• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Wave Loading

PWGriffin

The Damned
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Was wondering if anyone here has tried wave loading and what kind of results they saw from this in the form of strength??

For those of you unfamiliar with the technique...

"After you warm up, you'll start with six reps of an exercise-squats, say- and then in the next set do just one. Then you'll do another set of six, but with a heavier weight than you used for the first set. Because your body remembers how heavy the single rep was, the weight you use for six reps should feel relatively light, even though it may be more than you've ever used for six reps. Then you do your foruth set with one rep, using a heavier weight than on the previous single...It, too, should feel a little easier than it ordinarily would, since you know you just have to lift it once, as opposed to six times."

After I finish my current program I am going to chang splits and change direction in my lifting and gear it more towards gains in strength...as I have never done this before I think it will not only be fun and challenging...but I should see great gains early on as well...

If you have no opinions on this particular technique, perhaps post up techniques you have tried and with which you've seen relative success.

Hey this sounds really interesting. Like how powerlifters who fail a lift have to move heavier weight if they want to re-try. What are the mechanics behind that?

kcoleman said:
Hey this sounds really interesting. Like how powerlifters who fail a lift have to move heavier weight if they want to re-try. What are the mechanics behind that?

You're not supposed to go to failure, especially on the singles. You would overtrain quickly like that. I would probably start at more like your 3-4RM and wave up from there.

With that said, I'm just speculating. I've never actually used the method myself. It's something else I'll have to try. More basic wave loading schemes are really just like your traditional pyramid or reverse pyramid.

Back