. You can then top with fat free mozzarella cheese (don't forget to add the extra protein to the allow nutritional analysis.
Cover tightly with foil and bake 1 hour.
Protein 27 g (plus add for fat free mozzarella cheese if added to top of lasagna)
Carb 40 g
Fat 5.1 g (Less if you rinsed the ground beef, which does loose a little of the flavor)
Sodium 525 g
Low Fat Cheesecake
3 8oz fat free cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 oz egg product
2 tsp real lemon juice (in green bottle)
9 low fat graham crackers (that's 9 rectangular sections)
Using electric mixer, beat together softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until blended. Add egg substitute, lemon juice. Beat enough to blend, no more.
Spray non-stick butter spray (Mazola on to bottom and sides of 8 inch spring form pan or 9" pie plate or 8" cake pan. If you do not use a spring form pan the cheesecake will rise and fall but this is if crush crackers into fine crumbs in a plastic sandwich bag with rolling pin.
Coat pan with crumbs, shake pan so crumbs cling to bottom and sides. Shake excess crumbs into bowl.
Pour cream cheese mixture in pan. Dust top with remaining crumbs.
BAKE 45-50 minutes cheesecake is done when a knife inserted into the center is almost clean and when the knife comes out clean when inserted into the side.
Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
Southwestern Chicken Stew By Karen Sullivan
1 1/2 c. salsa, your choice of heat
allotted chicken portion, cooked, and chopped or shredded
1 small summer squash, sliced in half lengthwise, and then cut in halves,like
half moon shapes
1 small zucchini, cut the same way
1 red skinned or new potato, allotted portion, cut into small pieces
garlic powder to taste
hot sauce/pepper to taste, optional
In small saucepan put the slasa. Add the cut up potato and squashes, garlic and pepper or hot sauce if using. Cook over low heat until potato and squashes are cooked, stirring frequently so that the salsa doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Add chicken and heat until hot. Serves 1 generously.
Mock Italian Potato Salad By Karen Sullivan
1 red skinned potato, allotted portion, cut and boiled as for potato salad
2-3 sprays of olive oil pam/misto spray
chopped garlic, about 1 tsp. or more, to taste
fresh basil, about 4-5 leaves, julienned
Spray potato once with olive oil spray. Toss with garlic and julienned basil. Spray again and toss. Serve at room temp.
Grilled Potatoes By Karen Sullivan
1 potato, red skinned or new, allotted portion, sliced
dried tarragon, garlic powder to taste
1 onion, sliced and separated into rings
2 tbsp. water
Tear off a good sized sheet of aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray. Top with sliced potato and onions. Sprinkle with tarragon and garlic. Spray top of potatoes with cooking spray. Add water. Seal u[p package. Cook over grill for about 10-15 minutes. Note: You can change seasonings--try rosemary, dill or parsley. Also can add peppers, sliced and sliced mushrooms, but may have to increase water to 3 tbsp.
Lemon Chicken By Karena Farrel
Place 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a baking dish (spray dish with Pam 1st). In a bowl, mix 1/2 c of fat free chicken broth, minced garlic, pepper, onion powder, 2-4tbs of lemon juice, and 2 tbs cooking sherry. Pour the mixture over the chicken and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Serve with rice and broccoli. You can adjust lemon juice, broth, and sherry amounts to suit your taste. Makes 2 servings. Don't forget to measure your rice!
Taco Salad By Karena Farrel
Cook your measured portion of 90% lean ground beef or ground turkey in a skillet. Drain fat by rinsing and/or using paper towels. Layer the following items on a bed of green leaf or romaine lettuce: 1/2 c of chopped tomatoes, 1/2 c of healthy choice fat free cheese (comes shredded in a bag), 2 tbs salsa, and one crumbled taco shell (preheated in toaster oven first). You may be able to use 2 shells depending on the brand and your carb allowance!
Stuffed Peppers By Karena Farrel
These can be made with or without rice they work well for lunch or dinner!
measured portion of cooked rice
measured portion of 90% lean beef, cooked and drained of fat
2-3 tablespoons of light tomato sauce
1/4 cup of chopped onion
1 or 2 green peppers, tops sliced off, insides clean
Mix rice, meat, onions, and sauce in a bowl. Carefully spoon mixture into the peppers, firmly packing it down. Place in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until peppers are tender.