They Changed My Gym

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

They Changed My Gym

The Awesome gym I go to...where I can do powerlifting, use chalk, Deadlifts, DB's going to 200lbs etc.....they changed it and didn't let anyone know!!!

I go in today, ALL the power racks are gone. ALL the Hammer Strength is gone. DB's only go to 80lbs now. And there is an assload of Cybex machines in there. All the old school equipment I liked is gone. They changed the name of the gym. WTF?!?!?

I have a 2 year contract there (1 year left I think). What am I supposed to do? They have a posting about how the contracts are still binding to this new gym. Stupid Sellouts.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

That is bullshit. You should try to get your money back. You payed for a good gym then they fucked you over! Sorry to hear about that.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Your diet will set you free.

I hate exercise, I love training.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by fufu
    That is bullshit. You should try to get your money back. You payed for a good gym then they fucked you over! Sorry to hear about that.

Good luck with that shit. The same thing happened to me.
    http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/sh...=pussification

Take a quick glance at that and be glad that your gym didn't change into this.
    Fucking Determined!

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco32
    The Awesome gym I go to...where I can do powerlifting, use chalk, Deadlifts, DB's going to 200lbs etc.....they changed it and didn't let anyone know!!!

I go in today, ALL the power racks are gone. ALL the Hammer Strength is gone. DB's only go to 80lbs now. And there is an assload of Cybex machines in there. All the old school equipment I liked is gone. They changed the name of the gym. WTF?!?!?

I have a 2 year contract there (1 year left I think). What am I supposed to do? They have a posting about how the contracts are still binding to this new gym. Stupid Sellouts.
    That's fucked up. Pretty soon you'll have some skinny ass, 140 lbs., guy telling you that you're doing your doing your deadlifts wrong.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

yeah, that sucks...real gyms just cannot make it anymore, they have to cater to the gerenal public and be fitness oriented so they do not intimidate the average joe. the only thing we have in my are is 24 Hour Fitness and Bally's.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DOMS
    That's fucked up. Pretty soon you'll have some skinny ass, 140 lbs., guy telling you that you're doing your doing your deadlifts wrong.
    ...or have a 140 lb. guy telling you that you aren’t allowed to do deadlifts, because it intimidates the other members.
    Fucking Determined!

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu
    ...or have a 140 lb. guy telling you that you aren’t allowed to do deadlifts, because it intimidates the other members.
    The next time that happens, fucking growl at him.

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

I'll tell you what you do: fucking slam your goddamned weights around like a wild rabid animal, swearing and cursing in the name of the Lord while you are lifting, spill chalk dust everywhere, and wipe your balls sweat all over every cybex machine you can find. That'll learn 'em. Or, if not, it will be a lot of fun. Talk about unleashing the beast...
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

my partner and I did this at a club, although we were not trying to get kicked out, we just lifted weights like we were in a real gym, yelling, grunting, tossing plates, and they basically ripped up our contracts and kicked us out.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Robert DiMaggio
    my partner and I did this at a club, although we were not trying to get kicked out, we just lifted weights like we were in a real gym, yelling, grunting, tossing plates, and they basically ripped up our contracts and kicked us out.
    Mission accomplished I say. I would rather lift rusty ass weights in an abandoned parking lot.

1RM Videos

Dedicated to one thing!!!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Robert DiMaggio
    Don't tell me,the instructors were 140lbs

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

KEFE goes there?

Dedicated to one thing!!!

Rep Points

Rep Points

yeah thats pretty screwed up , my gym is ghey too, my gym has dumbbells that only go up to 100lbs lol and then they really dont have any freeweights, all they got is a smith machine, a bench,2 adjuastable benches, and a preacher curls stand. they have a suggestion box so i decided to write something lol it was somethin like-you need to get rid of all these pussy machines and get more freeweights and bumper plates. lol 3/4 of the gym is machines and cardio crap. then they have a corner for freeweights. its just stupid. and the P.T there are gay, they have all there ppl they train on machines

EDIT** the next day i went in they bought some 35lb plates lol. but its still gay

Has lost 58lbs!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I hope they have lots of elipticals and magazines. That's a great gym!

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan
    I hope they have lots of elipticals and magazines. That's a great gym!
    I'm not sure if you're aware of it (it may be a joke), but you sig just shows a tripod placeholder image.

lifts weights
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Im lucky, my gym is pretty chill. Has a decent freeweight area with dumbells going up to somewhere around 200lbs, and a buttload of plates, but only 1 squat rack.
    This is my journal. Click it and such

"
    tried and true theory on one's self is probably the only non-biased proof that something works for someone." - juggernaut

http://www.ronpaul.com/

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by kenwood
    yeah thats pretty screwed up , my gym is ghey too, my gym has dumbbells that only go up to 100lbs lol and then they really dont have any freeweights, all they got is a smith machine, a bench,2 adjuastable benches, and a preacher curls stand. they have a suggestion box so i decided to write something lol it was somethin like-you need to get rid of all these pussy machines and get more freeweights and bumper plates. lol 3/4 of the gym is machines and cardio crap. then they have a corner for freeweights. its just stupid. and the P.T there are gay, they have all there ppl they train on machines

EDIT** the next day i went in they bought some 35lb plates lol. but its still gay
    Strange....this coming from a guy who trains at home.

Has lost 58lbs!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I'm not sure if you're aware of it (it may be a joke), but you sig just shows a tripod placeholder image.
    I sent tripod some hate mail to fix it. But once again, they sit on their asses...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee
    Strange....this coming from a guy who trains at home.
    i use to train at home but i joined a gym...well its a wellness center and its $50 a month

Rep Points

Did you talk to the manager or anything to see what was up?
    Good Day

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco32

go on a rant! slam weights down and crack the concrete chuck weights across the gym. when doin curls or somethin yell as loud as you can. rub one out on the gay cybex machines. piss everywhere in the locker room, whipe your ass on the towels, crap in the sinks, tp/egg the gym , spaypaint on the walls lol. before you leave rack all the equipment w/all the plates they have so they have to unrack it lol. put a 45lb bar on the floor and puta asmany 45's that will fit on it, on it(pain in the ass to take off) lol

Rep Points

spray paint the old name of the gym on the side of the wall outside

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Load up the barbell for bench to the max with all the 45's, then lay under, grab the bar and scream "Come on steroids kick in!" about 10 times really loud...then get up and mumble to yourself leaving the weights on there. Next walk over to the dumbbells and start from the lightest pick them up do a test curl and say "nope too light", drop them on the ground and move down, then at about the 40's say "shit my steroids are wearing off!" and run to the locker room.
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maniclion
    Load up the barbell for bench to the max with all the 45's, then lay under, grab the bar and scream "Come on steroids kick in!" about 10 times really loud...then get up and mumble to yourself leaving the weights on there. Next walk over to the dumbbells and start from the lightest pick them up do a test curl and say "nope too light", drop them on the ground and move down, then at about the 40's say "shit my steroids are wearing off!" and run to the locker room.
    Don't forget too carry a bag that says "Top Secret" on it.

I've mentioned this before, but you may look into a local highschools gym. Almost highschool weightroom carries up too 100's DB and plate wise. Also, most only have ( like mine ) 4-5 BP benches, 4-5 squat racks, power clean/deadlift rubber matts, 4-5 incline benches, and a few regular flat benches. Plyo boxes, and other equipment lying around too. Usually a rack of belts, and stuff too. Just a suggestion.

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JordanMang
    Don't forget too carry a bag that says "Top Secret" on it.

I've mentioned this before, but you may look into a local highschools gym. Almost highschool weightroom carries up too 100's DB and plate wise. Also, most only have ( like mine ) 4-5 BP benches, 4-5 squat racks, power clean/deadlift rubber matts, 4-5 incline benches, and a few regular flat benches. Plyo boxes, and other equipment lying around too. Usually a rack of belts, and stuff too. Just a suggestion.
    I went to highschool in one of the richest county's in the country, particularly when it comes to education, and our weighroom was crap.

1RM Videos

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maniclion
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Your diet will set you free.

I hate exercise, I love training.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CowPimp
    I went to highschool in one of the richest county's in the country, particularly when it comes to education, and our weighroom was crap.
    I think living in Texas might have something to do with it. Football is king here. It's basically get big, get strong, or get out. Propper technique and heavy weight is emphasised. Most of the guys I work out with don't mess around. Most of our guys live in the weightroom during the off-season and especially the summer. I know guys who go up their at 7:30 for football camp to workout and run. Leave for 30 min to eat; come back, and hang out for a while. Do some stretching, and ice. Then they do some more cardio, and boxing or wrestling. Then usually we hit the pool, and back to the weightroom to watch film and eat. Around 4:00 everyone heads home and gets ready for the night life.

flawless

Rep Points

My kind of gym

All the members of my gym got a survey like a week ago. We filled it out and rated it based on the professionalism, the machines, free weights, and so forth. Then i typed like a 2-page paper in the "additional comments" section ranting on how much they need to get rid of the shitty squat racks and get power racks as well as a deadlift platform, new bars and plates, DB's up to 150, and so forth. I was cussing left and right and when i went to the gym the next day, the owner wanted to see me for a second (i'm friends with him) and he asked if it was me that filled out that particular survey. I chuckled a little and he knew it was me because i have talked to him about it before but they can't do anything about it because they are on a tight budget and the reason because of what cowpimp said.

Magical Apelikemenace
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Find another gym with equip you like...

Then sue that GHEY gym in small claims court for the remainder of your contract (if you paid in full)

And convince others to do the same!

Have Problems?... Chances are its due to overpopulation
    Save The Oceans, Save the Planet, Save Your Family, Save Yourself!