Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

WT diamond pushups?

Rep Points

WT diamond pushups?

It was my first day of doing tigerbend pushups, they did a great job with the triceps but i had to fucking jerk my shoulders in a weird direction to push up and finish the rep so i might have to stop doing it. Would doing weighted diamond/cg pushups be great for the tris?

And um there was another thing i was wondering about, i know this is random but which muscles are bigger, the lats or the hamstrings? They look like the same size in my eyes since the lats are the largest muscles on the upperbody and the hams are the smallest on the lowerbody (and the lower body generally holds much bigger and stronger muscles so it kinda ties up, u know?).

Rep Points

Yes diamond/CG pushups will hit the tris good.

Hams are way bigger than lats. They aren't the smallest lowerbody muscle either.

Rep Points

Man you have access to leg extension/curl machines, a barbell for rows, etc... why the fuck aren't you doing bench press? Read the stickies and design a real routine.

You seem like you have the attitude that you know everything and are just coming here looking for affirmation. I suggest you drop what you think you know and start to learn.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

^ Aye. You keep questioning the details with your threads, but your program is terrible from the ground up.

If you're seeing results, fine, but just imagine the results you'd see if you did a decent program.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by kcoleman
    Man you have access to leg extension/curl machines, a barbell for rows, etc... why the fuck aren't you doing bench press? Read the stickies and design a real routine.

You seem like you have the attitude that you know everything and are just coming here looking for affirmation. I suggest you drop what you think you know and start to learn.
    Well i cant bench yet since i have a stronger arm and a weaker arm so its going to get messed up, and yes im working on my weaker arm so dont mention that. Im trying to strengthen my tris also to get my bench up big.

And i dont have an attitude that i know everything, i just made one damn mistake when i was talking about the hams being the smallest/weakest of the upperlegs.

Rep Points

Well you come in here looking for advice but you never take it. How come you replaced squats and deadlifts with leg extensions/curls? Why not just do dumbell bench until your strength problem corrects itself?

Rep Points

the "hamstring" is not one muscle...it consists of the semimembranosus, semitendinosus, and the biceps femoris. The lat is one muscle

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

I just wanted to say that there is nothing wrong with weighted pushups. In fact, I think the pushup is a superior exercise to the bench press except that loading is the limiting factor. If you have a good way of taking up the resistance (A weighted vest, for example), then more power to you.

Also, that strength imbalance will correct itself over time if you do bench press and dumbbell press.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CowPimp
    I just wanted to say that there is nothing wrong with weighted pushups. In fact, I think the pushup is a superior exercise to the bench press except that loading is the limiting factor. If you have a good way of taking up the resistance (A weighted vest, for example), then more power to you.

Also, that strength imbalance will correct itself over time if you do bench press and dumbbell press.

Great advise. I also think weighted push ups are a much better exercise then benching because as you go up your body turns at a slight angle which targets more muscles groups then if your benching (straight up and down).
    Good Day

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by 911=InsideJob
    Great advise. I also think weighted push ups are a much better exercise then benching because as you go up your body turns at a slight angle which targets more muscles groups then if your benching (straight up and down).
    You don't really target more muscle groups per se, but your shoulder stabilizers get involved to a greater extent because it's a closed chain movement. This makes pushups better for maintaining healthy shoulders. As well, there is a component of stabilization involved since you are essentially doing a plank the entire duration of a set of pushups. The fact that you are moving your body through space also leads to greater excitation of the nervous system.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos